Windows 10: New CPUs made of wood promise cheaper, healthier, greener technology

Discus and support New CPUs made of wood promise cheaper, healthier, greener technology in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; You guys are just a bunch of saps. *Tongue Maple yes, maple not. Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, May 27, 2015.

1. Cliff S New Member

New CPUs made of wood promise cheaper, healthier, greener technology

Maple yes, maple not.

Cliff S, May 29, 2015

2. Nah. Just a bunch of teaks. *Smile

MilesAhead, May 29, 2015
  3. Or you could file them down a bit or two. *Smile

MilesAhead, May 29, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Cliff S, May 29, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Silicon Valley will be moved to the Red Wood forest.

INTEL's new product line:Attachment 20236

Cliff S, May 29, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Attachment 20239
    Why stop at chips? Let's go the whole 9 yards*Biggrin.

Cliff S, May 29, 2015
  7. Yup. At some point the thing will have its basic use, such as a rowboat, parachute, whatever. But it will intrinsically have/be computer power. Like Maxwell Smart's shoe phone only with CPU and calculator/TV built in.

Edit: Along with wearables there will be bearables. *Smile

MilesAhead, May 29, 2015
  8. Edwin New Member

I like the idea! *Smile

New CPUs made of wood promise cheaper, healthier, greener technology [​IMG]

Edwin, May 29, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    That would look good in any German household... They just love the IKEA look!!!

Cliff S, May 29, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    A CPU out of wood? Huh? Play fetch with the dog!!!

What about the Branch Prediction?

Attachment 20242

Cliff S, May 29, 2015
  11. Edwin New Member
    LOL!

Edwin, May 29, 2015
  12. How about making it out of hemp? Then you could just smoke it at its end of life. *Wink

Yes, I know hemp doesn't get you high and CPUs aren't really alive.

fracking4oil, Jun 6, 2015
  13. Cliff S New Member

That would explain HIGH CPU usage.

Cliff S, Jun 6, 2015
  14. CountMike New Member
    Too many would be tempted to OC it too much so they get positive smoke test results.

CountMike, Jun 6, 2015
  15. Cliff S New Member
    My first wooden CPU
    Attachment 20936

After refinement and miniaturization
    Attachment 20937

Cliff S, Jun 6, 2015
Thema:

1. New CPUs made of wood promise cheaper, healthier, greener technology - Similar Threads - CPUs made wood

2. In which technology Paint is made?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In which technology Paint is made?: I'm a Paint fan. I love this piece of software, especially the new Windows 11 look. I am also a programmer, and I'm wondering in which technology Paint is made. Does anybody have information on this topic? I heard that it was developed using some .NET technology, but that is...
  3. In which technology Paint is made?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In which technology Paint is made?: I'm a Paint fan. I love this piece of software, especially the new Windows 11 look. I am also a programmer, and I'm wondering in which technology Paint is made. Does anybody have information on this topic? I heard that it was developed using some .NET technology, but that is...
  4. Is a 375 Cycle battery healthier?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is a 375 Cycle battery healthier?: Hi!I checked my battery report using cmd. It shows 375 battery cycles. Is a 375 Cycle battery healthier? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-a-375-cycle-battery-healthier/00d07590-62d0-48db-9d4d-758531c0e44f
  5. Is 375 a Cycle battery healthier?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is 375 a Cycle battery healthier?: Hi!I checked my battery report using cmd. It shows 375 battery cycles. Is 375 a Cycle battery healthier? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-375-a-cycle-battery-healthier/00d07590-62d0-48db-9d4d-758531c0e44f
  6. What's this? New un-promised UIFeature?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's this? New un-promised UIFeature?: [ATTACH] Quick Search Result shown irrespective of their position in MS Store. submitted by /u/Abhinisation [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hflmvb/whats_this_new_unpromised_uifeature/
  7. Cheaper Windows key?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cheaper Windows key?: Hello does one of you know a site where you can get a Windows 10 key for 64 bit at a very low price up to 5 €? Günstiger Windows key?
  8. Cheaper upgrade to Pro?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cheaper upgrade to Pro?: I just got a Surface Pro 6 and looking to install hyper-v for Docker, how can I upgrade to Pro for less than £119/$99? submitted by /u/timmillwood [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fifjsf/cheaper_upgrade_to_pro/
  9. New Intel Architectures and Technologies

in Windows 10 News
    New Intel Architectures and Technologies: At Intel’s recent Architecture Day, Raja Koduri, Intel’s senior vice president of Core and Visual Computing, outlined a strategic shift for the company’s design and engineering model. This shift combines a series of foundational building blocks that leverage a world-class...
  10. Microsoft + Made by Dyslexia Helping students thrive with technology

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft + Made by Dyslexia Helping students thrive with technology: reF-NtsvV9s It is estimated that one in five students has dyslexia, yet there are likely far more who have not yet been diagnosed in today’s classrooms. These students, who see the written word differently, are often mistakenly labeled as having a learning disability and,...