Windows 10: New context entries in CCleaner after AU

Discus and support New context entries in CCleaner after AU in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, 10Forums community, I recently got the Anniversary update and was very surprised to see these new 2 entries, which I cannot disable or delete.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ivan Petrov, Nov 27, 2016.

1. New context entries in CCleaner after AU

Hello, 10Forums community, I recently got the Anniversary update and was very surprised to see these new 2 entries, which I cannot disable or delete. Came from nowhere... At the same time I don't have them included in any context menus in File explorer. Please, how can I get rid of them, very disturbing stuff...
    The laptop is brand new HP with W10 Home AU and almost free of software, except for the pre-installed MS apps.
    Thanks

:)

Ivan Petrov, Nov 27, 2016

2. Win 10 Missing Basic Functionality

By virtue of a reply from Fred Langa of Windows Secrets, my problem has been fixed.

At his recommendation, I disabled all the optional context menu entries using CCleaner. As a result ALL functionality is working as expected. My thanks to all who attemped to help me resolve this weird problem.

Harris Guilmette, Nov 27, 2016
  3. Antivirus not working after updating to Creators Update

Only one.

Crossed checked entries forbtraces of other AV manually too after running ccleaner.

techsavvy1, Nov 27, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

New context entries in CCleaner after AU

Hi, try Shellexview (free).

That lets you enable or disable these, and if you right click an entry you can open regedit at the correct key and delete it if you wish.

dalchina, Nov 27, 2016
  5. EdTittel Win User
    I agree with Dalchina, though I also hasten to observe that running PowerShell is not necessarily either (a) a bad thing, or (b) a sign of malign or malicious activity. MS is switching from cmd. exe to PowerShell in Redstone 2 and has already cut over in build 14971 of the Insider Preview.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

PS: Nirsoft's ShellExView is a great tool. Find it here: ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For Windows

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

New context entries in CCleaner after AU

1. New context entries in CCleaner after AU - Similar Threads - context entries CCleaner

2. All the entries in the "New menu" in Windows context menu are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All the entries in the "New menu" in Windows context menu are missing: Suddenly, all the entries from my "New" context menu disappeared, I don't know why. I've tried restoring the defaults, enabling, disabling new entries, nothing helped, no entries in the menu. How to restore it?...
  3. All the entries in the "New menu" in Windows context menu are missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All the entries in the "New menu" in Windows context menu are missing: Suddenly, all the entries from my "New" context menu disappeared, I don't know why. I've tried restoring the defaults, enabling, disabling new entries, nothing helped, no entries in the menu. How to restore it?...
  4. All the entries in the "New menu" in Windows context menu are missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to remove Create a new video context menu entry

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove Create a new video context menu entry: I just noticed a new context menu entry in the new W10 Update. It is visible when right-clicking image files. [img] Is there some easy way to get rid of this? Perhaps some reg files, Brink? *Biggrin 119141
  6. Creating a new registry enty for a new context menu entry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creating a new registry enty for a new context menu entry: For text editing and browsing a file's contents, I always use Textpad because it is a very sophisticated text editor. Also installed Notepad++ "just in case." NP++ has a neat context menu option "Edit with Notepad++" appearing in any context. In prior Windows versions the...
  7. Creating a new registry enty for a new context menu entry

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating a new registry enty for a new context menu entry: For text editing and browsing a file's contents, I always use Textpad because it is a very sophisticated text editor. Also installed Notepad++ "just in case." NP++ has a neat context menu option "Edit with Notepad++" appearing in any context. In prior Windows versions the...
  8. Removing Office '16 context menu entries?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Removing Office '16 context menu entries?: Hello; I've recently installed Office 16 and only just noticed that it's added new context meny entries in my explorer. Upon /r clicking (in the desktop, not on a file), under "new" category, there are now entries for each and every Office 'product': New Word document, New...
  9. delete context menu entry

delete context menu entry: Hello every one,cannot delete specific entry [img] have uninstalled,cleaned registry entries with RevoUninstaller and CCleaner,manually looked for all entries in Registry Editor,used Shellex and Shellview,nothing seems to handle it.Any hints? 13024
  10. Creating a new entry in the context menu

Creating a new entry in the context menu: Hello from Germany. Is it possible to create a new entry in the context menu in "new"? I often need an empty paint-pic. For example: [img] Thank you. 39917