Windows 10: New Custom Build - PC freezing within Games

Discus and support New Custom Build - PC freezing within Games in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all, my new custom desktop build is around one month old now. I am experiencing issues while gaming, for example AC Syndicate. Sometimes I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Neunzehn, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Neunzehn Win User

New Custom Build - PC freezing within Games

Hi all,

my new custom desktop build is around one month old now.
    I am experiencing issues while gaming, for example AC Syndicate.
    Sometimes I get an BSOD, but thats very rare. Also, the BSOD is freezing as well, so Windows is not even generating dump files. It only happened one time. That one time I collected the dumps to start a thread here: New Custom Build - BSOD within Games - Windows 10 Forums

But as BSOD crash analyst axe0 said, without dumps we cant analyze anything...
    What has been done?
    - Reformatted PC, then I thought the issue is solved, but it came back...
    - All non-microsoft services are disabled
    - All startup entries are disabled
    - Memtest ran around 12 hours, no issues
    - Used HWMonitor to check temperature while gaming and freezing, no heat issue detected.
    - Ran Furmark around 3 hours, no freezes...
    - Replaced GPU, no changes...
    - BIOS is up2date, but there is a new BIOS which I tried to install, but BIOS said "cannot read file"
    --> ASUS USA

--> Currently running on v1104, published on 2016/01/14
    --> most up2date BIOS is v1105, published on 2016/01/20 - not able to install it

Any ideas?

Cheers,

:)

Neunzehn, Feb 4, 2016
  2. Peapods1 Win User

Anniversary Update Freezes During Installation!

I have a custom Gaming PC build with Windows 10 (Home) installed as new from the retail box. My Windows build is 1511 64bit OS x64.

I have tried three times to install the Anniversary update. Download is no problem, then it 'Configures' the updates for about ten minutes. It then asks me to 'Restart' which I do.

After the Restart, the message says 'Working On Updates'. It gets to 23% and then just stops/freezes! The little white dots that move in a circle just freeze. My SSD activity light is permanently On, not blinking. I left it for two hours - nothing!

I have to do a hard re-boot and the system always rolls back to the previous Windows 10 build (1511). I get no error messages or codes. Just the freeze at 23% during installation.

What could be the solution please?

Peapods1, Feb 4, 2016
  3. Constant pc freezes

Added the new info to my One drive about my pc, frequent freezing while playing games or operating pc since Anniversary update. Want to know if I should revert back to a former build or not.

OneDrive

Ty for the help

DanielOrtega18, Feb 4, 2016
  4. Neunzehn Win User

Update: was able to install v1105 now, still experiencing freezes *Sad

Neunzehn, Feb 5, 2016
  5. Neunzehn Win User
    I started replacing each hardware piece one by one - after mainboard and ram replacement, issue got resolved. thanks anyway...

Neunzehn, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. New Custom Build - PC freezing within Games - Similar Threads - Custom Build freezing

2. Custom PC Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom PC Freezing: Hello,I recently built a custom PC and have been having substantial difficulty running it. I have loaded a USB with windows 10 installation media and necessary drivers. When I boot from the USB, I find that the computer freezes almost instantaneously. However, if I force...
  3. Custom PC Freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom PC Freezing: Hello,I recently built a custom PC and have been having substantial difficulty running it. I have loaded a USB with windows 10 installation media and necessary drivers. When I boot from the USB, I find that the computer freezes almost instantaneously. However, if I force...
  4. Custom PC Freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. New build freezing

in Windows 10 Support
    New build freezing: Within the past month, I put together a new desktop with the following components: CPU - Intel i7 10700K Mobo: Asus Prime B460M-A Ram: Corsair Vengence LPX DDR4 (2 x 8Gb) SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus The power supply and everything else was from previous build. On two occasions,...
  6. Custom PC building and Legality

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Custom PC building and Legality: Hi, so I'm planning to build a gaming PC for my classmate using Windows 10 Home, and I need some help with parts, namely a legal motherboard and OS, so my friend and I don't get into legal trouble. Please note that I am NOT partnered with Microsoft and that I am only a High...
  7. Building a New Gaming PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Building a New Gaming PC: Trying to install Windows 10 on new gaming PC. I created a bootable Windows 10 USB drive off of my Mac and believe I followed all setup correctly. But keep getting a "Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device" I have tried to follow all different types of troubleshooting and...
  8. Brand new PC build keeps freezing?

Brand new PC build keeps freezing?: Hi, I recently upgraded my PC and installed the latest version of Windows 10. However, I've been experiencing issues where the PC will occasionally freeze temporarily and the CPU speed will spike to 4.7 GHz. I'm just on my Desktop with a couple of programs open, usually Task...
  9. New Custom Build - BSOD within Games

New Custom Build - BSOD within Games: Hi all, around a month ago I build a new PC for Gaming purpose. This is the hardware I chose: Fractal Design Define S Corsair CP-9020056-EU RM850 Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Intel Core i7-6700K Prozessor be quiet! BK019 Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU-Kühler Corsair...
  10. New PC build - Constantly freezing

in Windows 10 Support
    New PC build - Constantly freezing: Hello guys, I've just build my first PC and it has been working fine for a week. Although I didn't install a graphics card, I installed some games (League of Legends and GTA V ) just to see the perfomance without a GPU, and it was surprising well, also the CPU temperature...