Windows 10: New Context Menu Bugs With 1903 Update

Discus and support New Context Menu Bugs With 1903 Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows new version update which was just made available to me this month fixed a few bugs from 1809 (that MS consistently denied their existence... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RobNHood63, Jun 12, 2019.

1. New Context Menu Bugs With 1903 Update

Windows new version update which was just made available to me this month fixed a few bugs from 1809 (that MS consistently denied their existence regardless of hundreds of community threads regarding them)but created more (no surprise). Now, any pinned shortcut on the task bar or start menu has non-functional context menus. This even includes built in Windows core features such as File Explorer. You right click, click on any menu option aka Downloads, File Explorer (to open a new window) and nothing. No action. This is with ALL pinned shortcuts. Graphic software, Browsers. Anything. MS constantly adds garbage features that make your computer mimic a smart phone and is nothing more than fluff that they neglect core fundamentals for people who actually use their computers beyond the social networking world. Any help would be appreciated. Rolling back to 1809 is not an option.

:)

RobNHood63, Jun 12, 2019

2. Problem with New Context Menu

The option to add a new Rich Text File seems to have disappeared from my Context Menu and I'm not sure why.

I'm not computer savvy, but after a bit of Googling I read how you can add and delete options from the New Context Menu though the Registry Editor. When I went to check it the .rtf folder under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT still has it's ShellNew folder so I'm not
    sure what the issue is or if perhaps there's something wrong with it. I also found a tool to easily enable/disable file types on the New Context Menu, and .rtf is listed along with everything else and checked off as "enabled" but for some reason is not showing
    up, even after I tried disabling and enabling it a couple of times. This is extremely frustrating as that's the file type I use the most.

Any suggestions as to what the problem is or how to fix it?

MadeOfKittens, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown New Context Menu Bugs With 1903 Update :(

ArmoredCavalry, Jun 12, 2019
  4. New Context Menu Bugs With 1903 Update

Taskbar "right click" context menus disappear after 1903 update

The right click context menus disappear after I upgraded to Win 10 1903.

This seems like a common theme for all recent 7+ versions post updates.

I have read every article.

1) It is not corrupted system files, or at least a through check and resolve of these does not fix the issue

2) It is not Policy, I have disabled the relevant computer and user policies. Does not fix the issue

3) It is not a random entry in the registry to force disable the policy. Does not fix the issue

4) It is not the user account in some way, a new user does not fix the problem

5) It is not a 3rd party app, I have nothing that touches the context menu and it still disappears post update. Does not fix the issue

6) It is not driver related on either Graphics, Mouse, USB or related Chipset. Validated latest, forced update to latest, Does not fix the issue

Stop making it up guys, please fix this issue that must be in your code somewhere.

Anyone with any suggestions outside of above, greatly appreciated.

PhilDougherty, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

New Context Menu Bugs With 1903 Update

1. New Context Menu Bugs With 1903 Update - Similar Threads - Context Menu Bugs

2. Adding an item to the new context menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding an item to the new context menu.: I am looking for a way to add a new item to the new context menu. The item in question is a .php file, with an associated template file. I've been tinkering around with the registry trying to get it to work, but nothing seems to be working. All the old methods no longer...
  3. Rightclick context menu bug on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Rightclick context menu bug on startup: Im getting undo copy every bootup. Locating the file it does not exist and its dated more than a month ago. How to remove? [img] [img] 160045
  4. Right click New context menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right click New context menu: I wanna know how to rearrange the new menu when you right click. I just installed Microsoft Office 2019 and the default arrangement is really ugly. Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/UnsettledForever [link] [comments]...
  5. VHD to new under context menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    VHD to new under context menu?: Does anyone know by regedit or otherwise if there is a way to make VHD appear under 'New' in the context menu so that essentially you would be able to right-click, hover over 'New', select VHD, and be launched straight into creation of a new VHD? Thanks! 135677
  6. Context Menu "New" hanging up

Context Menu "New" hanging up: I still have an issue with my Context Menu "New" hanging up; when will MS fix that one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu-new-hanging-up/19975061-5d82-4645-9a4e-1368f0414077
  7. Adding excel in new context menu

Adding excel in new context menu: Hi, I'm trying to add excel program in the "new" context menu. [img] I went to regedit (ShellNew) : [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT]; .xlsx [img] I added "NullFile" key and put it to '1' as proposed in several procedures on the net. I restarted my computer...
  8. New shortcut directly on context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    New shortcut directly on context menu: OK, it's on the New submenu. But I'd like to have it right on the main context menu, ready to click. Or maybe a separate shortcut for NewShortcut? 84207
  9. Windows 10 context menu bug after a recent update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 context menu bug after a recent update: I'm running Windows 10 Pro, version 1607, OS Build 14393.693. One of the recent updates messed the right click menu on Windows Explorer and Skype as you can see from the attached screenshots. It starts with all items blackened, and appear only when I go over them with the...
  10. Context Menu Bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Context Menu Bug: This is more of a 411-esque post... not sure if anyone has posted about this here yet. Nevertheless, there is a bug in Windows 10, that causes Explorer to act up due to "resource exhaustion," at least that's what the current consensus is and it seems to happen as a result...