Windows 10: New CPUs made of wood promise cheaper, healthier, greener technology

Discus and support New CPUs made of wood promise cheaper, healthier, greener technology in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; How many of you have a pile of computers sitting in a closet because you can't throw them away, but you don't want to recycle the hazardous materials... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, May 27, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

New CPUs made of wood promise cheaper, healthier, greener technology

Source

:)

labeeman, May 27, 2015

2. Blue Screens After New Hardware

So the the CPU is forsure bad? I just want to make sure it couldn’t be just a ram issue that made the errors. If the CPU could possibly be okay I would rather change the much cheaper ram versus the expensive CPU. But if it seems like the cpu is bad I’ll
    replace it. Thank you for the help!

skylartreut-shaffer, May 27, 2015
  3. Mick_H1 Win User
    Can the Maemo 5 in N900 be upgraded !

Part of the problem also being that the advances in hardware are being made at a phenomenal rate. The next Maemo/MeeGo device from Nokia will undoubtedly have a new CPU, GPU and other technology the isn't incorporated into the 900, so therefore eventually
    it will get left behind. The N900 may not have the required CPU/GPU instruction sets to run a fully fledged MeeGo, so It's going to be a mini version specifically designed for the handset.

It's a bit like trying to run PC software that's been specifically written for the MMX technology on a PC that doesn't have a CPU with that instruction set on board.

Mick_H1, May 27, 2015
  4. New CPUs made of wood promise cheaper, healthier, greener technology

Wonder if this could lead to a new line in ransomware -
    'Pay us or we will cause your machine to decompose' *chuckle

An interesting idea though.

SaggyMaggyPoo, May 27, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    I hope they update scanners to check for termites. *Wink

Edwin, May 27, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    It would create a whole new meaning to filing a "Bug Report"!!!

Cliff S, May 27, 2015
  7. Just avoid spruce and go with pine and you should be OK.

alphanumeric, May 27, 2015
  8. New CPUs made of wood promise cheaper, healthier, greener technology

Hmm, CPU could then stand for Cedar Processing Unit. You have to watch out for intensive binary tree search though. If the CPU overheats you end up with Ash.

New CPUs made of wood promise cheaper, healthier, greener technology [​IMG]

MilesAhead, May 27, 2015
  9. I'll wait for ones made with environmentally friendly synthetic wood.

alphanumeric, May 27, 2015
  10. labeeman Win User
    That is what they call plastic. LOL

labeeman, May 27, 2015
  11. labeeman Win User
    I think Ash trees are being endangered by a beetle infestation.

labeeman, May 27, 2015
  12. I never did like those fake retro Volkswagons with no bumpers.

MilesAhead, May 27, 2015
  13. linw Win User

Good for a businesses branch offices?

14. LEE
    Lee Win User
    . . .just wondering if anyone really thought this through before posting. . .they had to figure the jokes would come flying off keyboards, especially where on the 10s. . .*Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2

15. Yup. I wood say the puns are too tempting to leave unmade. *Smile

MilesAhead, May 28, 2015
Thema:

1. New CPUs made of wood promise cheaper, healthier, greener technology - Similar Threads - CPUs made wood

2. In which technology Paint is made?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In which technology Paint is made?: I'm a Paint fan. I love this piece of software, especially the new Windows 11 look. I am also a programmer, and I'm wondering in which technology Paint is made. Does anybody have information on this topic? I heard that it was developed using some .NET technology, but that is...
  3. In which technology Paint is made?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In which technology Paint is made?: I'm a Paint fan. I love this piece of software, especially the new Windows 11 look. I am also a programmer, and I'm wondering in which technology Paint is made. Does anybody have information on this topic? I heard that it was developed using some .NET technology, but that is...
  4. Is a 375 Cycle battery healthier?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is a 375 Cycle battery healthier?: Hi!I checked my battery report using cmd. It shows 375 battery cycles. Is a 375 Cycle battery healthier? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-a-375-cycle-battery-healthier/00d07590-62d0-48db-9d4d-758531c0e44f
  5. Is 375 a Cycle battery healthier?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is 375 a Cycle battery healthier?: Hi!I checked my battery report using cmd. It shows 375 battery cycles. Is 375 a Cycle battery healthier? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-375-a-cycle-battery-healthier/00d07590-62d0-48db-9d4d-758531c0e44f
  6. What's this? New un-promised UIFeature?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's this? New un-promised UIFeature?: [ATTACH] Quick Search Result shown irrespective of their position in MS Store. submitted by /u/Abhinisation [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hflmvb/whats_this_new_unpromised_uifeature/
  7. Cheaper Windows key?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cheaper Windows key?: Hello does one of you know a site where you can get a Windows 10 key for 64 bit at a very low price up to 5 €? Günstiger Windows key?
  8. Cheaper upgrade to Pro?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cheaper upgrade to Pro?: I just got a Surface Pro 6 and looking to install hyper-v for Docker, how can I upgrade to Pro for less than £119/$99? submitted by /u/timmillwood [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fifjsf/cheaper_upgrade_to_pro/
  9. New Intel Architectures and Technologies

in Windows 10 News
    New Intel Architectures and Technologies: At Intel’s recent Architecture Day, Raja Koduri, Intel’s senior vice president of Core and Visual Computing, outlined a strategic shift for the company’s design and engineering model. This shift combines a series of foundational building blocks that leverage a world-class...
  10. Microsoft + Made by Dyslexia Helping students thrive with technology

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft + Made by Dyslexia Helping students thrive with technology: reF-NtsvV9s It is estimated that one in five students has dyslexia, yet there are likely far more who have not yet been diagnosed in today’s classrooms. These students, who see the written word differently, are often mistakenly labeled as having a learning disability and,...