Windows 10: New copy of Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support New copy of Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am looking at getting or building a new PC. Will I have to buy a new copy of Windows 10 Pro (I use both 64 and 32 Bit versions) or is the Media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Michael-Bereece, Mar 13, 2019.

1. New copy of Windows 10 Pro

I am looking at getting or building a new PC. Will I have to buy a new copy of Windows 10 Pro (I use both 64 and 32 Bit versions) or is the Media Creation tool adequate to create a new copy? I do not have a product key as version 8 Upgrade is the only Install CD that I have. sounds cheap I know but I am retired on Social Security and saving for the parts for a new computer is challenging enough. Thanks.

:)

Michael-Bereece, Mar 13, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Mar 13, 2019
  4. CK011885 Win User

New copy of Windows 10 Pro

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

New copy of Windows 10 Pro

1. New copy of Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - copy Pro

2. Order history shows a copy of Windows 10 Pro Download but no key info.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Order history shows a copy of Windows 10 Pro Download but no key info.: I'm reimplementing a Windows environment on my mac using Parallels. During the installation, it asked for a copy of Windows. My dashboard shows Widows 10 Pro Download. It was running previously. Had to do some work on the system and now would like to reinstall the Windows...
  3. Order history shows a copy of Windows 10 Pro Download but no key info.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Order history shows a copy of Windows 10 Pro Download but no key info.: I'm reimplementing a Windows environment on my mac using Parallels. During the installation, it asked for a copy of Windows. My dashboard shows Widows 10 Pro Download. It was running previously. Had to do some work on the system and now would like to reinstall the Windows...
  4. Order history shows a copy of Windows 10 Pro Download but no key info.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Is my Windows 10 Pro copy legit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my Windows 10 Pro copy legit?: Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-my-windows-10-pro-copy-legit/6c369f14-225f-4320-9fa0-d98fca57560c
  6. Is my Windows 10 Pro copy legit?

Is my Windows 10 Pro copy legit?: Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-my-windows-10-pro-copy-legit/6c369f14-225f-4320-9fa0-d98fca57560c
  7. Is my Windows 10 Pro copy legit?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. how do I correct copy and paste that is not working? I have Win 10 Pro- Would installing MS...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I correct copy and paste that is not working? I have Win 10 Pro- Would installing MS...: Hi...My copy and paste is not working, and I have tried about all sujestions,I have WIN1 Pro - If I replaced it with MS365 would it fix it?Thanks!...
  9. how do I correct copy and paste that is not working? I have Win 10 Pro- Would installing MS...

how do I correct copy and paste that is not working? I have Win 10 Pro- Would installing MS...: Hi...My copy and paste is not working, and I have tried about all sujestions,I have WIN1 Pro - If I replaced it with MS365 would it fix it?Thanks!...
  10. how do I correct copy and paste that is not working? I have Win 10 Pro- Would installing MS...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging