Windows 10: New CPU/Mobo, Windows got upgraded to Pro, Can't downgrade to reactivate Home

Discus and support New CPU/Mobo, Windows got upgraded to Pro, Can't downgrade to reactivate Home in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So yeah I upgraded my CPU and Mobo and now I'm realizing that somehow in that process my Windows installation got upgraded to Pro and it's saying it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/king_m1k3, Apr 2, 2021.

1. New CPU/Mobo, Windows got upgraded to Pro, Can't downgrade to reactivate Home

So yeah I upgraded my CPU and Mobo and now I'm realizing that somehow in that process my Windows installation got upgraded to Pro and it's saying it's unactivated. I own a license for Home.

I tried downgrading via the regedit + reinstall trick, but it's asking me for a product key. It seems that I bought some digital version from MS that is linked to my account rather than issuing me a product key.

Any ideas besides nuking it all an reinstalling Home?

submitted by /u/king_m1k3
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/king_m1k3, Apr 2, 2021

2. Changing my MOBO and CPU a

I'm doing PC upgrades and changes entirely for my new mini-itx build.

I'm not sure about how the process would work, but what are the appropriate steps I need to undertake before making my changes?

• My personal data and files are backed up to my Onedrive, and have nothing to lose in terms of data.
    • I have an additional copy of Windows 10 (but would prefer not to use it in-case I do another PC build).
    • My MOBO and CPU upgrades are polar opposites of my current hardware:
      • OLD HARDWARE
        • Intel i5 6500
        • AsRock Killer MOBO
      • New Hardware
        • AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
        • Asus Strix X-470
    This is my first time doing a particular change so guiding steps would be greatly appreciated! Things like how to wipe my hard-drive and reinstall Windows, etc.

Chris Anguiano, Apr 2, 2021
  3. Roxas1203 Win User
    Reactivation Windows 10 Pro issue

I have changed my hardware recently and found that I can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro. In Reactivate Windows section, I can't find my current device in the list, only my old motherboards appeared ( MSI and Gigabyte ). My old hardware are I7-4790 + MSI H81M
    Mobo + 8GB DDR3 Ram and I upgraded to I5-9400F + My new Asrock MOBO B350 or 450 something (Can't remember) + 16 GB DDR4 Ram. There is no my current MOBO in the reactivate section, only the old one appeared (MSI H81M Mobo). Pls someone help me.

Also note that I have signed in with my microsoft account that links with Windows 10 pro licence but it only shows the old mobo in the reactivate list.

Roxas1203, Apr 2, 2021
  4. Amol S. Win User

New CPU/Mobo, Windows got upgraded to Pro, Can't downgrade to reactivate Home

Changing my MOBO and CPU a

You will have to buy windows license if you change the motherboard, unless you made the computer originally in the first place, or bought a license key.

Amol S., Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

New CPU/Mobo, Windows got upgraded to Pro, Can't downgrade to reactivate Home

1. New CPU/Mobo, Windows got upgraded to Pro, Can't downgrade to reactivate Home - Similar Threads - CPU Mobo got

2. Upgrade mobo and cpu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade mobo and cpu: Hello im upgrading my motherboardand cpu,and my question is what i need to archivemaybe my windows?Also were I can find my windows key?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-mobo-and-cpu/62c21727-4492-4af4-87a4-eab84b67dd49
  3. Upgrade mobo and cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade mobo and cpu: Hello im upgrading my motherboardand cpu,and my question is what i need to archivemaybe my windows?Also were I can find my windows key?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-mobo-and-cpu/62c21727-4492-4af4-87a4-eab84b67dd49
  4. Upgrade mobo and cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Install Windows 10 on new drive after Mobo/CPU upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install Windows 10 on new drive after Mobo/CPU upgrade: Hello all.I'm aware that you can use the MCT to install windows on a new drive under an existing license. I have a small twist on that scenario, and wanted to see if there was a way to utilize my existing license, or if I would need to purchase a new one.I have a desktop...
  6. New CPU/ Mobo - Windows 10 Pro Key Not in Order History?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New CPU/ Mobo - Windows 10 Pro Key Not in Order History?: I purchased Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft store, but the key is nowhere to be found in my account's order history. Searching "All Available" for the timeframe filter only shows purchases from earlier this year, yet I've actively used this Microsoft account for over seven...
  7. Upgrading and downgrading windows 10 home to pro

Upgrading and downgrading windows 10 home to pro: I am having oem windows 10 home laptopsoftware pre installed by the laptop manufacturer, I am thinking to upgrade to windows 10 Pro, in feature I think to downgrade to old ome windows 10 home can I use old oem product keyproduct key pre activated by my laptop manufacturer....
  8. Looking to upgrade CPU and Mobo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looking to upgrade CPU and Mobo: Hey Guys! Here are my computer specs: Dell XPS 8700 Original Motherboard CPU: Intel Core i5-4430 @ 3GHz Quad core 3001Mhz Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X series (2 x 8GB) 240pin DDR3 SDRAM 1600 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti I was looking to upgrade my CPU and motherboard and...
  9. downgrade pro to home

downgrade pro to home: i tried to downgrade my pro to home single which was first there on my laptop using usb flashdrive media creation tool is giving error i aldready have that oem product key mounted on my motherboard ....
  10. Upgrading home to pro, then later downgrading to home for sale

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading home to pro, then later downgrading to home for sale: I am planning on buying new laptop which comes with Windows 10 Home edition preinstalled. After that I plan on upgrading the windows to Pro version. To my understanding I just buy the upgrade key and that is it. However, most likely in next 2-3 years, I would buy new...