Windows 10: New Cortana introduced in Windows 10 2004 does not respond to requests or messages.

Discus and support New Cortana introduced in Windows 10 2004 does not respond to requests or messages. in Cortana to solve the problem; I am currently running Windows 10 Home Insider Preview Build 20161, although the problem has persisted since I joined the insider program. Whenever I... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by David-Wagoner, Jul 5, 2020.

1. New Cortana introduced in Windows 10 2004 does not respond to requests or messages.

I am currently running Windows 10 Home Insider Preview Build 20161, although the problem has persisted since I joined the insider program.

Whenever I send something to Cortana, she does not respond or acknowledge that I sent anything at all.

I have tried:

-using Powershell to uninstall and reinstall Cortana, repairing and resetting Cortana from inside the Settings app

-double-checking my region and language settings to ensure it was on United States and in US English

-completely removing my student account from the device leaving only my personal Outlook account

-Ensuring I have the latest updates

I have another PC running on the same account that does not use Windows insider edition. I am running Windows on the only user account on the device.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

:)

David-Wagoner, Jul 5, 2020

2. Cortana Does Not Respond to "Hey, Cortana"

Hi,

To assist you better, please provide us with the below information;

• Did you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

• Does the Cortana search tool work properly?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps resolve the issue;

• Right click on the
      speaker icon in the lower right hand corner of your desktop.
    • Select "Recording Devices".
    • Select your main input microphone.
    • Speak into the microphone.
    • Note the sound level meter. You want the level meter to peak every so often at the top of the bar but still show good bounce during your spoken text.
    • Ensure the microphone input is still selected and
      click properties
    • Click the Levels tab.
    • If you have a microphone boost set it in the middle.
    • Now adjust the microphone gain by moving the slider.

10. Click “Apply” and verify that the level meter is responding as described in step 5.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to refer to the below link and try the troubleshooting methods and check if it helps;

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Jul 5, 2020
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    cortana not responding

Hello,

There are a number of reasons why Cortana has stopped working on your device. To better assist you, we would like you to answer the following questions:

• Is this issue happening to all of your commands?
    • Have you checked your mic if it’s working properly?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . This article contains steps that you can perform to address your query.

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Jul 5, 2020
  4. New Cortana introduced in Windows 10 2004 does not respond to requests or messages.

Cortana does not respond after the upgrade.

What, "Enable" Cortana? There is no such button/menu, etc.!
    I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Did you receive any error message? NO
    • What exactly happens when you try to activate Cortana? NO Options to Activate.
    • Did you install any third party security application? NO
    This issue is really weird. Cortana seams to have been completely removed from my system! There are no settings to change. I can't change everything to British English as there is NO Cortana to be found!

JuneMoonson, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

New Cortana introduced in Windows 10 2004 does not respond to requests or messages.

1. New Cortana introduced in Windows 10 2004 does not respond to requests or messages. - Similar Threads - Cortana introduced 2004

2. Windows 10 not responding to ARP requests

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 not responding to ARP requests: On an internal LAN no Internet access, I have setup a TFTP server on a Windows 10 Pro PC to serve as a boot server for laboratory devices. The PC's IP address is 10.1.1.2 A RPi3, running a DHCP server, is on 10.1.1.1 Lab devices are in the range 10.1.1.100 through...
  3. Cortana does not respond to voice

in Cortana
    Cortana does not respond to voice: I had a recent download in Windows 10 and Cortana no longer responds to voice questions. Can anyone provide step-by-step instructions to get Cortana working properly again....
  4. why does not cortana respond on hey cortana after the windows update version 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    why does not cortana respond on hey cortana after the windows update version 2004: I was very excited i dont know why but i was excited about the new windows update version 2004 i have heard many things that cortana has changed they made a photo search option in search bar but when the update came and i started the update it got stuck on getting things...
  5. Windows 10 version 2004 introduces new security features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 2004 introduces new security features: On May 27, 2020, Microsoft started rolling out Windows 10 May 2020 Update (version 2004) to mainstream consumers and anyone can check for updates in Windows Update page to see if their PC is ready. There are plenty of new features, improvements and minor fixes in Windows...
  6. Cortana doesn't respond on the first request

in Cortana
    Cortana doesn't respond on the first request: I have an original Surface Pro sitting on my counter that use it mainly as a voice assistant. If I haven't talked to Cortana in a few hours, the first time I ask her something she wakes up with "Hey Cortana", but doesn't hear my next command or question and then just...
  7. Cortana is not responding?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana is not responding?: I use Windows 10 home edition, I have 32 gig of ram and more hard drive space than I will ever use! My problem is that I an a Windows Insider who allows preview builds. After the latest build and cumulative update, when trying to use Cortana I get a message: "Sorry but...
  8. Cortana hears but does not respond

in Cortana
    Cortana hears but does not respond: I use Cortana to get stock prices so usually, for example when working correctly, I will ask; "Exxon stock price" and receive reply. Lately, I know Cortana hears because the words show up at bottom of screen but after several seconds Cortana responds "sorry I didn't get...
  9. Cortana opens but does not play spotify request.

in Cortana
    Cortana opens but does not play spotify request.: Cortana opens but does not play Spotify song or playlist request without additional "Cortana Play" command after Spotify opens in song paused mode. I have the latest Windows 10 and the latest Spotify This used to work...what gives? Can't find a solution in threads so...
  10. Introducing Cortana in Skype

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Cortana in Skype: Conversation is central in our everyday lives. We chat to stay in touch, to share news and ideas that excite us, and to make plans for getting together with family and friends. But we often find ourselves in need of information—a fact to share, a place to meet, a movie time,...