Windows 10: New COVID-19 malware that will wipe your PC and rewrite your MBR

Discus and support New COVID-19 malware that will wipe your PC and rewrite your MBR in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; With the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic raging all over the globe, some malware authors have developed malware that destroys infected systems, either... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

New COVID-19 malware that will wipe your PC and rewrite your MBR

Read more: There's now COVID-19 malware that will wipe your PC and rewrite your MBR | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Apr 2, 2020

2. Covid -19 Scam/Malware

No, it's entirely different. Bing.com provides a Coronavirus Tracker.

Microsoft Bing COVID-19 Tracker

I checked the link and was immediately redirected to MSN.com. My advice is to have the OP contact their ISP provider about the issue. They can check the router from their end to determine if there is an issue with their connection.

Plus your advice for scanning is spot on. The Chrome browser launch sounds as if malware is on the system.

Smittychat., Apr 2, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Google launches new website for COVID-19 information and resources

Source: Connecting people with COVID-19 information and resources

See also:

Brink, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

1. New COVID-19 malware that will wipe your PC and rewrite your MBR - Similar Threads - COVID malware wipe

2. Is COVID-19 Malware is real

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is COVID-19 Malware is real: i wanna know its real or not, like SarsCov2.exe, and, is it real, i found it in google chrome, and also how to remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/is-covid-19-malware-is-real/cdd2449d-3074-4bc7-a4a8-91c30ee7b084
  3. "Reset your PC" Malware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Reset your PC" Malware?: Took my W10 Pro out of sleep mode, and a disturbing page came up in a Chrome tab titled "Apps removed while resetting your PC" With a detailed list of my apps. The URL is "file:///C:/Users/TROYE/Desktop/Removed%20Apps.html". NO reset was done, or any other system maintenance....
  4. "Reset your PC" Malware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Reset your PC" Malware?: Took my W10 Pro out of sleep mode, and a disturbing page came up in a Chrome tab titled "Apps removed while resetting your PC" With a detailed list of my apps. The URL is "file:///C:/Users/TROYE/Desktop/Removed%20Apps.html". NO reset was done, or any other system maintenance....
  5. "Reset your PC" Malware?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Covid 19 tracing app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Covid 19 tracing app: How do I get the government Covid 19 tracing app on my Nokia Lumia 535 smartphone with Windows 10 operating system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/covid-19-tracing-app/550dc8ab-8305-4950-a892-f37f4ea14ef3
  7. Twitter introduces new labels for misleading COVID-19 Tweets

in Windows 10 News
    Twitter introduces new labels for misleading COVID-19 Tweets: In serving the public conversation, our goal is to make it easy to find credible information on Twitter and to limit the spread of potentially harmful and misleading content. Starting today, we’re introducing new labels and warning messages that will provide...
  8. Help the Covid 19 Battle

in Windows 10 Support
    Help the Covid 19 Battle: Some may wish to donate their spare PC computing capability to this effort Coronavirus – What we’re doing and how you can help in simple terms – [email protected] 155082
  9. Google launches new website for COVID-19 information and resources

in Windows 10 News
    Google launches new website for COVID-19 information and resources: Since the beginning of the year, search interest in COVID-19 has continued to climb around the world. Right now the disease is the largest topic people are looking for globally, surpassing even some of the most common and consistent queries we see in Search. [ATTACH] As...
  10. New malware sets up proxies on your PC to relay malicious traffic

in Windows 10 News
    New malware sets up proxies on your PC to relay malicious traffic: A new malware strain targeting Windows systems is rearing its ugly head. Named SystemBC, this malware installs a proxy on infected computers.The bad news is that SystemBC never comes alone, and usually, the presence of this malware indicates that a computer was also infected...