Windows 10: New Dell PC, can’t access Microsoft account

Discus and support New Dell PC, can’t access Microsoft account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Got a new Dell PC and cant access my microsoft account. Actually I cant go to any Microsoft site, doing this from my iPad... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by IsabelGomez2, Nov 9, 2020.

1. New Dell PC, can’t access Microsoft account

Got a new Dell PC and cant access my microsoft account. Actually I cant go to any Microsoft site, doing this from my iPad

:)

IsabelGomez2, Nov 9, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 9, 2020
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Nov 9, 2020
  4. New Dell PC, can’t access Microsoft account

How to replace old Microsoft Account with a new Microsoft Account

Hi Hitendra,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

I would suggest you to switch your Microsoft account to a Local account first and then switch back with a new Microsoft account. Please refer to the following steps:

Step 1:

• Type Manage your accounts
      in the search bar and click on it
    • Click on "sign in with a local account instead"
    • Press next and complete the process.
    • If you do not have a local account, leave the credentials blank and proceed.

Step 2: Now, on the newly converted Local account, follow these steps to add a new MSA.

1. In the Start search, type "Manage your accounts" and press Enter.

2. Choose 'Accounts'.

3. Click on "sign in with a local account instead"

4. Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

New Dell PC, can’t access Microsoft account

1. New Dell PC, can’t access Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Dell can’t access

2. Can’t create a new account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t create a new account: Why can’t I create a new account? I need to in order to still have access once my school closes this one but every time I try to make one, it asks me to verify a phone number and continuously says “we cannot send a text to this phone number.” I’ve tried putting in two...
  3. Can’t open bitlocker and can’t access Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t open bitlocker and can’t access Microsoft account: Hi,When I restarted by computer yesterday, the computer went to a blue screen and stated bitlocker needed to be unlocked for my computer. I don’t know why it suddenly required this. The screen said I need to access the Microsoft account for the computer to get a recovery...
  4. Can’t open bitlocker and can’t access Microsoft account

Can’t open bitlocker and can’t access Microsoft account: Hi,When I restarted by computer yesterday, the computer went to a blue screen and stated bitlocker needed to be unlocked for my computer. I don’t know why it suddenly required this. The screen said I need to access the Microsoft account for the computer to get a recovery...
  5. ACCESSING MICROSOFT ACCOUNT ON NEW PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ACCESSING MICROSOFT ACCOUNT ON NEW PC: A friend bought a new PC . When he set it up he typed in the wrong email address as user name. as a result all the security verification is going to an email account he cannot access. He compunded the problem by not adding his mobile number. Now we cannot do it as we need to...
  6. ACCESSING MICROSOFT ACCOUNT ON NEW PC

ACCESSING MICROSOFT ACCOUNT ON NEW PC: A friend bought a new PC . When he set it up he typed in the wrong email address as user name. as a result all the security verification is going to an email account he cannot access. He compunded the problem by not adding his mobile number. Now we cannot do it as we need to...
  7. Can’t access Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can’t access Microsoft account: I am truing to help my elderly father access his Microsoft account after his computer was hacked. The computer has been cleaned and when he got it back from the store, he needes ti re-enter his Microsoft account email and password. We tried his password and it didnt work....
  8. Can’t access family account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can’t access family account: I tried to set up child accounts for my daughter but we are completely locked out. I just want to delete the child accounts now and start again but it only lets me remove, not delete them - how can I delete child accounts without the password to those accounts which is...
  9. Wrong info on Microsoft account and can’t access laptop.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wrong info on Microsoft account and can’t access laptop.: Hi My granfather has a new hp laptop and set up his microsoft account with an incorrect email address that can’t be accessed and the password he set up doesn’t work so we can’t log on to his laptop. I’ve tried resetting the password on microsoft live but as he’s never had a...
  10. Can’t access store and can’t create a new local account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t access store and can’t create a new local account: When I try to launch a game that I got on the Microsoft Store, the application will launch but then immediately crash. If I try to launch the game from the store itself, it prompts me to install the game. When I try to install the game, it just gives me error code 0x87AF000B....