Windows 10: New CPUs made of wood promise cheaper, healthier, greener technology

Discus and support New CPUs made of wood promise cheaper, healthier, greener technology in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Hmm, why do I have the impression somebody out there wood try to convert a dinghy into a floating point unit? Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, May 27, 2015.

1. New CPUs made of wood promise cheaper, healthier, greener technology

Hmm, why do I have the impression somebody out there wood try to convert a dinghy into a floating point unit?

MilesAhead, Jun 6, 2015
  2. Cliff S New Member

Not a good idea.... It might teraFLOP over!!!!!

Cliff S, Jun 6, 2015
  3. CountMike New Member
    It wood heat sink !!

CountMike, Jun 6, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

New CPUs made of wood promise cheaper, healthier, greener technology

Attachment 20953eeeeee now that was bad!

Cliff S, Jun 6, 2015
  5. New CPUs made of wood promise cheaper, healthier, greener technology [​IMG]

MilesAhead, Jun 6, 2015
  6. Yeah. If it is a round bottom hull that could be one hell of a rounding error. *Wink

MilesAhead, Jun 6, 2015
  7. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Darn. . .This thread as gone to the wood pile. . .*Roflmao2

8. Cliff S New Member

A multi-core processor???
    Attachment 20970

Cliff S, Jun 6, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    Oh I know. I know! A micro-processor
    Attachment 20971

Cliff S, Jun 6, 2015
  10. PMSL! This thread is too funny! Literally laughing so much I nearly fell off my chair!

RamboMcMutNutts, Jun 7, 2015
  11. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Injecting a bit of realism unto this thread from an Engineers point of view.

Biological computing units have been speculated about for years -- a good example is The Human Brain -- so the idea of using natural substances is nothing new.

However the major flaws in using something like wood are -- it's non conducting (for neurons and anything else) and unlike The Human Brain it can't use an energy source which you have to have for any sort of computing device --biological or otherwise.

The other limitations of wood are rather obvious too.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jun 7, 2015
  12. Heh heh. If they make HD the same way in the future the file system will get splintered rather than fragmented.

MilesAhead, Jun 7, 2015
  13. New CPUs made of wood promise cheaper, healthier, greener technology

Is that allowed? I have to check with the forum's rulers.

Not to mention the mother board will be a real wooden board. Instead of silicone cleaner guys will be spraying Lemon Pledge onto it.

MilesAhead, Jun 7, 2015
  14. LEE
    Lee Win User
    *Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2 . . .Very funny stuff.

Thema:

1. New CPUs made of wood promise cheaper, healthier, greener technology - Similar Threads - CPUs made wood

2. In which technology Paint is made?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In which technology Paint is made?: I'm a Paint fan. I love this piece of software, especially the new Windows 11 look. I am also a programmer, and I'm wondering in which technology Paint is made. Does anybody have information on this topic? I heard that it was developed using some .NET technology, but that is...
  3. In which technology Paint is made?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In which technology Paint is made?: I'm a Paint fan. I love this piece of software, especially the new Windows 11 look. I am also a programmer, and I'm wondering in which technology Paint is made. Does anybody have information on this topic? I heard that it was developed using some .NET technology, but that is...
  4. Is a 375 Cycle battery healthier?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is a 375 Cycle battery healthier?: Hi!I checked my battery report using cmd. It shows 375 battery cycles. Is a 375 Cycle battery healthier? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-a-375-cycle-battery-healthier/00d07590-62d0-48db-9d4d-758531c0e44f
  5. Is 375 a Cycle battery healthier?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is 375 a Cycle battery healthier?: Hi!I checked my battery report using cmd. It shows 375 battery cycles. Is 375 a Cycle battery healthier? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-375-a-cycle-battery-healthier/00d07590-62d0-48db-9d4d-758531c0e44f
  6. What's this? New un-promised UIFeature?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's this? New un-promised UIFeature?: [ATTACH] Quick Search Result shown irrespective of their position in MS Store. submitted by /u/Abhinisation [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hflmvb/whats_this_new_unpromised_uifeature/
  7. Cheaper Windows key?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cheaper Windows key?: Hello does one of you know a site where you can get a Windows 10 key for 64 bit at a very low price up to 5 €? Günstiger Windows key?
  8. Cheaper upgrade to Pro?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cheaper upgrade to Pro?: I just got a Surface Pro 6 and looking to install hyper-v for Docker, how can I upgrade to Pro for less than £119/$99? submitted by /u/timmillwood [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fifjsf/cheaper_upgrade_to_pro/
  9. New Intel Architectures and Technologies

in Windows 10 News
    New Intel Architectures and Technologies: At Intel’s recent Architecture Day, Raja Koduri, Intel’s senior vice president of Core and Visual Computing, outlined a strategic shift for the company’s design and engineering model. This shift combines a series of foundational building blocks that leverage a world-class...
  10. Microsoft + Made by Dyslexia Helping students thrive with technology

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft + Made by Dyslexia Helping students thrive with technology: reF-NtsvV9s It is estimated that one in five students has dyslexia, yet there are likely far more who have not yet been diagnosed in today’s classrooms. These students, who see the written word differently, are often mistakenly labeled as having a learning disability and,...