Windows 10: New computer

Discus and support New computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just bought a new HP computer with windows10 installed and I can't get settings to come up, taskbar search does not work! Help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bsm1957, Jun 15, 2021.

1. bsm1957 Win User

New computer

I just bought a new HP computer with windows10 installed and I can't get settings to come up, taskbar search does not work! Help

:)

bsm1957, Jun 15, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 15, 2021
  3. BSOD on new computer while gaming

I just got a new computer about a month ago. Everything is new and I get BSOD (windows 10) while gaming mostly although it sometimes happens while I'm just using the computer. Sometimes the computer doesn't BSOD and just gives me a Access Violation Error. Not sure if related.

Here is the link to download output files from the V2 script.

Dropbox - windows crash - Simplify your life

Any help is appreciated

Steps I have taken:
    • Updated all drivers and bios to latest versions
    • Checked ram with windows memory test to see if ram is faulty. (A stick was and it was removed waiting for replacement)
    • Clean Installed Windows after finding faulty ram
    • I had 2 x 2080Ti installed, I removed one, tested and then swapped cards; issue still exist

MarvIchiban, Jun 15, 2021
  4. New computer

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

New computer

1. New computer - Similar Threads - computer

2. My computer says “This system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer says “This system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this...: Hello, my HP computer does not let me log in via fongerprint nor pin it says “something happened and your PIN isn’t available, click to set up pin again.” But it doesn’t let me and “this system detected an overrun of a stock-based buffer in this application” keeps on popping...
  3. My computer says “This system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer says “This system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this...: Hello, my HP computer does not let me log in via fongerprint nor pin it says “something happened and your PIN isn’t available, click to set up pin again.” But it doesn’t let me and “this system detected an overrun of a stock-based buffer in this application” keeps on popping...
  4. Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources: Good morning,I have two local accounts with administrator rights created on my computer.The first one - belongs to me - let's call it Account XThe second one of my brother's - let's call it Account YWhen I open account X and log into it, everything is fine and the task...
  5. Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources

Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources: Good morning,I have two local accounts with administrator rights created on my computer.The first one - belongs to me - let's call it Account XThe second one of my brother's - let's call it Account YWhen I open account X and log into it, everything is fine and the task...
  6. Computer freezes during initial boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes during initial boot: Hello,I have purchased some new computers for a company that I work for. They have been starting to give problems where it takes about 5-10 minutes to boot up and get to the log-in screen. I have attached a link to the memory dump files if anybody can take a look. Thank you!...
  7. Computer freezes during initial boot

Computer freezes during initial boot: Hello,I have purchased some new computers for a company that I work for. They have been starting to give problems where it takes about 5-10 minutes to boot up and get to the log-in screen. I have attached a link to the memory dump files if anybody can take a look. Thank you!...
  8. Mu computer keeps giving me the code "0x80070643" when i try to update it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mu computer keeps giving me the code "0x80070643" when i try to update it: i have ran the trouble shooter and idk what to do : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mu-computer-keeps-giving-me-the-code-0x80070643/43d4efd8-cd92-44bf-8296-8dbffc2dbbbc
  9. Mu computer keeps giving me the code "0x80070643" when i try to update it

Mu computer keeps giving me the code "0x80070643" when i try to update it: i have ran the trouble shooter and idk what to do : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mu-computer-keeps-giving-me-the-code-0x80070643/43d4efd8-cd92-44bf-8296-8dbffc2dbbbc
  10. Mu computer keeps giving me the code "0x80070643" when i try to update it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade