Windows 10: New Custom Build - BSOD within Games

Discus and support New Custom Build - BSOD within Games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, around a month ago I build a new PC for Gaming purpose. This is the hardware I chose: Fractal Design Define S Corsair CP-9020056-EU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Neunzehn, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Neunzehn Win User

New Custom Build - BSOD within Games

Hi all,

around a month ago I build a new PC for Gaming purpose.
    This is the hardware I chose:

Fractal Design Define S
    Corsair CP-9020056-EU RM850
    Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
    Intel Core i7-6700K Prozessor
    be quiet! BK019 Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU-Kühler
    Corsair CMK32GX4M4A2400C14 Vengeance LPX 32GB
    MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4G, 4GB GDDR5
    Samsung SSD 850 Evo 500GB
    Corsair K70 RGB, MX Brown, Gen2
    EVGA TORQ X10, carbon
    Asus VG248QE

After a fresh new install of Windows 10 I started gaming on Assassins Creed Unity. After a while I got BSODs stating IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (note: without the term DRIVER!). I first thought the game is just buggy, but I am getting these issues with AC Syndicate as well. So I started using benchmark tools like Furmark (3 hours) and Memtest (12 hours), but I did not get any BSODs. The next strange thing is that my BSODs never created dump files, I RARELY saw the BSOD message as the PC was just freezing and giving distorted sounds. I had a lot BSODs while gaming (every 30 minutes) and I only had two or three times the BSOD message. The message got stuck at 0% when stating that dump files will be generated. I checked after each crash, there were no dump files.
    When I was forcing a BSOD using testing tools I saw my Windows generating the dump files, so I was sure windows would have generated them if possible. However, after testing with benchmarks and all, I decided to reformat my SSD and install a fresh new Windows 10 and only drivers as well as AC Syndicate. I left the game running a few hours and had no issues. A few days later the BSODs came back, but not in the same frequency, it was better but still not good.
    However, I heard the new Skylake Processors encountering a bugcheck when calculating primes, so I waited for a BIOS update. I applied the update version 1104 from here: ASUS USA

Today I had the chance to test if it was changing something. I had hope it would fix the Skylake issue and I thought that may be the reason why my PC was freezing, however I encountered another BSOD - but this time, it was another message and Windows finally did generate some dump files!

UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

I saved the MEMORY.DMP file from C:\WINDOWS as well, it is around 1 GB.
    Howver, please find the ZIP attached generated from dm_log_collector.exe: Attachment 61772
    I hope you will be able to help me out...

Cheers,

PS:
    Just realized there is an update 1105 for my BIOS, will test and let you know in a while...

:)

Neunzehn, Jan 30, 2016
  2. GJ 1000 Win User

Windows 10 freeze: Event ID 6008

The computer is a custom build, with an ASUS STRIX Z270F motherboard. I've uploaded the reports you requested

Since i originally posted, i've had another crash during gaming, but this time it came with a BSOD, (IRQ_NOT_LESS_THAN_EQUAL)

GJ 1000, Jan 30, 2016
  3. Tails981 Win User
    New PC, keeps BSODing.

Hey friends. I have been having a very awful weekend with my new custom homebuilt PC. I bought all of the hardware from reputable dealers and have had few hardware issues so far but have been repeatedly having the same BSOD within minutes of loading up any
    kind of game. System_Service_exception has been the main issue, with IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal appearing two or so times and Unexpected_Kernal_Mode_Trap popping up once. I am still relatively new to the world of PC building, so any and all assistance would be
    greatly appreciated.

Here are my specs:

Asus ROG Strix Z370 E-Gaming Motherboard

Intel i7-8700k 3.7GHz

GigaByte GeForce GTX 1060-6GB

2x HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 2400MHz DRAM

Seagate BarraCuda 3TB 64MB Cache Sata 6.0GB/s HDD

950Watt SIlent Gaming 14CM Fan 12V

Please help!

Tails981, Jan 30, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

You have to remove all pirated stuff on your system before we can start troubleshooting.
    Forum rules

5. Neunzehn Win User
    What exactly is pirated? My windows license is legal, my AC license is legal as well..

Neunzehn, Jan 31, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    If your system wasn't genuine I would have mentioned that like in this post *Wink

7. Neunzehn Win User
    I'm sorry, I am not sure what exactly you request me to remove from my system...

Neunzehn, Jan 31, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

The stuff you have illegal, looking at the install date I doubt you don't know what I mean.

9. Neunzehn Win User
    I checked Programs and Features and uninstalled all apps I dont know. As a friend of mine is usually reformatting my PC I am really not aware if there is anything else you need me to remove. Please check: Attachment 61933

Neunzehn, Jan 31, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    The crack program is now removed (KMSpico), but the service remains on your system meaning Office is cracked.

You should ask your friend what he has cracked, until all cracks and related software has been removed we won't provide support.

11. Neunzehn Win User
    Done as requested: Attachment 62022
    I got a license for office, I dont know why he didnt use it...
    Anything else need to be removed?

Neunzehn, Feb 1, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    Not that I'm aware of, have you asked your friend for it?

It seems there are many attempts for moving memory to the disk, however there is no driver being marked as a possible cause.
    Checking the unloaded drivers we can see a driver from Corsair is there, the others are Windows drivers what makes them irrelevant. The driver names in the unloaded modules list has been cutt of which is why the names might be incomplete
    Because the Corsair driver is in this list I can't check its date in the dump, fortunately there is a drivers.txt file where all drivers with additional data are present.
    Please check Corsair for driver updates for the device(s)
    Driver Reference Table - CorsairVHidDriver.sys
    Code: 06.05.2015 15:10:41[/quote] Code: Unloaded modules: fffff800`82fb0000 fffff800`82fbf000 hiber_storpo fffff800`82fc0000 fffff800`82fe5000 hiber_storah fffff800`82ff0000 fffff800`8300c000 hiber_dumpfv fffff800`81af0000 fffff800`81af9000 CorsairVHidD fffff800`82ec0000 fffff800`82eef000 tunnel.sys fffff800`7fb10000 fffff800`7fb1f000 dump_storpor fffff800`7fb50000 fffff800`7fb75000 dump_storahc fffff800`7fba0000 fffff800`7fbbc000 dump_dumpfve fffff800`804e0000 fffff800`804f3000 dam.sys fffff800`7fbc0000 fffff800`7fbf1000 cdrom.sys fffff800`7ecc0000 fffff800`7ecd0000 WdBoot.sys fffff800`7fa30000 fffff800`7fa3e000 hwpolicy.sys[/quote]

13. Neunzehn Win User

My friend is on vacation and will be back next week, will let you know once I get a response.
    As there is no new driver for my keyboard, I uninstalled the driver to exclude it for being the reason of my BSODs.
    Please note the refreshed logfile attached. I will start testing now and let you know if my PC freezes.
    As you may see, yesterday evening I had multiple crashed without dump files generated again....

Neunzehn, Feb 1, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    A new zip isn't needed until another crash occurs.

15. Neunzehn Win User
    Makes sense... here we go, just had another crash.

Neunzehn, Feb 1, 2016
Thema:

1. New Custom Build - BSOD within Games - Similar Threads - Custom Build BSOD

2. Ongoing BSOD in custom build, irql_not_less_or_equal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ongoing BSOD in custom build, irql_not_less_or_equal: I have the occasional irql bsod that happens every few computer sessions, sometimes weeks apart. This time it was irql_not_less_or_equal , atikmdag.sys. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Windows version 1909 (18363.657) 151452
  3. Ongoing BSOD issues in custom build

Ongoing BSOD issues in custom build: My build has had a long-term BSOD issue that pops up every few weeks/months. The .zip I've uploaded (kmode_exception_not_handled) is the most recent one I could capture, but I also frequently get IRQL_not_less_or equal, kernel_security_check_failure and the occasional...
  4. New build, dx11 crashes in games and BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New build, dx11 crashes in games and BSOD: Brand new parts, everything brand new. boots fine, stays on all night, passes several gpu benchmark tests with flying colors. just testing on FFxiv atm, plays great, randomly crashes with a common dx11 crash code, running in dx9 BSOD's my pc, and occasionally the dx11 one...
  5. BSOD On New Build

BSOD On New Build: Hi guys, Can anyone please help me? I've literally wasted so much time trying to identify why my system sometimes goes many hours fine, and on some days it BSOD's... mostly when using Adobe applications. Machine: i9 7940 X Stock 32GB HyperX Predator (MemTest run for 24...
  6. Different BSODs on Custom Build

Different BSODs on Custom Build: Hi guys, I've been intermittently having this problem, usually occurring when I'm playing a video game. I get the machine check exception as well as driver_irql_not_less_or_equal. The machine check exception happens more often though. My specs are: i5-6600k (I brought it...
  7. New build, new Windows install - BSOD when playing games

New build, new Windows install - BSOD when playing games: Attachment 127098 I just rebuilt this machine with new Motherboard/CPU, RAM, and Graphics card, and I get several errors. I've hammered out most of them, but the one that continues to plague me is the IRQL_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL. I have a feeling that it has to do with the...
  8. BSOD on New Build

BSOD on New Build: Hi All, I hate my first post to be a problem but I've run out of ideas. I recently built a new PC for work, so no gaming. I've had around 10 BSOD's a day and can't pin it down to one of my actions. It can be while browsing, using Office or Remote desktop. It even BSOD...
  9. BSOD on custom build

BSOD on custom build: Hello, Ever since yesterday in mid afternoon, my computer will not load Resolume despite it working most of the day prior. Each time I run the program, it shuts down before it can even open fully. The system says that an error has occurred and that Windows will update me...
  10. New Custom Build - PC freezing within Games

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New Custom Build - PC freezing within Games: Hi all, my new custom desktop build is around one month old now. I am experiencing issues while gaming, for example AC Syndicate. Sometimes I get an BSOD, but thats very rare. Also, the BSOD is freezing as well, so Windows is not even generating dump files. It only...