Windows 10: new Dell inspiron laptop turn off by itself after sleeping

Discus and support new Dell inspiron laptop turn off by itself after sleeping in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, this is strange , my new laptop Dell Inspiron 5400 atutomatically turns itself off after entering into sleep mode, sometimes i can wake it, up, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Trade1234, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Trade1234 Win User

new Dell inspiron laptop turn off by itself after sleeping

Hi, this is strange , my new laptop Dell Inspiron 5400 atutomatically turns itself off after entering into sleep mode, sometimes i can wake it, up, but like 50% of all times, i can not wake it up because it turned off itself automatically, i would have to turn it on again,

what happened? how to solve this ?

:)

Trade1234, Aug 1, 2020

2. Turning Off ScreenWindows 10 on Dell Inspiron 14Z laptop. I set the screen to go off after 1 minute when plugged in. It never goes off.

Thank you for your reply.

Answers to your questions:

All computers are running W10.

1.) Turning off the screen on my wife's Dell Inspiron 1525 after 15 minutes works perfectly. My Dell desktop XPS 400 and my Dell Inspiron 14z have never worked at all.

2.) Yes, I have tried 10 and 15 minutes on my desktop and my laptop. Neither has ever worked to turn off the screen.

3.) a week ago I set my wife's laptop to turn the screen off after 15 minutes; works great. I first tried setting both my desktop and my laptop to turn the screen off 2 days ago. Neither has ever worked.

Current Power & Sleep Settings:

My Dell XPS 400 desktop: Turn screen off = 15 minutes; Go to sleep = Never

My Dell Inspiron 14z = On battery turn screen off = 5 minutes; Go to sleep = 5 minutes. (It's always plugged in.)

My Dell Inspiron 14z = Plugged in turn screen off = 15 minutes; Go to sleep = Never.

Hope that helps.

CraigHamiltonJr, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Turn Screen Off and Sleep

Thank you for your reply. Below is more information.

All computers are running W10.

A week ago I set my wife's laptop to turn the screen off after 15 minutes; works perfectly; Go to Sleep = Never.

My Dell desktop XPS 400 and my Dell Inspiron 14z have never worked at all. I have tried 10 and 15 minutes on both machines. Neither has ever worked to turn off the screen. I first tried setting both my desktop and my laptop to turn the screen off 2 days
    ago.

Current Power & Sleep Settings:

My Dell XPS 400 desktop: Turn screen off = 15 minutes; Go to sleep = Never

My Dell Inspiron 14z = Plugged in turn screen off = 15 minutes; Go to sleep = Never.

My Dell Inspiron 14z = On battery turn screen off = 5 minutes; Go to sleep = 5 minutes. (It's always plugged in.)

Hope that helps.

4. new Dell inspiron laptop turn off by itself after sleeping

Turn Screen Off and Sleep

I can't get either my desktop or laptop to follow orders to turn the screen off and/or go to sleep after 1 minute when plugged in. I'm using W10 on both machines. Desktop is a Dell XPS; monitor is by Acer. The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 14Z. Any help here?

Thema:

new Dell inspiron laptop turn off by itself after sleeping

1. new Dell inspiron laptop turn off by itself after sleeping - Similar Threads - Dell inspiron laptop

2. My laptop turns off by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop turns off by itself.: Hi all, something is wrong with my laptop, when I open it and doing some stuff, it turns off by itself. What caused this issue and how do I fix it? My laptop is HP Elitebook 8540pMy RAM is 4.00GB 3.86 usableMy processor is Intel Core i5 CPU, M 520 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHzThe...
  3. Laptop Dell inspiron 15 5577 turns on to windows logo and then shuts off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Dell inspiron 15 5577 turns on to windows logo and then shuts off: Hey i have a problem with my Dell inspiron 15 5577.When i try to turn it on it shows windows logo for 1-5 seconds and then it immediately shuts off.I tried to reinstall windows but same thing when i choose to boot from usb it shows windows logo and just turns off, same with...
  4. Laptop Dell inspiron 15 5577 turns on to windows logo and then shuts off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Dell inspiron 15 5577 turns on to windows logo and then shuts off: Hey i have a problem with my Dell inspiron 15 5577.When i try to turn it on it shows windows logo for 1-5 seconds and then it immediately shuts off.I tried to reinstall windows but same thing when i choose to boot from usb it shows windows logo and just turns off, same with...
  5. Laptop Dell inspiron 15 5577 turns on to windows logo and then shuts off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. WiFi turns off after turning off / sleeping laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi turns off after turning off / sleeping laptop: Hello, probably after updating windows10, although I am not sure, in my laptop, where everything was okay so far, something with Wifi turned on, which disconnects after, e.g. sleeping the laptop. After turning it on, I have to wait a while until the internet connects again. I...
  7. Help with my Dell Inspiron 15 Going into Sleep Mode By Itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with my Dell Inspiron 15 Going into Sleep Mode By Itself: For the past few weeks my laptop will go to sleep by itself. Usually this happens when the fan is also being loud so I suspected overheating but most of the time the computer is warm but I've felt it go warmer at other times before and after the problem started. I also...
  8. Brand New Dell Inspiron 5000 laptop with Windows 10 that won't sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Brand New Dell Inspiron 5000 laptop with Windows 10 that won't sleep: Having searched the net on this problem, followed all the power options checks etc, I have not been able to solve this. The system will sleep if the time expires in the power options, but closing the lid or pressing the sleep button - no joy. The lap top has external mouse,...
  9. Touchpad turns off after laptop sleeps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad turns off after laptop sleeps: Whenever I put my Acer Spin 7 to sleep and then wake it up again, my touchpad is turned off and I have to go into the touchpad settings and turn it on again. I tried uninstalling the Synaptics drivers and reinstalling, but no dice. The problem definitely has something to do...
  10. Laptop Turning itself "off"

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Turning itself "off": I am running Win 10 on a laptop. I have changed all the power settings to "NEVER" for everything. The laptop is on AC (not battery). No power outages. But when I come back after being away from the laptop for an hour or so. It is in sleep mode (I think) - I have to turn...