Windows 10: New dell computer has no pause break key. What is the alternative?

Discus and support New dell computer has no pause break key. What is the alternative? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought a new dell computer and it has no pause break key. What is the alternative? * Moved from IEother/Windowsother * Original title: Pause break... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by franceslohman, Apr 30, 2020.

1. New dell computer has no pause break key. What is the alternative?

I bought a new dell computer and it has no pause break key. What is the alternative?

* Moved from IEother/Windowsother

* Original title: Pause break key

:)

franceslohman, Apr 30, 2020

2. Assign Break or Pause key function

Hi mayurpatel111,

By default the Pause/Break you cannot change the mapping of the Pause/Break keys. For you to change the mapping of the Pause/Break keys, it's best that you contact the manufacturer of your keyboard for assistance some keyboard manufacturers allow changing
    the mapping of their keyboards or install a third party application.

If you have further queries, feel free to post in the Answers Community.

Gerald Vit, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Assign Break or Pause key function

Can we assign the keyboard key "Pause" or "Break"?

I wanted to make my laptop to go to sleep when i hit Pause or Break button on keyboard.

If yes, How?

mayurpatel111, Apr 30, 2020
  4. New dell computer has no pause break key. What is the alternative?

Pause Break Key Glitching Windows 10 Explorer???

It's specifically the Pause Break key that is doing it. I'm not sure how I can make windows not register this key because I've tried using SharpKeys etc but nothing seems to work.

rock962000, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

New dell computer has no pause break key. What is the alternative?

1. New dell computer has no pause break key. What is the alternative? - Similar Threads - dell computer has

2. none of my keys but pause break work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    none of my keys but pause break work: recently i wiped off my keyboard from some dust that accumulated for a while, but now none of my key's work except for pause break. any idea how to fix this?...
  3. none of my keys but pause break work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    none of my keys but pause break work: recently i wiped off my keyboard from some dust that accumulated for a while, but now none of my key's work except for pause break. any idea how to fix this?...
  4. Windows Update KB5016616 keeps breaking Dell computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update KB5016616 keeps breaking Dell computers: I work in a computer repair store and have for the last 10 years, normally I can fix almost anything. The past two weeks I have had 5 Dell computers in the store that windows update KB5016616 keeps breaking. After the update installs I either have to use system restore to go...
  5. Product Key from alternate computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product Key from alternate computer: Hello, I would like to use the product key from my Desktop Windows Pro retail machine to update my Laptop Windows Home activated-OEM to Pro, as I have to get rid of the Desktop. Is this possible? I recorded the product key from my Desktop then uninstalled the product key and...
  6. MS 5050 Keyboard Pause/Break Key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MS 5050 Keyboard Pause/Break Key: I'm trying to figure out what combination to use for a Pause/Break key on an MS 5050 or sculpt keyboard, or how to program a macro. I have read several articles on here and they are very unclear. We use an old school mainframe program and I need this key to clear data on my...
  7. New Dell Computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Dell Computer: I went online and bought this Dell Computer. (Vostro 3583|Service Tag: 8QTHTW2It) It has no DVD tray? What if I wanted to write something to a CD or DVD? Crazy . . . I suppose I could add an external drive. Or could I? It also said it had Windows 10 Pro? But, when I went...
  8. What is a Pause key? Why & when is it used?

in Windows 10 News
    What is a Pause key? Why & when is it used?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you have a full keyboard, I am sure you must have seen “Pause” key or “Pause Break” key. It is usually located around the control keys like Scroll Lock, Home and end button, and so on. The question is [...] This post What is a Pause key? Why & when is it...
  9. win + pause/break no longer works

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    win + pause/break no longer works: Here I am, tweaking away at a new Windows 10 install when I notice that the win + pause/break hotkey no longer opens the System window. I tried undoing some tweaks, but no luck. I don't know at what point it stopped working and I've got many hours into installing and tweaking...
  10. breaking/pause a process with Debug?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    breaking/pause a process with Debug?: I'd like to pause/break a flash application/process once it starts running. I tried to attach to the process with windbg, but it breaks before the app is loaded into my memory... I'd like to have it break when it is loaded into my memory, but before the app compiles (flash...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell pause break key alternative