Windows 10: new dell xps making occasional squeal sound (not loud)

Discus and support new dell xps making occasional squeal sound (not loud) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't seem to find a pattern as to when it happens. It just makes this low squeal sound every now and again. It lasts for maybe 5 seconds. I called... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ydono, Jan 24, 2020.

1. ydono Win User

new dell xps making occasional squeal sound (not loud)

I can't seem to find a pattern as to when it happens. It just makes this low squeal sound every now and again. It lasts for maybe 5 seconds. I called Dell and they updated a driver but it is still happening and the customer service rep has become unresponsive. I can't decide if I should return the unit or if this is normal for a dell xps.

it doesn't happen at start up. Usually just randomly as I am working/using the computer. I don't believe I have heard it happen when I am not using the computer but it is on.

:)

ydono, Jan 24, 2020

2. Loud Squealing Noise

I am running windows 7 on a Dell desktop computer. It has started making a very annoying and loud squealing noise. I have cleaned the dust from inside thinking it may be overheating. I also wiggled the boards to make sure all were seated good. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this and how to stop it? Thanks

Tinhorse00, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Speaker making very loud sound

Do you mean all sounds, music, video, etc. are too loud or do you mean you are getting a loud squealing or buzzing sound?

If it's the loud squealing then it's feedback. Open Sound Control Panel, click on 'Recording' tab, choose Microphone then click on 'Properties', in the properties window click on 'Listen' tab and make sure 'Listen to this device is unchecked'.

new dell xps making occasional squeal sound (not loud) 435e2168-8c27-4b4c-ba7d-d1dea5957a3f?upload=true.png

laudablepus, Jan 24, 2020
  4. new dell xps making occasional squeal sound (not loud)

Speaker making very loud sound

Getting a loud squealing buzzing sound unless muted.

"Listen to this device" is unchecked on Recording' tab.

Problem fixed (for now). I am so embarresed to admit that I had not noticed the "uninstall" button before now. I spend a lot of time trying to download Microsoft Driver Tool which my anti-virus would not allow.

I finally noticed the uninstalled button and clicked on it, restarted the pc, and miracle abounded, the pc reinstalled the correct driver.

Thanks to everyone who responded with suggestions. I am going to make a concerted effort to learn more about how computers work.

SammyWilliams, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

new dell xps making occasional squeal sound (not loud)

1. new dell xps making occasional squeal sound (not loud) - Similar Threads - dell xps making

2. Loud and Poor Sound Quality on Dell Laptop,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loud and Poor Sound Quality on Dell Laptop,: The sound on my new Dell laptop is so loud and poor quality, my old laptop used to be like that but then I enabled sound enhancement and it lowered the volume and fixed the quality, on this laptop I don't have the enhancement tab and listening to Spotify is a mess, the sound...
  3. Loud and Poor Sound Quality on Dell Laptop,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loud and Poor Sound Quality on Dell Laptop,: The sound on my new Dell laptop is so loud and poor quality, my old laptop used to be like that but then I enabled sound enhancement and it lowered the volume and fixed the quality, on this laptop I don't have the enhancement tab and listening to Spotify is a mess, the sound...
  4. Loud and Poor Sound Quality on Dell Laptop,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Should my GPU fans be making high-pitched squealing sounds that sound like coil whine?

Should my GPU fans be making high-pitched squealing sounds that sound like coil whine?: I ended up returning my ASRock Phantom Gaming 6800 XT and got a Sapphire Pulse 6800 XT instead since the Pulse was a bit cheaper. I'm not hearing those grinding and rattling sounds, at least, so I guess it's luckily not my mobo. However, I am getting a high-pitched squealing...
  6. Should my GPU fans be making high-pitched squealing sounds that sound like coil whine?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should my GPU fans be making high-pitched squealing sounds that sound like coil whine?: I ended up returning my ASRock Phantom Gaming 6800 XT and got a Sapphire Pulse 6800 XT instead since the Pulse was a bit cheaper. I'm not hearing those grinding and rattling sounds, at least, so I guess it's luckily not my mobo. However, I am getting a high-pitched squealing...
  7. Should my GPU fans be making high-pitched squealing sounds that sound like coil whine?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Upgrade Old Dell XPS 15 9550 vs Buying New Dell XPS Laptop?

Upgrade Old Dell XPS 15 9550 vs Buying New Dell XPS Laptop?: Hey all. I posted this a while back but did not get a new battery nor get a new computer. My laptop battery is now 2.5 years and about 92% worn out. I had bought a replacement for it 2.5 years ago when the originally battery lasted for 1.5 years. So I mentioned I play online...
  9. Dell XPS 13 9360 Sound Issue

Dell XPS 13 9360 Sound Issue: I have a friend who has the above laptop and she is not able to get sound from the sound card. She installed what she thinks is the latest Realtek drivers. However I am confused as to some of the information listed on her system as to what is the real driver. 1. When I go to...
  10. Loud Squealing Noise

in Windows 10 Support
    Loud Squealing Noise: I am running windows 7 on a Dell desktop computer. It has started making a very annoying and loud squealing noise. I have cleaned the dust from inside thinking it may be overheating. I also wiggled the boards to make sure all were seated good. Does anyone have an idea what...