Windows 10: New CU on RP Ring

Discus and support New CU on RP Ring in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I just checked for updates and this started downloading. [img] Results in build 168. [img] 122812 Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by DooGie, Dec 3, 2018.

1. DooGie Win User

New CU on RP Ring

I just checked for updates and this started downloading.

New CU on RP Ring [​IMG]

Results in build 168.

New CU on RP Ring [​IMG]

:)

DooGie, Dec 3, 2018
  2. cereberus Win User

KB4469342 Windows 10 Insider RP v1809 Build 17763.165 - Nov. 16

The fact it is not on the Slow Ring, only RP Ring strongly suggests Slow Ring users are about to move from 1809 to (my guess as iso is available) 18272, or possibly later.

It does seem as if there has been a shift in policy to issue CUs to RP first before going official. The RP Ring was always underused, but it always was supposed to act like the above.

However MS score another own goal in the Communication Stakes by not telling us what this upgrade is!

cereberus, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Johnny_55 Win User
    Insider Build 1809 Continuously Prompts Windows License Is Expiring Soon, yet, it's Active

Hello Jabeski,

So you are on the Preview Ring as Insider. Did this issue start with the last CU KB4469342 Nov 16 which would have brought you up to 17763.165? The CU for 17763.134 was on Nov. 13 from build 17763.107.

Suggest you report this in Feedback Hub so the engineers are aware of this as this was only for the RP Ring. You could try removing this CU and possibly KB4470788 Servicing Stack which was required for the CU.

Still does not explain why you couldn't install the Nvidia driver as I have that running on my Main system 17763.134 Release with Nvidia "416.94-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql" driver.

Johnny_55, Dec 3, 2018
  4. cereberus Win User

New CU on RP Ring

KB4469342 Windows 10 Insider RP v1809 Build 17763.165 - Nov. 16 Insider

That is how it should have been but MS rarely released CUs to RP first apart from final run in to build release. They seem to be actively following the intent now.

cereberus, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

New CU on RP Ring

1. New CU on RP Ring - Similar Threads - Ring

2. Why does the Windows 11 boot logo and progressive ring squished?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the Windows 11 boot logo and progressive ring squished?: Hello,Why is my Windows 11 boot logo and progressive ring squished?I am running Windows 11 23H2 Build Number 22631.3447 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-the-windows-11-boot-logo-and-progressive/2052d493-852f-4eb0-adfd-9de1d9ff146e
  3. Why does the Windows 11 boot logo and progressive ring squished?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does the Windows 11 boot logo and progressive ring squished?: Hello,Why is my Windows 11 boot logo and progressive ring squished?I am running Windows 11 23H2 Build Number 22631.3447 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-the-windows-11-boot-logo-and-progressive/2052d493-852f-4eb0-adfd-9de1d9ff146e
  4. Awful ringing sound playing on my laptop every few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Awful ringing sound playing on my laptop every few minutes: I keep hearing this Ringing sound on my laptop every few minutes or sometimes seconds. I have no idea what programs it could be since I basically tried exiting out of all software that manages sound Nvidia broadcast and voicemod along with discord and a bunch of other...
  5. Awful ringing sound playing on my laptop every few minutes

Awful ringing sound playing on my laptop every few minutes: I keep hearing this Ringing sound on my laptop every few minutes or sometimes seconds. I have no idea what programs it could be since I basically tried exiting out of all software that manages sound Nvidia broadcast and voicemod along with discord and a bunch of other...
  6. How to stop or turn off Random door bell ring sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop or turn off Random door bell ring sound: Running Windows 11 on new laptop and there's a constant Bing Bong sound every few minutes that will not stop even when watching' videos, listening to music, cruising the internet or even when idle! Tried everything I could find on Google and still happens. Turned off ALL...
  7. How to stop or turn off Random door bell ring sound

How to stop or turn off Random door bell ring sound: Running Windows 11 on new laptop and there's a constant Bing Bong sound every few minutes that will not stop even when watching' videos, listening to music, cruising the internet or even when idle! Tried everything I could find on Google and still happens. Turned off ALL...
  8. Intune - Windows Update Rings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intune - Windows Update Rings: We have multiple Windows Update Rings in Intune.They deployed to AAD groups and exclusions are set either via Filter or via exclusion groupsHowever, despite device being in the exclusion group and additionally excluded by Filter, the Update ring is applied and it shows a...
  9. Intune - Windows Update Rings

Intune - Windows Update Rings: We have multiple Windows Update Rings in Intune.They deployed to AAD groups and exclusions are set either via Filter or via exclusion groupsHowever, despite device being in the exclusion group and additionally excluded by Filter, the Update ring is applied and it shows a...
  10. random chime/ "bell ring"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    random chime/ "bell ring": i get a random chime sound on and off all day.it is like the AOL sound when you get mail but it does not have to do with aol because aol is closed when ithappensit will sound when a tab is closed or even when nothing is happeningI know it is the system because years ago this...