Windows 10: New Computer - You will need new app.......ugh

Discus and support New Computer - You will need new app.......ugh in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Community, I am getting the "you will need a new app ms-wpc" message on a brand new computer. I am simply trying to download another browser other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GraysonTakacs, Jan 12, 2019.

1. New Computer - You will need new app.......ugh

Hi Community,

I am getting the "you will need a new app ms-wpc" message on a brand new computer. I am simply trying to download another browser other than MS Edge and Java afterwords. I have already tried:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}

No DVD came with this computer.

Suggestions?

:)

GraysonTakacs, Jan 12, 2019

2. New Apps not showing anywhere

Hi Simon,

I would suggest you add create a shortcut to these programs in the Desktop till we fix this issue. You can right click on the frequently used programs and select 'Send to Desktop' to create a shortcut for that program in Desktop. To troubleshoot this issue,
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check:

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
    • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow
    Try these steps and let us know the results.

Bennet Martin, Jan 12, 2019
  3. tater Win User
    Need ideas for new computer

if this is an upgrade computer... then i wouldnt suggest buying new ones and wasting $200-$300 on new ones.., especially if all the old stuff works fine

tater, Jan 12, 2019
  4. John Sarc Win User

New Computer - You will need new app.......ugh

Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

New Computer - You will need new app.......ugh

1. New Computer - You will need new app.......ugh - Similar Threads - Computer need app

2. New app needs password to log into computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New app needs password to log into computer: Hello,I recently installed a VPN app Global Protect and after configuration it I need to type a password everytime i turn on my computer. Before installing i Had a PIN password for my computer and now I have two options of logging in. Can I recieve some help to delete that...
  3. New app needs password to log into computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New app needs password to log into computer: Hello,I recently installed a VPN app Global Protect and after configuration it I need to type a password everytime i turn on my computer. Before installing i Had a PIN password for my computer and now I have two options of logging in. Can I recieve some help to delete that...
  4. you will need a new app to open windows defender link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    you will need a new app to open windows defender link: hello i have recently upgraded to windows 11 thanks to this website and forums.since i had upgrade i get this message from windows security that i have threats found and actions are needed.whenever i click on it, i get that "you will need a new app to open windows defender...
  5. "You will need a New app to open ms windows store"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "You will need a New app to open ms windows store": I am trying to install lenovo vantage and ms store doesn't open and it just shows this message "you will need a New app to open ms windows store " I tried solutions here https://windowsreport.com/youll-need-a-new-app-to-open-this-ms/#4But it didn't work for meMay you help me...
  6. You will need a new application

You will need a new application: Hi, I can not start the game, the message pops up "you will need a new application to open this steam link" please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-will-need-a-new-application/9761b63e-d59e-4aff-bcfd-21e685e0b077
  7. You will need a new app to open this "ms-cxh" link

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    You will need a new app to open this "ms-cxh" link: I can't log in to my Microsoft account because I get this error. I have searched all over the internet, there is no solution anywhere, and there is not even a mention of this error. Please help...
  8. You will need a new app to open this MS.WPC

in Windows 10 Customization
    You will need a new app to open this MS.WPC: Whenever I launch google chrome or iTunes this error comes up. Ive followed multiple threads and nothings worked. Ive tryed going into powershell in admin. It didn't work WINDOWS 10...
  9. you will need a new app to open windows defender

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    you will need a new app to open windows defender: version 1903 windows 10 home other laptop with windows 10 pro works ok after much headaches managed to upgrade to 1903 but now the above message is the fix not in upgrade? whats going on so is 1903 is brand new junk upgrade?...
  10. Problem- You will need a new app to get this ms-......

Problem- You will need a new app to get this ms-......: After successfully updating feature update 1809 win 10, always it is showing that "You will need a new app to get this ms-....". Also microsoft office is not opening....