Windows 10: New Cumulative Update has Broken Copy Function?

Discus and support New Cumulative Update has Broken Copy Function? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Has anyone noticed that since the last cumulative update (last week) that the copy function is not working quite as well as it should? I'm having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gurn Blanston, Feb 28, 2021.

1. New Cumulative Update has Broken Copy Function?

Has anyone noticed that since the last cumulative update (last week) that the copy function is not working quite as well as it should? I'm having trouble copying folders from one drive to another, especially when multiple folders are selected. The copy will also stop dead about 2/3 of the way, and sit there for a half hour or so before picking up again.

This seems to have started after the CU was applied. I am using 20H2. Thoughts?

:)

Gurn Blanston, Feb 28, 2021
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Feb 28, 2021
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Feb 28, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

New Cumulative Update has Broken Copy Function?

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

New Cumulative Update has Broken Copy Function?

1. New Cumulative Update has Broken Copy Function? - Similar Threads - Cumulative Update has

2. Cumulative update broken KB5032190

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cumulative update broken KB5032190: Recently. With the below update, I have been experiencing where it reaches 25%, starts going in a small bootloop when it reaches 26% every time. Then starts rolling back, and just goes back to the current update.2023-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for...
  3. Cumulative update broken KB5032190

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cumulative update broken KB5032190: Recently. With the below update, I have been experiencing where it reaches 25%, starts going in a small bootloop when it reaches 26% every time. Then starts rolling back, and just goes back to the current update.2023-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for...
  4. Narrator functionality broken?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Narrator functionality broken?: I'm building a survey and as part of the process I'm using the narrator application to check my site is accessible. It's been a learning process and I know that my site isn't perfect.There is one thing however that is absolutely unacceptable. When Narrator is turned on I'm...
  5. Narrator functionality broken?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Narrator functionality broken?: I'm building a survey and as part of the process I'm using the narrator application to check my site is accessible. It's been a learning process and I know that my site isn't perfect.There is one thing however that is absolutely unacceptable. When Narrator is turned on I'm...
  6. copy function

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    copy function: the copy function is not working to copy a file to a flash or external drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-function/79ca9cbf-c010-4079-93ea-d38431a0e58b
  7. The new critical update has broken my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The new critical update has broken my laptop: Hi there, I have installed the latest critical update on my Toshiba Satellite C55-A-1N1 laptop running windows 10 and now it's thoroughly borked. I followed the steps on windows.com/stopcode as advised on the bluescreen but my laptop was unable to start in safe mode (It...
  8. New Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Cumulative Update: and all the rest became available today. Which leads me to suspect that the update to Windows 10 Version 1903 (so named because it is SUPPOSED to be released in the third month of the year 2019) will be along closer to June than previously hoped. Ah, well, the day these...
  9. copy function

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copy function: I cant activate the the copy function https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-function/7ff975af-8d68-4f89-86f9-5d785d308c86"
  10. Windows Hello function broken since update?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Hello function broken since update?: Does anyone have a solution to fix this since the creators update 1803 as now my finger scan is not accepted and choose to use a pin to log in is not available? [img] 110297