Windows 10: New custom built PC keeps getting a BSOD of MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

Discus and support New custom built PC keeps getting a BSOD of MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; At Christmas I built a brand new PC. Over time I keep getting a BSOD of MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION. At first it was only happening ever so often, but now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pcroke, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Pcroke Win User

New custom built PC keeps getting a BSOD of MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

At Christmas I built a brand new PC. Over time I keep getting a BSOD of MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION. At first it was only happening ever so often, but now I blue screen multiple times a day. Same Error.

Below are my specs and screen shots of the errors I am getting. I am stuck at work all day so I am unable to troubleshoot at the moment. Posting here in hopes that someone else has gone through a similar problem.

Cheers!

SPECS:

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i PRO 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON AC ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB 2 x 16 GB DDR4-3600 Memory

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Storage 2: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

Video Card: Zotac GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB GAMING AMP Video Card

Case: NZXT H510i ATX Mid Tower Case With NZXT CAM

Power Supply: Corsair RMx 2018 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

ERROR messages:

https://imgur.com/gallery/hZd359z

:)

Pcroke, Jan 31, 2020

2. MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSODS error

Hi Danicela,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand that you are getting the error MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSODS be rest assured, we are happy to help you.

Appreciate you for trying to fix the issue by yourself.

There area lot of CPU functions that are disabled in safe mode ( You may use your favorite search engine and perform a search). Let's follow the steps below and try resolving the issue.

First run the hardware and device troubleshooter and check.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Click view all in the left panel.

• Select ‘Hardware and devices' and follow the on-screen instructions.
    I suggest you to contact your manufacturer and update the BIOS. Machine Check Exception is related to the BIOS. After BIOS is updated, it should be fine.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jan 31, 2020
  3. a_ump Win User
    MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION bsod

well i recently built my friend a computer with the following specs

Athlon II x2 250(3ghz),
    g.skill 4gb 2x2gb ddr2 1066,
    Biostar TA790GX XE AM2+/AM3
    OCZ modxstrem Pro 600w

now we put it together no problem, it boots up fine every time. The problem we're having is that i insert the windows vista installation disc and it starts to load but every single time it gets to the end of the loading bar there's bout 2 sec where the screen is blackish n then a BSOD stating this

MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

now i googled this real quick as i have to go to work and what i found out is that this is usually due to a hardware issue. But wouldn't there be other side affects? i have to go to work but any comments will be greatly appreciated. be back at 9.

a_ump, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Ozpa Win User

[help] PC keeps restarting

Still getting MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSODs *Frown New custom built PC keeps getting a BSOD of MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION :(

Thema:

1. New custom built PC keeps getting a BSOD of MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION - Similar Threads - custom built keeps

2. Custom built PC BSOD very intermittent

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Custom built PC BSOD very intermittent: Hello everyone, I'm back again with another BSOD issue. I have a little low powered custom built PC I made for a friend, which has been working well for a long time (about a year), but recently has stated bluescreening. Sometimes the PC will boot fine and work for days,...
  3. new PC keep getting BSOD

new PC keep getting BSOD: Hi, I've just getting my new PC for around half a month and since last week it started to getting BSOD issue with different error code. I've tried windows update/driver update but nothing helps. here's the drive link for DMP files....
  4. Machine_check_exception BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Machine_check_exception BSOD: Hi guys, So I recently just reinstalled Windows 10 because of driver issues but now I'm getting Machine_check_exception BSOD. I googled for solutions and read the minidumps via bluescreenview and apparently it's caused by hal.dll+49b91. Can anyone help with this error? I...
  5. MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSOD with new PC

MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSOD with new PC: Dear community, I have self-built a new PC in January and I struggle for 2 months now to make it work properly due to permanent BSOD which are mostly "MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION". I am playing various games from Epic Games Steam or Origin platforms but also some standalone...
  6. New custom built PC keeps getting a BSOD: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New custom built PC keeps getting a BSOD: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION: Around mid-January, I built my first PC with the help of my friend who assisted me. I didn't start getting BSOD of Machine_Check_Exception but now recently I've been getting them out of the blue even when I'm working on final projects. Today I got it 3 times less than an hour...
  7. New built custom PC random BSOD woes

New built custom PC random BSOD woes: Please find attached ZIP of the errors I have tried to update drivers through Driver Booster etc without any success. Random crashes in games and just general your expert help would be greatly appreciated! the computer was working well for a few months before these issues...
  8. bsod machine_check_exception

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bsod machine_check_exception: hi there, i have been having an issue for some time where i will occasionally be blue screened while in chrome, most often while watching a video in full screen, but not always. the error i am always given is the Machine Check exception, and when i look a the bluescreen...
  9. New built PC gets BSOD often

New built PC gets BSOD often: Not sure why but the PC I just built is getting the BSOD quite often with 2 different error codes. WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR and one other but it is more rare so I forget what it states. Here are the system specs ASUS Prime Z390-A LGA 1151 (300 Series) Mobo ASUS ROG Strix...
  10. Machine_Check_Exception BSOD on new laptop

Machine_Check_Exception BSOD on new laptop: So far I've gotten it twice. Before I go through the work of returning and getting a new one I'm hoping it's an easy fix. Attachment 51968 32643