Windows 10: New dell 3880 with win 10 home bought win 10 pro on Microsoft store install failed

Discus and support New dell 3880 with win 10 home bought win 10 pro on Microsoft store install failed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; New dell 3880 win 10 home wanted to upgrade to win 10 pro bought on Microsoft store but install failed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DougBirger, Jun 21, 2021.

1. New dell 3880 with win 10 home bought win 10 pro on Microsoft store install failed

New dell 3880 win 10 home wanted to upgrade to win 10 pro bought on Microsoft store but install failed

:)

DougBirger, Jun 21, 2021

2. Win 10 boots...

I have even on an old dell laptop from windows xp era: Windows 10 adventures

remixedcat, Jun 21, 2021
  3. kajson Win User
    Win 10 clean install question

Hello everyone,

my brother in law has bought a new computer yesterday still with win 8.1 on it, which he'll be upgrading to windows 10. I'm guessing non pro edition. So far I've determined that if you want to do a clean install after the upgrade you don't use an updated productkey, rather microsoft registers somehow your hardware id and auto activates.

Now here's my worry, the computer isn't coming with an ssd, and I'm building that in tommorow, and I want to do the clean install on the ssd understandably.
    My question is, will this alter the hardware ID in such a way that Win 10 won't activate anymore. I know there's a 30 day grace period to fix things, but I'd rather get everything right straight away.
    I'm also wondering if I can just format the former system drive after win 10 has been activated on the SSD or if this will screw up some activation logging file or whatever other important stuff they've somehow left on the older installation.

If it doesnt activate it would mean I'd have to get into contact with microsofts help desk, which I reckon will be extremely hard to reach anyways, and my experience with them hasn't been great sofar.

Thanks in advance for any light shed on the matter. I'm sure more people are debating a form of this conundrum.

kajson, Jun 21, 2021
  4. OliverMay Win User

New dell 3880 with win 10 home bought win 10 pro on Microsoft store install failed

Upgrage from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

I just bought a new Dell Laptop with Win 10 Home, I still had a unopened Win 8 Pro Key what I tried to upgrade the New Dell Laptop to Win 10 Pro. After entering the Key I am getting a error code 0xc004fo50. The product Key on the Dell is 00325-95857-46796-AAOEM.
    The Microsoft Support site said I should be able to use this. Any suggestion about this issue, or is Microsoft all about to make us to spend more money and saying you spend your money on us for a worthless Key?

OliverMay, Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

New dell 3880 with win 10 home bought win 10 pro on Microsoft store install failed

1. New dell 3880 with win 10 home bought win 10 pro on Microsoft store install failed - Similar Threads - dell 3880 home

2. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I have replaced my old laptop with a new one.My old PC had Win 10 Pro free update from Win 7 Pro.The new one has Win 10 Home. I was advised that all I needed to do was to change the product key using the one I had for Win 7 and it would update to the Pro version. This did...
  3. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I have replaced my old laptop with a new one.My old PC had Win 10 Pro free update from Win 7 Pro.The new one has Win 10 Home. I was advised that all I needed to do was to change the product key using the one I had for Win 7 and it would update to the Pro version. This did...
  4. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Win 10 Home Upgrade to Pro using MS Store Failed

Win 10 Home Upgrade to Pro using MS Store Failed: Hello,i purchased a new Notebook with Win 10 Home. Needed Pro, so i went to Store und purchased a Win 10 Pro upgrade.After successfull purchase however, i got an error code and was unable to activate the upgrade. When i checked my account, it said i had windows 10 Enterprise...
  6. Win 10 pro new install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 pro new install: Okay so building a new computer for the first time, I bought a win 10 pro OEM disc with key off of Amazon. Can I just install win 10 pro with a flash drive, than just enter the key from the disk to activate? Or do I need to hook up an external disk drive to run the CD to...
  7. Win 10 Home upgrade to Pro fails

Win 10 Home upgrade to Pro fails: I bought an ex-leased Win 10 Laptop in New Zealand from a legitimate sales outlet. I live in NZ. I now wish to upgrade to Win10 Pro. Clicked on Settings/Update & Security/Activation/Go to the Store. I clicked on 'Buy' for $99.00. The only States and Country to choose from are...
  8. Win 10 Pro to Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Pro to Win 10 Home: I have an old PC loaded with Win 10 Pro. As I cannot increase the RAM on this PC, I'd like to move to Win 10 Home. Is it possible with this license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-pro-to-win-10-home/090c2436-3600-4f0d-8068-55f8030bddfe
  9. Failed Win 10 Home Install

Failed Win 10 Home Install: Hi all trying to install win 10 Home to my new Desktop PC but I get this error message after a blue screen: Page Fault in Non Paged Area and below that Stop Code I get: 'What at Fault: Win Fsf.sys' Really need help here as I have no idea what is happening? Thanks...
  10. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I upgraded my Win 8.1 into a Win 10 Home but it is not working properly. Does anyone can help me out how to find a free (and sound!) Win Pro for a clean install? 20601