Windows 10: New Dell XPS 15 2 in 1, microsoft photos app won't work

Discus and support New Dell XPS 15 2 in 1, microsoft photos app won't work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I've had my new Dell computer for about two days. I tried to use the photo app today and it keeps crashing after about 3-5 minutes. I have done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lomoski, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Lomoski Win User

New Dell XPS 15 2 in 1, microsoft photos app won't work

So I've had my new Dell computer for about two days. I tried to use the photo app today and it keeps crashing after about 3-5 minutes. I have done literally every step that has been recommended on various sites including this one. Nothing makes it work. I've done a repair boot as well. What else can I do?

:)

Lomoski, Oct 14, 2018

2. Dell xps 15 touch screen not working

Hi,

To better assist you, share the information.

- What is the model number of Dell xps 15?

I suggest you follow the below method.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the hardware and device troubleshooter
    to check and fix issues with hardware and devices.
    Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Method 2: Update the touchscreen drivers manually from the Device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

1.Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
    Device manager from the context menu.

2.Expand Human Interface Device option, right click on the touchscreen driver and select Update this software from the context menu.

3.Follow the on-screen instructions.

Also, I suggest to refer to the article on How to update drivers from the below article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/how-to-update-drivers

Do let us know the result.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    CES 2018: Dell XPS 15 2-in-1, Inspiron gaming desktop, monitors & more

Source: CES 2018: Dell announces XPS 15 2-in-1, Inspiron gaming desktop, monitors and more - Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Chino Win User

Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 (9575) Laptop Goes Up for Order

The new XPS 15 2-in-1 laptops from Dell employ Intel's 8th generation 'Kaby Lake-G' processors with Radeon RX Vega M GL discrete graphics which features 4GB of HMB2 memory. The entry XPS model comes with an Intel Core i5-8305G processor, 8GB of DDR4-2400MHz memory, and a 256GB M.2 PCIe SSD for storage. It also sports a 15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) InfinityEdge anti-reflective touch display with support for Dells' Active Pen Stylus and a full-size, backlit MagLev keyboard. The Intel Core i5-8305G model starts at $1,499.99. The higher-end models, on the other hand, use the more powerful Intel Core i7-8705G processor while conserving the exact FHD display and MagLev keyboard. A 256GB M.2 PCIe SSD serves as the primary storage across all models. The Intel Core i7-8705G with 8GB of memory starts at $1,699.99 and the 16GB variant at $1,799.99. And lastly, the XPS 15 with an Intel Core i7-8705G processor, 16GB of memory, and a 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) goes for $2,199.99.

Dell consistently listed the XPS 15's memory as 'integrated'. After browsing through the service manual, we didn't find a section on replacing or upgrading the memory. Therefore, it's safe to say that the XPS 15 (9575) comes with memory soldered to the PCB. This shouldn't be a let down for most consumers as 16GB of RAM is more than sufficient by today's standards. However, prosumers might want to hold off for now until a 32GB SKU is released.

New Dell XPS 15 2 in 1, microsoft photos app won't work shJQzRYiIaQWRXEQ_thm.jpg

New Dell XPS 15 2 in 1, microsoft photos app won't work W3XnzZrK3PeW4yQK_thm.jpg

New Dell XPS 15 2 in 1, microsoft photos app won't work Swji99aWFdM9tJSL_thm.jpg

Chino, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

1. New Dell XPS 15 2 in 1, microsoft photos app won't work - Similar Threads - Dell XPS microsoft

2. No Audio Output Device is installed - Windows 10 DELL XPS 15 9575 2 in 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Audio Output Device is installed - Windows 10 DELL XPS 15 9575 2 in 1: Hello,The audio of my laptop has stopped working. The Volume icon has a red cross mark with the error message ' No Audio Output Device is installed'. I have tried almost all the methods mentioned in the Youtube and even tried to restore my PC to a previous restore point. But...
  3. No Audio Output Device is installed - Windows 10 DELL XPS 15 9575 2 in 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Audio Output Device is installed - Windows 10 DELL XPS 15 9575 2 in 1: Hello,The audio of my laptop has stopped working. The Volume icon has a red cross mark with the error message ' No Audio Output Device is installed'. I have tried almost all the methods mentioned in the Youtube and even tried to restore my PC to a previous restore point. But...
  4. No Audio Output Device is installed - Windows 10 DELL XPS 15 9575 2 in 1

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop microphone not working

Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop microphone not working: Hi Community! I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a brand new Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop running Windows 10. The internal microphone doesn't work. Since I have to do all my work from home, I had to buy an external microphone and it works just fine. I've spent at least 30...
  6. Upgrade Old Dell XPS 15 9550 vs Buying New Dell XPS Laptop?

Upgrade Old Dell XPS 15 9550 vs Buying New Dell XPS Laptop?: Hey all. I posted this a while back but did not get a new battery nor get a new computer. My laptop battery is now 2.5 years and about 92% worn out. I had bought a replacement for it 2.5 years ago when the originally battery lasted for 1.5 years. So I mentioned I play online...
  7. Dell introduces redesigned XPS 15 and XPS 17

in Windows 10 News
    Dell introduces redesigned XPS 15 and XPS 17: [ATTACH] Dell’s family of XPS laptops If you’re in the market for a new PC, take note: Dell has announced new devices that deliver larger screens, long battery life and enough power to stream your favorite shows, edit photos for Instagram, render 4K...
  8. Dell XPS 15 Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell XPS 15 Problems: Dell XPS 15 Windows 10 problem(s) So I have a Dell XPS 15 with Windows 10 that is just over 1.5 years old. Issues have started to rack up over the last 3 or so months (things like any microphone from any headset/earbuds not being detected, my Realtek Audio not showing up at...
  9. Dell announces new XPS 13 2-in-1 at Computex 2019

in Windows 10 News
    Dell announces new XPS 13 2-in-1 at Computex 2019: Just announced! With over 1 billion colors, the InfinityEdge HDR display on the new #DellXPS 13 2-in-1 will leave you awestruck. Follow along the #DellExperience at #Computex2019 for all the upcoming details! Tweet — Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter 133527
  10. CES 2018: Dell XPS 15 2-in-1, Inspiron gaming desktop, monitors & more

in Windows 10 News
    CES 2018: Dell XPS 15 2-in-1, Inspiron gaming desktop, monitors & more: This week at CES, Dell unveiled a suite of elegant new devices powered by Windows 10, as well as new monitors and Dell Cinema – an immersive audio and visual experience – all designed to empower you in the myriad ways you play and work. These new devices light up some of...