Windows 10: New custom PC - Installed windows 11, ran fine for a few hours then got BSOD “inaccessible...

Discus and support New custom PC - Installed windows 11, ran fine for a few hours then got BSOD “inaccessible... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Basically the title. It doesn’t run windows and when I do all the troubleshooting, it can’t self repair and there’s no way to reset or revert to an old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nick Pflederer, Jan 21, 2023.

1. New custom PC - Installed windows 11, ran fine for a few hours then got BSOD “inaccessible...

Basically the title. It doesn’t run windows and when I do all the troubleshooting, it can’t self repair and there’s no way to reset or revert to an old version.Is there a chance something is off in the BIOS? So far my google searching hasn’t given me an effective answer.Even when I try to reinstall Windows with my USB I don’t have an option to pick the SSD to overwrite windows. The odd thing is, the BIOS still recognizes the SSD, so I don’t think it’s damaged or anything. Any suggestions?

:)

Nick Pflederer, Jan 21, 2023

2. Windows 11 BSOD Inaccessible boot device

Hi PG. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, here to help you.

Here is how to fix Inaccessible Boot Device:

https://www.technewstoday.com/inaccessible-boot...

https://nerdschalk.com/stop-code-inaccessible-b...

https://www.technewstoday.com/inaccessible-boot...

https://thegeekpage.com/solved-inaccessible_boo...

https://helpdeskgeek.com/help-desk/how-to-fix-a...

https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/fix-inacces...

Have you considered doing a Clean Install of Windows 11? This would give the opportunity to wipe the drive of all partitions to get it cleanest down to the boot level.

The best Clean Install is here:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-do-clean-ins...

To create bootable Windows 11 installation media follow the steps under the section to Create Installation media in link Before you Start here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-downlo...

Power on the PC while pressing the BIOS Boot menu key given here:

https://www.sysnative.com/forums/hardware-tutor...

Make sure during the booted install to unplug all other drives, boot the media as a UEFI Device, choose Custom Install, delete all partitions down to Unallocated Space to get it cleanest, choose the Unallocated Space, click Next to auto-create and -format the needed partitions and begin install - this makes it foolproof.

After install expedite all Windows Updates including Optional until no more are offered. Then import any drivers from the PC maker's Support Downloads web page for your model that are newer, or branded instead of generic. The most basic thing we need to learn to maintain a PC is how to keep the latest manufacturer's drivers current. Windows drivers are rarely enough.

Make it a diagnostic install by monitoring for the issue after you reinstall each app, Update, settings or any modifications. Have System Restore points set so you can roll back before the change that causes this, if you isolate it.

If you want me to look over your disk configuration to see if I spot anything (about half the time in thousands that I've read) post a screenshot of Disk Management, which I read like a doctor reads X-rays. Follow the steps here so I can see everything needed to advise you: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/foru...

Report back results for each step so I know what else to suggest.

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Veteran MVP - Volunteer Moderator, Jan 21, 2023
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 21, 2023
  4. p_one Win User

New custom PC - Installed windows 11, ran fine for a few hours then got BSOD “inaccessible...

Windows 11 BSOD - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

I recently updated my PC from Windows 10 to Windows 11. The PC itself is about 3 years old but has been upgraded with new components about 18 months ago.

Throughout this entire time, I ran Windows 10 without issue - no crashes and no BSODs.

Since updating to Windows 11 about a month ago, I am encountering BSODs fairly regularly. The most common stopcode I see is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. It occurs mainly when playing certain 3D games.

One 3D modelling program in particular encounters it nearly every time - within 2-3 minutes of loading it the system locks up for about 30 seconds and I get a BSOD with the above stopcode, then the system reboots. I ran this program for hours at a time with no issue in Windows 10.

I am monitoring my system and GPU temps while running these programs as I thought it was an overheating issue, but the temps are stable. And the system ran fine for years under Windows 10 no matter what.

Other demanding games and 3D modelling programs can also run for hours under this installation of Windows 11 with no problem. I can run a CPU stress test using AID64 Extreme with no overheating or throttling.

Since encountering this issue, I've tried the following:

• Updating Nvidia Drivers for GPU (as at 8 Feb 2022)
    • Installing latest Windows 11 update (as at 8 Feb 2022)
    • Updated ASUS motherboard drivers (wifi, bluetooth, chipset, etc)
    • Ran sfc /scannow - Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
    • Checked SSD firmware updates - all good.
    • Ran Windows Memory Diagnostic - all good.
    • Ran Error Checking Tool on my SSD (This PC > C > Properties > Tools > Error checking). No errors found.
    Any help would be appreciated!

p_one, Jan 21, 2023
Thema:

New custom PC - Installed windows 11, ran fine for a few hours then got BSOD “inaccessible...

1. New custom PC - Installed windows 11, ran fine for a few hours then got BSOD “inaccessible... - Similar Threads - custom Installed ran

2. Custom install and new Install windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom install and new Install windows 11: Has anyone got any views.I have been working with Microsoft for a while in Indexing and other issues ever since I upgraded from 10 to 11. it was working okay but with recent updates now I am on windows 11 version 23H2, got a few issues like no sound and I note a lot of web...
  3. Windows 11 works just fine unless I leave the pc alone for a few hours. Then the desktop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 works just fine unless I leave the pc alone for a few hours. Then the desktop...: Windows 11 works just fine unless I leave the pc powered on and Windows open alone for a few hours. Then the desktop icons do not respond to a click and the square around the icons that usually appears as the mouse moves over the icon, does not show when I move the mouse over...
  4. Windows 11 works just fine unless I leave the pc alone for a few hours. Then the desktop...

Windows 11 works just fine unless I leave the pc alone for a few hours. Then the desktop...: Windows 11 works just fine unless I leave the pc powered on and Windows open alone for a few hours. Then the desktop icons do not respond to a click and the square around the icons that usually appears as the mouse moves over the icon, does not show when I move the mouse over...
  5. BSOD every few hours with new set of RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD every few hours with new set of RAM: Hi!I recently got another identical set of DDR5 RAM sticks for my system and they are now causing a BSOD with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE stated as the cause. This happens every few hours, but as far as I can tell, there is no regularity to it. However, all the minidump files...
  6. BSOD every few hours with new set of RAM

BSOD every few hours with new set of RAM: Hi!I recently got another identical set of DDR5 RAM sticks for my system and they are now causing a BSOD with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE stated as the cause. This happens every few hours, but as far as I can tell, there is no regularity to it. However, all the minidump files...
  7. New custom PC - Installed windows 11, ran fine for a few hours then got BSOD “inaccessible...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New custom PC - Installed windows 11, ran fine for a few hours then got BSOD “inaccessible...: Basically the title. It doesn’t run windows and when I do all the troubleshooting, it can’t self repair and there’s no way to reset or revert to an old version.Is there a chance something is off in the BIOS? So far my google searching hasn’t given me an effective answer.Even...
  8. BSODs Every Few Hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs Every Few Hours: Hello, my laptop has been having various BSODs throughout this year. In a day it can restart once every two hours. The most common errors are memory management, unexpected store exception, kernel data inpage error, critical process died, bad system config info and invalid...
  9. BSOD every few hours

BSOD every few hours: Hello Community, i'm pretty well tech educated but i am running into some issues with a pc built for my uncle that is experiencing frequent blue screens of death. But we are having issues figuring out which hardware component or driver is failing. The Error/BSOD:...
  10. 2 bsod in a few hours after formating pc and installing everything -

2 bsod in a few hours after formating pc and installing everything -: Hello. Just finished installing windows 10 and all my drivers and software an hour ago . I had 2 bsod . both times the error was CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION i will upload the dump . Thanks. 73265