Windows 10: New dell 1500. Keyboard types wrong letters .

Discus and support New dell 1500. Keyboard types wrong letters . in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Help an old hippie out 72738 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by johoho, Dec 16, 2016.

1. johoho Win User

New dell 1500. Keyboard types wrong letters .

Help an old hippie out

:)

johoho, Dec 16, 2016

2. Microsoft Surface Ergonomic Keyboard: touch keep getting blocked

I have bought the new microsoft Surface ergonomic "sculpt" keyboard.

The keyboard operates through bluetooth and I have connected it to my Dell laptop docking station.

The installation went on well but very often one of the keyboard keys gets "stuck" and won't stop typing the same letter, even if I don't press this key anymore. The only way to stop that key from typing is to shut the laptop down.

I have tried to replace the keyboard with another same hardware (I have 2 units) but the problem stays the same.

I think this must be a software issue or something wrong with the bluetooth connection?

Can you help me?

Many thanks,

Gwen

Gwenael de Calan, Dec 16, 2016
  3. Mitrique Win User
    My keyboard is set to US English QWERTY but does not type in qwerty.

Original title: Keyboard typing wrong letters

Hello,

My keyboard is set to US English QWERTY but does not type in qwerty. Some of the letters type numbers (eg, typing "s" displays "5") some do nothing (eg, "d") and some type different letters (eg, "f" is "j").

I've tried changing the language a few times and playing with number lock but no luck. I can't seem to get it back to typing in QWERTY. Any recommendations welcome.

Thanks.

Mitrique, Dec 16, 2016
  4. strollin Win User

Since new and under warranty, why not contact Dell? They should be able to help you and determine if it's just something as simple as having the wrong keyboard selected in language options or a hardware problem. If the hardware is the problem, they should fix or replace it.

strollin, Dec 16, 2016
Thema:

1. New dell 1500. Keyboard types wrong letters . - Similar Threads - dell 1500 Keyboard

2. my keyboard types wrong letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keyboard types wrong letters: when i type the letter o or l it types other letters and i need a solution i checked the language settings and nothing is wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-types-wrong-letters/c144235d-d927-40df-b11d-39a8d3c181a9
  3. my keyboard types wrong letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my keyboard types wrong letters: when i type the letter o or l it types other letters and i need a solution i checked the language settings and nothing is wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-types-wrong-letters/c144235d-d927-40df-b11d-39a8d3c181a9
  4. Windows 11 Laptop keyboard types wrong letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Laptop keyboard types wrong letters: Hi, my keyboard started a few weeks ago to type the wrong letters when pressing keys. It happens randomly and out of nowhere, for example, right now it works fine but when trying to save a file from any browser it starts to type random letters when trying to name the file....
  5. Windows 11 Laptop keyboard types wrong letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Laptop keyboard types wrong letters: Hi, my keyboard started a few weeks ago to type the wrong letters when pressing keys. It happens randomly and out of nowhere, for example, right now it works fine but when trying to save a file from any browser it starts to type random letters when trying to name the file....
  6. Keyboard typing wrong letters on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard typing wrong letters on Windows 10: Are you facing trouble with your keyboard? Is your keyboard typing the wrong letters? If yes, this post may help you. Here, we will describe some solutions to fix keyboard typing wrong letters. Sometimes, the problem is not as complicated as users think. Hence, before you...
  7. Keyboard typing the wrong letters after Windows 10 reinitialisation

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyboard typing the wrong letters after Windows 10 reinitialisation: I recently got laid off but was given my work computer. I had to reinitialise Windows 10. When it started again, I couldn't enter my personal login i fo because the keyboard is typing the wrong letters and characters. I tried the numlock..did not work. I tried using a usb...
  8. Keyboard issues... typing the wrong letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard issues... typing the wrong letters: Hi, I have been having issues with the keyboard typing the wrong letters and punctuation, as I type. I have tried numerous keyboards and get the same results....
  9. typing and getting wrong letters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    typing and getting wrong letters: This a brand new computer. When I hit the top Question mark key, it goes to windows startup. When I hit the bottom question slash key I get an e with a line on top of it. When I use forward slash key, I get the same letter as a Capital letter...
  10. Keyboard is typing the wrong letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard is typing the wrong letters: My Logitec K350 keyboard works fine when I plug it into my laptop. When I plug it into my desktop and search on Google, try to shop on Amazon, etc. it produces the wrong letter when I press on a few of them. s key types an i q key types a s e key types a m Same...