Windows 10: New DELL computer arrived yesterday: Packing Slip

Discus and support New DELL computer arrived yesterday: Packing Slip in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I apologise, if this is not the place. Reading the packing slip. Whilst some items' descriptions are translated to normal English without too much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chipwood, Mar 23, 2017.

1. chipwood Win User

New DELL computer arrived yesterday: Packing Slip

I apologise, if this is not the place.
    Reading the packing slip. Whilst some items' descriptions are translated to normal English without too much work for the grey matter, others are not. Is there somewhere that assists in interpretation to layman's language?

:)

chipwood, Mar 23, 2017
  2. K.P89 Win User

Video is not playing on Lumia 920

all fixed.
    Yesterday, my phone slipped from my hand and after that all working fine.
    Regards,

K.P89, Mar 23, 2017
  3. Lumia 535 Factory Reset Failed, Sad Face SOLVED

Remove the battery to stop the auto resetting of your phone, plug it in to your computer, and use the Recovery Tool, remember complete the recovery download without the battery, with a good internet connection you should be able to download the Rescue Pack
    in a flash, after completing slip in your battery back to the phone...

Safeworker, Mar 23, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

We can help, if you tell us what you don't understand.
    First off is the computer we are talking about the computer that is under your System Specs? Or something else?

spunk, Mar 23, 2017
  5. essenbe Win User
    Hello Chipwood, as Spunk said it would help to know more specifics. But also some companies who sell to several different countries will print the same information in several languages so that whatever country it is sold in will be able to read it.

essenbe, Mar 23, 2017
  6. chipwood Win User
    Specs: old specs have been taken out, and very limited new ones inserted, so I'm referring to the newly acquired machine.
    I have attached a copy of the packing slip with the items I am reasonably sure about marked with an ink dot, and FWIW,a comparison the more enlightening details received, when I bought the old machine seven years ago.

chipwood, Mar 23, 2017
  7. Kyhi Win User
    MOD,LBL = labels
    MOD,SW = Software
    MOD,INFO = Information

I see
    8x DVD+/-RW
    I3 6100 CPU
    Win10 Home x64
    1TB 7200rpm HDD
    1 - 8GB 1600 DDR3L memory in DIMM Slot 1

8. SoFine409 Win User

You can always go to the Dell tech support web site and enter the service tag number on the outside of the unit and you'll get a list of hardware and software. It will also allow you to download drivers, dips updates, and run tools to diagnose problems.

SoFine409, Mar 23, 2017
  9. chipwood Win User
    @Kyhi Thanks; that helps make things clearer.

@SoFine409 I tried that, but strangely the service tag was not recognised. Maybe I got the wrong link.

chipwood, Mar 23, 2017
  10. SoFine409 Win User
    Here is the link for UK products.
    Support | Dell UK
    Is this the one you tried?

SoFine409, Mar 23, 2017
  11. chipwood Win User
    I've reviewed history. It wasn't the same site, but the result is the same. I'm guessing it doesn't work until the new machine is on line. ATM I'm clearing out the old one.

chipwood, Mar 23, 2017
  12. Bree New Member
    MOD, MouSE, 2 BuTtoN, LOGitec(?)
    MOD, CaRD, NeTWorK, 1707
    MOD, Hard Disk, 1 Terrabyte
    MOD, DIMM (memory), 8GB, 1 8GB module, 1600 mhz, DDR3L

13. New DELL computer arrived yesterday: Packing Slip

Not to worry about Service Tag not being recognized; this happens sometimes, even months after purchase, if you call Dell and enter the tag information, you may be told by the infernal automated voice that it cannot be found, but once you reach a person, it can be found manually.

Not Myself, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. New DELL computer arrived yesterday: Packing Slip - Similar Threads - DELL computer arrived

2. Page slip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Page slip: While using Windows the page slipped diagonally down the screen leaving a gap at the top and to the left side. I was able to restore the top margin using the usual click, mark and drag method, but this fails to restore the left margin to recentralise the page, leaving about...
  3. Page slip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Page slip: While using Windows the page slipped diagonally down the screen leaving a gap at the top and to the left side. I was able to restore the top margin using the usual click, mark and drag method, but this fails to restore the left margin to recentralise the page, leaving about...
  4. NEW WINDOWS ARRIVAL

in Windows 10 Customization
    NEW WINDOWS ARRIVAL: I WANTED TO ASK WHETHER new windows be just and update activated windows 10 or we have to buy itsorry if any wrong question asked?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-windows-arrival/6b01f644-a93e-4540-8203-e6744495e8fd
  5. New HDD possibly Dead On Arrival.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New HDD possibly Dead On Arrival.: I don't know if this is the right sub for this question, so please direct me to the right place if it's not. I bought an internal 6 TB IronWolf HDD for my family's Windows 10 computer. I ordered it from Newegg with fast processing and 2-day shipping. It arrived today and I...
  6. Screen is acting up badly. My new laptop finally arrived yesterday and was working fine...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen is acting up badly. My new laptop finally arrived yesterday and was working fine...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dallyboy4116 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iag14w/screen_is_acting_up_badly_my_new_laptop_finally/
  7. New Dell Computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Dell Computer: I went online and bought this Dell Computer. (Vostro 3583|Service Tag: 8QTHTW2It) It has no DVD tray? What if I wanted to write something to a CD or DVD? Crazy . . . I suppose I could add an external drive. Or could I? It also said it had Windows 10 Pro? But, when I went...
  8. slow wifi on new dell computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    slow wifi on new dell computer: I have a new Dell laptop. A Nighthawk Netgear router and new Motorola modem. My old Toshiba gets 75-80 mb DLs, but this new Dell gets only 25-30! I tried updating router firmware, resetting modem, restarting the computer, but still poor speed. What can I do to speed it up...
  9. New Updates Arrived

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New Updates Arrived: [img] [img] 115987
  10. Random BSOD, new Dell computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD, new Dell computer: I got many BSOD on a new Dell's computer. I don't really know where to look at. I did a memory diagnostic check (the Windows 10 one,not Memtest86+) without any issue. Attachment 126981 80403