Windows 10: New DELL laptop- Windows Product Key

Discus and support New DELL laptop- Windows Product Key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there, 1st time Windows user (always had a Mac). Bought a DELL G5 5590. Having trouble finding where the windoes activation key is. It says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by L Burgo, Oct 4, 2019.

1. L Burgo Win User

New DELL laptop- Windows Product Key

Hi there,

1st time Windows user (always had a Mac).

Bought a DELL G5 5590.

Having trouble finding where the windoes activation key is. It says that Windows 10 is included in the purchase but there is no CD/ USB or written key anywhere in the package. Logged into the DELL account and cannot find the key.

Can anyone please direct me where to look.

Best,

Les

:)

L Burgo, Oct 4, 2019

2. After changing the mother board not posible to activate the new product key Dell provites me with

After Dell Change the motherboard in my laptop they provided me with a new windows product Key i try and I follow the instructions several times with no success.

I'm Getting Error Cod (0x80070057)

Cortana also not help and not possible to contact a person.

1. Any help on this subject
    2. Thanks

Atlantis9898, Oct 4, 2019
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Oct 4, 2019
  4. New DELL laptop- Windows Product Key

Dell xsp 13 - installing new driver - need product key?

I am installing a new driver on my Dell xps 13 laptop. Will I need a Windows 10 product key or will it be programeed into Bios and won't need the key?

thanks

Dell xps 13 user, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

New DELL laptop- Windows Product Key

1. New DELL laptop- Windows Product Key - Similar Threads - DELL laptop Product

2. Transfer Windows 11 Pro product key to new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Windows 11 Pro product key to new laptop: Hello,My old laptop came with windows 11 home. I purchased windows 11 pro on the store, and got the digital copy. I didn't get a product key. This laptop has issues so Dell is giving me a replacement. I would like to now transfer the windows 11 pro to it. I've unlinked this...
  3. how to get product key for dell laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to get product key for dell laptop: please help me address my product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-product-key-for-dell-laptop/30713284-9b86-4d39-89d1-197f8c86f2b3
  4. New Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Dell laptop: Hi i just got a new Dell Latitude 7410, when i get to the stage of sign in with microsoft account I get the message "We didn't find that email address in your organization. Use another email address or contact your administrator". But this is for personal use and not related...
  5. Why is Product Key not supplied with new Laptop

Why is Product Key not supplied with new Laptop: I bought a new laptop and only has Miscrosoft Product Key ID# on the box. I am now struggling to get the product key to activate word, excel, etc. Why are you guys putting us through hell after purchasing your products????...
  6. product key for a new laptop digital license

product key for a new laptop digital license: Hi there, about 5 months ago i paid $99 to upgrade from windows 10 home to pro, then last month my laptop burnt litraly, motherboard gone, today i finally got a new one after a month at dealer, anyway i got this one again with windows 10 home, i need to upgrade it to pro...
  7. new Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    new Dell laptop: I’ve purchased a new Dell laptop. Could you help me with this questions. I cannot figure out how to take photos using it. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-dell-laptop/ddfa338b-d286-4f4c-9fb8-59dcc596ebfb
  8. dell pc product key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dell pc product key: how do I find my product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-pc-product-key/d4a66df9-5c86-48fd-b81d-6222a0cf8e7e
  9. new product key

new product key: from 2nd april 2019 a pop-up message is shown in my aspire 315-51_z( windows 10 pro) that was manufactured on july 2018 which says that "your licence will expire on 2nd may 2019".by encoding the message i came to know that i have to get a new product key from my system...
  10. product key used for new laptop

product key used for new laptop: I got a new laptop and using the same product key used for my previous one can the same key work on the new laptop or do I have to buy another subscription ? the last subscription was bought 4 days back and trying to disable on the older laptop...