Windows 10: New Dell PC randomly freezing/hanging

Discus and support New Dell PC randomly freezing/hanging in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So, My new Dell XPS PC has begun to randomly hang or freeze(3-4secs) and I assume it will only get worse. The pointer will lock in place for like 3 or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by amancandance, Feb 12, 2020.

1. New Dell PC randomly freezing/hanging

So, My new Dell XPS PC has begun to randomly hang or freeze(3-4secs) and I assume it will only get worse. The pointer will lock in place for like 3 or 4 seconds. It's 4 days old and I think a contributing factor may be that I uninstalled a bunch of stuff that came pre-loaded with the PC or it could just be a bad install. I did a windows image back up, but that was after I had removed the files and set it up to my liking. I did change a setting in nvidia's control panel, that enabled full output dynamic range, too. Any suggestion would be very welcome. Thanks.

:)

amancandance, Feb 12, 2020

2. pc 'hangs' or freezes randomly

While in use suddenly nothing responds to mouse or keyboard for long minutes, then starts up again ok for a few minutes. Have tried all usual restart/etc. online suggestions without luck.

Have found in Task Manager - Processes - there are listed 4 'Suspended" items, Could they be the culprits causing the 'hang or freeze'.

Can't determine exactly what the suspended are so am hesitant to 'End Task' them.

klaro 1590, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Feb 12, 2020
  4. New Dell PC randomly freezing/hanging

pc 'hangs' or freezes randomly

Tried everything listed online. Gave up and had HP perform complete restore of windows, 1709.

Of course, now I'm presented with many problems of missing items. Cannot even get back the Microsoft weather forecast as well as the apps store. PC may soon go flying out the window!

klaro 1590, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

New Dell PC randomly freezing/hanging

1. New Dell PC randomly freezing/hanging - Similar Threads - Dell randomly freezing

2. Random freezes/stuttering on new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random freezes/stuttering on new PC: Hi i am starting to experience long freeze/ stuttering that either forces me to a hard restart og waiting for 1-3 min. Sometimes the freeze end and im able to restart the computer through Windows. The computer have worked fine since it was build in february 2023. Mainly used...
  3. Random freezes/stuttering on new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random freezes/stuttering on new PC: Hi i am starting to experience long freeze/ stuttering that either forces me to a hard restart og waiting for 1-3 min. Sometimes the freeze end and im able to restart the computer through Windows. The computer have worked fine since it was build in february 2023. Mainly used...
  4. Windows Randomly Freezes/Hangs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Randomly Freezes/Hangs: About once or twice a day, my computer randomly hangs or freezes and it's super annoying. This problem started happening after reinstalling windows onto my new SSD from my hard drive. I have updated windows and reinstalled graphics drivers. I've used HWiNFO64 and it all...
  5. Windows 10 Randomly Hangs/Freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Randomly Hangs/Freezing: Hi, everyone. My PC has been freezing lately, and the only thing I could do to get out of it was power down and restart. I tried all the suggested updates and system checks from the forums but they didn't work. Then I read someone's experience of a faulty cable causing...
  6. Windows 10 Randomly Hangs / Freezing

Windows 10 Randomly Hangs / Freezing: Hi Support, Currently I have run windows latest updated. Checked internal laptop diagnostic for hardware any issues, passed the diagnosed test. Done office 2010 internal repaired w/o any issues. Its did hangs Excel, Adobe Reader, Windows updates randomly. I appreciate...
  7. Dell XPS15 9550 Random hang/freeze

Dell XPS15 9550 Random hang/freeze: Hi, I am getting random hangs/freezes while using the computer, as in, the system is responsive, the mouse can move, but any attempt to start or close a program results in that program freezing. I've noticed the disk activity goes to max and cpu usage goes down as it...
  8. Random Freeze/Hang (NO BSOD)

Random Freeze/Hang (NO BSOD): This freeze/hang has been going on randomly for months (I believe setting in after the Fall Creators Update; I'd deferred that one but it forced itself through 1/13/2018). Keyboard and mouse stop functioning, and music stops playing too. I can only get it back up and...
  9. Random hang/lock/freezing (sort of)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random hang/lock/freezing (sort of): I have read a thread or five via a Google search about random freezing with Windows 10, but none of their symptoms match mine, so I thought I'd post a new thread. I'm getting random system freezes or hangs which prevent me from opening apps or programs and clicking on the...
  10. Random Freezing and Hanging in Build 14279

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Freezing and Hanging in Build 14279: After a clean install of Build 14279, then reinstalling several programs, I'm getting occasional and random freeze-ups. Blutos Cousin posted the following: I've been having random freezing in 14279 rs1 where the mouse pointer disappears and turns into something that...