Windows 10: ("New" critical battery alarm behavior) Is this a bug or by design?

Discus and support ("New" critical battery alarm behavior) Is this a bug or by design? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My Windows 10 laptop used to behave in a very typical manner when the battery power ran low: On 10% she notified me of low battery state; battery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RailroadHill0CholDuk, Aug 4, 2020.

1. ("New" critical battery alarm behavior) Is this a bug or by design?

My Windows 10 laptop used to behave in a very typical manner when the battery power ran low:

1. On 10% she notified me of low battery state; battery icon turned yellow
    2. On 7% she notified me of critical battery state; battery icon turned red
    3. On 5% she went to hibernation

The overall difference between 10% and 5% would give me enough time to plug her into AC power. So, in general, whenever she issued the 7% warning, I would plug her in immediately.

But after some kind of an update (?) or something (I don't know exactly what caused the change) #2 and #3 were changed. Here is the new behavior:

1. On 10% she notifies me of low battery state; battery icon turns yellow
    2. On 7% only her battery icon becomes red; no notification message pops up
    3. On 5% she issues the critical battery message and hibernates at once

Is this by design? As the same situation was explained here, I'm not sure whether if this is a bug or not.

As the control panel is still showing the default behavior regardless, now I have to keep my eyes on her battery icon, so when the battery hits 7% and the indicator turns red, I will need to connect her into a power outlet right at that moment.

submitted by /u/RailroadHill0CholDuk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RailroadHill0CholDuk, Aug 4, 2020

2. Alarm on low battery or critical level imminent is not working in windows 10

Folks the alarm or low battery or critical level imminent is not working in windows 10.

Where do I report this bug?

Original title: Where can I report windows 10 bugs

kevomac12_soul7man, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Possible bug (or a misunderstood feature) in the Alarm App?

Hi!

This happens on my both Phones which use Windows Phone 8.1. (Lumia 930 & Lumia 520): When I setup two alarms which should go off only in particular days of week, one alarm does not ring.

Steps to reproduce:

• On WindowsPhone 8.1, using an Alarm App
    • Setup an Alarm "Alarm1" to ring on Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun at 6:00
    • Setup another Alarm "Alarm2" to ring on Mon at 5:00
    • (The Alarms have been created and saved in this order. I did try to turn them off/on in randomly, seems not to influence the behavior.)
    Outcome:

The Alarm2 does not ring. (As it has not been setup at all).

Could this be a bug, or is it only a misunderstood/not clearly communicated feature of the Alarm App?

Mariskahime18, Aug 4, 2020
  4. ("New" critical battery alarm behavior) Is this a bug or by design?

low battery alarm

We suggest that you check if the low battery notification is turned
    on. Kindly follow these steps:

• On the search box, type Power Options to see the laptop's power plans.
    • Click on Change Plan Settings.
    • Click on the Change Advanced Power Settings.
    • Scroll down and look for Battery.
    • Expand it see Low battery notification, turn it on for both
      On battery and Plugged in.
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

("New" critical battery alarm behavior) Is this a bug or by design?

1. ("New" critical battery alarm behavior) Is this a bug or by design? - Similar Threads - critical battery alarm

2. Bugged Taskbar Behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bugged Taskbar Behavior: Hello everyoneI'm on windows 11 22H2 version.the hidden task bar behavior feature is totally bugged, whenever i hover with the mouse around the task bar area it doesn't reappear.it functions only when all the opened windows are minimized.This issue might sound trivial, but a...
  3. Bugged Taskbar Behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bugged Taskbar Behavior: Hello everyoneI'm on windows 11 22H2 version.the hidden task bar behavior feature is totally bugged, whenever i hover with the mouse around the task bar area it doesn't reappear.it functions only when all the opened windows are minimized.This issue might sound trivial, but a...
  4. Battery percentage alarm

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery percentage alarm: Hello, Is there a Windows inbuilt software that could warn me when the battery is fully charged and when the battery is getting too low. When I charge my battery, after it gets to 100%, I unplug my laptop somewhat after an hour and half; I don't notice that it's fully...
  5. low battery alarm does not sound

low battery alarm does not sound: Hello: I have Widows 10 on my HP laptop. The low battery 'alarm/warning' does not sound and computer shuts down. What can I do to fix this? Many thanks in advance....
  6. New update reintroduce low battery bug?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New update reintroduce low battery bug?: Hi all, Since updating a couple of days ago I've gotten what appears to be a bug that I would get before that went away after the previous update. My desktop is plugged into a UPS and I randomly get a "very low battery please plug in your PC" warning notification even though...
  7. Battery design capacity fluctuates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Battery design capacity fluctuates: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/derekamoss [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ffxalh/battery_design_capacity_fluctuates/
  8. Battery alarm

Battery alarm: I have the "low battery" alarm enabled. But this does not completely meet my needs. I use my laptop as a plugged-in desktop, and occasionally the power cord slips out of the power source. Is there a way in Win10 I can be alarmed when the power source is not connected?...
  9. Windows bug/stupid design or touchpad bug?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows bug/stupid design or touchpad bug?: There is a delay after typing before touch pad taps will register. Reproduce Go to Settings > Devices > Touchpad and set "Touchpad sensitivity" to anything other than "most sensitive" Find some text input field and place the pointer close to the beginning of a line so...
  10. Laptop Battery Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Battery Strange Behavior: Recently, I noticed a strange behavior in my laptop's battery. Whenever it is plugged it shows 100% charge but when I unplugged it, it went down to 0 and then computer shut down. I kept it unplugged and then restart the laptop. It started up despite all warnings about the...