Windows 10: New default Windows "sound" since 2004 upgrade - Device Connect

Discus and support New default Windows "sound" since 2004 upgrade - Device Connect in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I am away from the computer for an extended time, I leave the computer like this... DELL monitor OFF Firefox browser open but minimized... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ghot, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Ghot Win User

New default Windows "sound" since 2004 upgrade - Device Connect

When I am away from the computer for an extended time, I leave the computer like this...

DELL monitor OFF
    Firefox browser open but minimized
    "Persistent Windows" (program) running
    No sleep or hibernate, except...
    ....Turn off HDD after 120 minutes
    ....USB Selective suspend (enabled)

So, about 7:30pm EST, I took old man nap. Woke up about 10:15pm. Turned monitor ON, and got...
    Windows "Device Connect" sound.

It takes the monitor about 2-3 seconds to "get" an image, so if there is any visual indication related to the Devie Connect sound, I can see it.
    This only started since Win 10 2004 upgrade. ONLY happens in scenario described above.

No USB flash or external HDD hooked to computer.

ONLY things hooked to comp...

1. Klipsch Pro Media speakers
    2. HDMI from vid card to TV (off)
    3. DP from vid card to DELL monitor
    4. Ethernet cable (modem to comp)
    5. USB keyboard and mouse (neither have 3rd party drivers)

:)

2. Jomel Ber Win User

Sound Quality / Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi J,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to troubleshoot sound issues after upgrading to Windows 10:

• Right-click the sound icon in the taskbar located at the bottom right of the screen and select
      Playback Devices.
    • Select the current playback device in use and by default it should be the
      Speakers
      . Double-click on it to open its Properties window.
    • Got to Advanced tab and change the bit rate to either of the following: 24bit/44100 Hz or 24bit/192000Hz. Depending on the speaker configuration.
    If that won't work, follow these steps on how to scan for hardware changes:

• Go to Start menu, search for Device Manager and click it.
    • Expand Sound and audio devices.
    • Right-click on the current sound driver and choose Uninstall.
    • Click on Scan for hardware changes and the updated driver will be automatically installed.

If the issue still persists, we suggest that you download the latest sound card drivers for Windows 10 from your PC's manufacturer website.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Jul 30, 2020
  3. I2Believe Win User
    Sony Sound Forge 7 won't open since Windows 10 upgrade

Tried to open my registered Sony Sound Forge 7 software program today and realized that since Windows 10 upgrade, like some other software programs affected, this one won't open.

(1) Tried some of the suggestions in regedit but didn't see all of the Sony entries listed in the steps

(2) Tried opening with "run as administrator" - didn't work.

Any suggestions?

I2Believe, Jul 30, 2020
  4. New default Windows "sound" since 2004 upgrade - Device Connect

Unable to access audio from speakers and headphones by setting the devices as a default on Windows 10

Hi Mitch,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing audio from headphones, speaker on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have installed all the pending updates for drivers on your device?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted drivers/ settings to access Default device.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to connect the headphones, set the device as a default device and check if it helps

Follow the steps:

• Right click on the sound icon at the bottom right corner of the
      Taskbar.
    • Click on Playback devices.
    • Check if you are able to find the icon headphone in the list of connected playback devices.
    • If yes, click on the icon and then click on Set default
      option.
    • Click on Apply and then on OK.

Step 3: I suggest you to find the audio drivers from Device Manager, update them and check if it helps.

Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager, right click on the audio drivers and click on
    Update driver software.

For better assistance refer: Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Try the above and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

New default Windows "sound" since 2004 upgrade - Device Connect

1. New default Windows "sound" since 2004 upgrade - Device Connect - Similar Threads - default sound since

2. Problem on Sounds It cant pick a default device when there's other device connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem on Sounds It cant pick a default device when there's other device connected: My pnp usb sound device and Realtek audio speaker keep on switching even the microphones as well. I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling each device driver on device manager but none of them work, and I also tried connecting a bluetooth eaphones and speaker and I...
  3. Stop windows changing default sound devices when a new device is connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stop windows changing default sound devices when a new device is connected: Firstly. Regarding Administrators / Moderators. Do not interfere with this thread, especially since most of you never bother to read the questions properly or provide relavent solutions. This threadshould not have been closed. Smittychat. Did not bother to read the question...
  4. Have to login to everything since 2004 upgrade.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Have to login to everything since 2004 upgrade.: Hi, Ever since the 2004 upgrade, when I log on to my computer I have had to login to everything! One drive account, live mail account, Gmail account, (interestingly, not my yahoo account) YouTube account, Quicken and a whole lot of other programs and web sites. Before 2004 I...
  5. Have to login to everything since 2004 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Support
    Have to login to everything since 2004 upgrade.: Hi, Ever since the 2004 upgrade, when I log on to my computer I have had to login to everything! One drive account, live mail account, Gmail account, (interestingly, not my yahoo account) YouTube account, Quicken and a whole lot of other programs and web sites. Before 2004 I...
  6. Low sound volume after windows upgrade 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low sound volume after windows upgrade 2004: Hello! So i upgraded my PC from 1909 to 2004. The update process took 30-40 mins on my machine and everything went smooth. The only thing which i have noticed is my sound volume. I didn't change anything but the audio is lower compared to 1909. Specs: i7 4790k, MSI Z97 SLI...
  7. Tversity not visible since 2004 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tversity not visible since 2004 upgrade: I've used Tversity media server (free version 3.8) for many years and it's always behaved and done exactly what I've wanted. I'm well aware it's old and hasn't been updated for 5 or so years, but it does what I want, and that is to stream videos from my PC (Win 10 2004...
  8. Default Sound Device Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Sound Device Issue: I have Windows 10 and I use a USB sound device - the GOXLR Mini. This gives me a few different sound devices so I can assign different apps to play on different devices and control the volume independently with physical volume sliders. The problem I am having is that when I...
  9. How to stop Windows from automatically switching default sound devices on connection?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop Windows from automatically switching default sound devices on connection?: If I connect any sort of new audio device, bluetooth speakers, usb mic, etc., Windows automatically sets that new device as the default and starts using it. That's really annoying, as I have to be switching the default devices all the time, which in itself is a bit of a...
  10. Windows 10 and Playback Sounds device defaults

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 and Playback Sounds device defaults: My DELL laptop with Win10 is usually coupled to a HD Monitor with speakers. When I disconnect it and go mobile, Win10 doesn't automatically find and default to the laptop's own speakers??? Any ideas please how to get Win10 to handle this? 50797