New CPUs made of wood promise cheaper, healthier, greener technology

Discus and support New CPUs made of wood promise cheaper, healthier, greener technology in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; How many of you have a pile of computers sitting in a closet because you can't throw them away, but you don't want to recycle the hazardous materials... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, May 27, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Source

:)

labeeman, May 27, 2015
  2. skylartreut-shaffer Win User

Blue Screens After New Hardware

So the the CPU is forsure bad? I just want to make sure it couldn’t be just a ram issue that made the errors. If the CPU could possibly be okay I would rather change the much cheaper ram versus the expensive CPU. But if it seems like the cpu is bad I’ll
    replace it. Thank you for the help!

skylartreut-shaffer, May 27, 2015
  3. Mick_H1 Win User
    Can the Maemo 5 in N900 be upgraded !

Part of the problem also being that the advances in hardware are being made at a phenomenal rate. The next Maemo/MeeGo device from Nokia will undoubtedly have a new CPU, GPU and other technology the isn't incorporated into the 900, so therefore eventually
    it will get left behind. The N900 may not have the required CPU/GPU instruction sets to run a fully fledged MeeGo, so It's going to be a mini version specifically designed for the handset.

It's a bit like trying to run PC software that's been specifically written for the MMX technology on a PC that doesn't have a CPU with that instruction set on board.

Mick_H1, May 27, 2015
  4. SaggyMaggyPoo Win User

Wonder if this could lead to a new line in ransomware -
    'Pay us or we will cause your machine to decompose' *chuckle

An interesting idea though.

SaggyMaggyPoo, May 27, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    I hope they update scanners to check for termites. *Wink

Edwin, May 27, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    It would create a whole new meaning to filing a "Bug Report"!!!

Cliff S, May 27, 2015
  7. alphanumeric New Member
    Just avoid spruce and go with pine and you should be OK.

alphanumeric, May 27, 2015
  8. MilesAhead Win User

Hmm, CPU could then stand for Cedar Processing Unit. You have to watch out for intensive binary tree search though. If the CPU overheats you end up with Ash.

New CPUs made of wood promise cheaper, healthier, greener technology [​IMG]

MilesAhead, May 27, 2015
  9. alphanumeric New Member
    I'll wait for ones made with environmentally friendly synthetic wood.

alphanumeric, May 27, 2015
  10. labeeman Win User
    That is what they call plastic. LOL

labeeman, May 27, 2015
  11. labeeman Win User
    I think Ash trees are being endangered by a beetle infestation.

labeeman, May 27, 2015
  12. MilesAhead Win User
    I never did like those fake retro Volkswagons with no bumpers.

MilesAhead, May 27, 2015
  13. linw Win User

Good for a businesses branch offices?

14. LEE
    Lee Win User
    . . .just wondering if anyone really thought this through before posting. . .they had to figure the jokes would come flying off keyboards, especially where on the 10s. . .*Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2

15. MilesAhead Win User
    Yup. I wood say the puns are too tempting to leave unmade. *Smile

MilesAhead, May 28, 2015
Thema:

1. New CPUs made of wood promise cheaper, healthier, greener technology - Similar Threads - CPUs made wood

2. AMD Athlon CPUs on W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Athlon CPUs on W10: I have a client who had an issue after upgrading W10. These are the specs: HP Pavilion p6754y Magnesium Gray Edition Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP®Â*Support We had a problem with performance. TM showed CPU usage was in the 90s. After a lot of working msconfig,...
  3. Does Windows 10 home support two physical CPUs?

Does Windows 10 home support two physical CPUs?: Hi, Does Windows 10 Home support two physical CPUs? Thanks 8841
  4. Windows 10 and future CPUs

Windows 10 and future CPUs: Hey all, Premise: So lately I've been reading up on articles (below) that detail Win 10 and old CPUs will no longer be compatible. I want to stay on Win 7 as long as possible as i think it's perfect for my needs, however my rig is long due for an update. My CPU, board, RAM...
  5. Latest Intel CPUs

Latest Intel CPUs: I love keeping up on the latest and greatest, and Intel is at it again! Say hello to the 10 core, 20 thread i7-6950x: http://ark.intel.com/products/94456/Intel-Core-i7-6950X-Processor-Extreme-Edition-25M-Cache-up-to-3_50-GHz Obviously between the fact that very few if any...
  6. Intel Announces Plans to Integrate Thunderbolt 3 into Future CPUs

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Announces Plans to Integrate Thunderbolt 3 into Future CPUs: Intel has a long history of leading the industry in I/O innovation. In the late 1990s, Intel developed USB, which made it easier and faster to connect external devices to computers, consolidating a multitude of existing connectors. Intel continues its I/O innovation...
  7. Intel CPUs Vulnerable to New 'BranchScope' Attack

in Windows 10 News
    Intel CPUs Vulnerable to New 'BranchScope' Attack: Researchers have discovered a new side-channel attack method that can be launched against devices with Intel processors, and the patches released in response to the Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities might not prevent these types of attacks. The new attack, dubbed...
  8. Intel X299 HEDT Platform With Kaby Lake X CPUs To Be Unveiled on 12th

in Windows 10 News
    Intel X299 HEDT Platform With Kaby Lake X CPUs To Be Unveiled on 12th: Intel just went into full gear for the launch of their next-generation X299 platform. The new platform will be launched next month and it looks like Intel is going unveil the chips at a grand event on 12th June. It’s Intel, Not AMD, who will be showcasing Next-Gen HEDT...
  9. AMD Zen-based CPUs and APUs will unify around Socket AM4

in Windows 10 News
    AMD Zen-based CPUs and APUs will unify around Socket AM4: AMD’s lifting a (very) wee bit more of the veil from its highly anticipated Zen CPU architecture, and it’s sending a message along with the information: “We hear you.” After years of shipping a legion of CPUs and APUs for a multitude of different motherboard sockets, AMD...
  10. Intel Delays Mass Production of 10 nm CPUs to 2019

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Delays Mass Production of 10 nm CPUs to 2019: Yeah, 7 nano-meters. Still wander what will happen when they hit 5nm barrier and how they think to stop leakage. New material(probably more expensive), or filling with a special gel to slow down/stop electrons, like in nuclear physics(power plants and bombs) used to slow...