Windows 10: New desktop build works great EXCEPT crashes everytime when entering sleep mode!

Discus and support New desktop build works great EXCEPT crashes everytime when entering sleep mode! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Greetings, PC Specs are below, just built this system. Everything is working perfectly, except for one annoying problem.Everytime I allow the PC to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ACSteve85, May 17, 2020.

1. ACSteve85 Win User

New desktop build works great EXCEPT crashes everytime when entering sleep mode!

Greetings,

PC Specs are below, just built this system.

Everything is working perfectly, except for one annoying problem.Everytime I allow the PC to enter sleep or hybrid sleep, it ends up crashing and rebooting, or I'll get a no signal error on the monitor. As long as I set sleep to never, everything works fine, including 4 hour Asus ROG RealBench stress test stability, but as soon as I let it sleep it crashes.

I've already done all the obvious, latest drivers, incl. chipset, latest UEFI/BIOS version, unplugging all USB devices, checked USB power management settings, UEFI settings, checked USB root hub settings, etc. etc.

Perhaps you can interpret this dump file for me?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KTRIkQPeghohuQDKC1M-5QFuW9FxxIv2

PC Specs:

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Ryzen 3200G
    Asus Prime B450M-A CSM
    16GB 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Plat. DDR4-2800
    Adata 240GB SU635 SATA SSD
    Thermaltake Smart 500 watt PSU
    Dell U2412M LCD monitor

Much thanks,
    Steve

:)

ACSteve85, May 17, 2020
  2. Ike-hall Win User

Build 10586 Problems sleep mode stopped working for both the pc

After the build 10586 was installed the sleep mode stopped working for both the pc and the monitor. Sleep mode worked fine before that upgrade. I have made sure the times before sleep is activated for both monitor and pc are the same as they originally
    were. I verified that sleep mode was allowed. All drives are current and no new hardware or software has been installed since that update. I was on the web for 2 hours with Microsoft support, they were unable to determine the issue or a fix. They suggested
    to restore to the previous build. Has anyone else encountered this issue after build 10586?

Ike-hall, May 17, 2020
  3. New Desktop Build - Windows Crashes Upon Exiting Sleep Mode

So I just finished this build Friday and everything seems to be working great while running. My only issue is that I can't get it to wake from sleep mode correctly.

Pressing a key on the keyboard/mouse seems to initiate wake but the screen never comes on (backlight on the keyboard does). The system appears to crash and just shuts down. When I turn it back on everything is working fine.

This happens every single time out of sleep mode. It doesn't matter if the system initiates sleep mode through the power settings timers or if I initiate sleep through the power menu.

Thoughts?

Link to guts: Intel Core i5-6600K, PowerColor Radeon R9 390, NZXT H440 (Black/Red) - System Build - PCPartPicker

Notes:
    *Hibernate and Hybrid Sleep are both turned off.
    * Latest BIOS update applied.
    * On newest version of GPU driver.
    * Tried "clean boot" with all but MS applications disabled/not running, issue persists.

pearlbrian, May 17, 2020
  4. New desktop build works great EXCEPT crashes everytime when entering sleep mode!

open the desktop from sleep mode

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are trying to start the computer from the sleep mode?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you able to shut down or restart the machine?
    • What happens when you try to come out of Sleep mode?
    I would suggest you to force shutdown the computer and start the computer and check what happens.

If you are able to login to normal mode then follow the below steps to restore the power setting/plan to default.

• Press Windows + X keys, and select the option
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change plan settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.
    Please post us back with more information and if the issues resolves to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 17, 2020
Thema:

New desktop build works great EXCEPT crashes everytime when entering sleep mode!

1. New desktop build works great EXCEPT crashes everytime when entering sleep mode! - Similar Threads - desktop build works

2. PC crashes when it enters sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashes when it enters sleep: Hi! My PC keeps crashing when it tries to enter sleep mode. It'll try to sleep but ultimately shuts off. I have updated bios and GPU. If there are any documents I need to attach, please let me know. Thank you!...
  3. PC crashes when it enters sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC crashes when it enters sleep: Hi! My PC keeps crashing when it tries to enter sleep mode. It'll try to sleep but ultimately shuts off. I have updated bios and GPU. If there are any documents I need to attach, please let me know. Thank you!...
  4. Windows 10 crash when entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 crash when entering sleep mode: About a week ago O got a blue screen with the stop code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and it said that FLTMGR.SYS failed, after a reboot, it never happened again, but since then, every time I select "sleep" from the power options, my PC crash. At first it looks normal, the screen...
  5. UsbHub3 crashes computer when entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UsbHub3 crashes computer when entering sleep mode: Hi, my computer recently started to crash when it enters sleep mode. When I leave it alone and come back to it, it's restarted. I'm using a Focusrite audio interface and I had issues with newer driver versions before so I used an old one until it started to crash as well....
  6. *FIXED* New desktop build works great EXCEPT crashes everytime when entering sleep mode!

*FIXED* New desktop build works great EXCEPT crashes everytime when entering sleep mode!: ***ISSUE FIXED*** After narrowing down the offending startup item via process of elimination, the issue is with Realtek Audio Universal Service. This service is required to use the fancy "Realtek Audio Console", but audio still works just fine with this process disabled,...
  7. Windows 10 crashes when entering sleep mode

Windows 10 crashes when entering sleep mode: I have had this issue for about two months, and only happens when the computer transitions to sleep mode. Hibernation mode does not cause any crashes. Any ideas? This is the most recent error message I am getting from the Reliability Check. NOTE: I have checked all my...
  8. Windows 10 crashes when entering sleep mode

Windows 10 crashes when entering sleep mode: Hello, A week ago I (finally) updated my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Soon I realized my laptop kept running when I closed the screen. Yesterday I tried the shortcut to get it in sleep mode and saw the blue crash screen pop-up when it enters sleep mode. It gives...
  9. Desktop will not automatically enter sleep mode

Desktop will not automatically enter sleep mode: I've changed power settings (included the advanced settings) to allow sleep to automatically occur after 10 minutes, but the computer doesn't go into sleep mode. It previously went to sleep automatically, but apparently some automatic system updates have changed that feature....
  10. New Desktop Build - Windows Crashes Upon Exiting Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    New Desktop Build - Windows Crashes Upon Exiting Sleep Mode: So I just finished this build Friday and everything seems to be working great while running. My only issue is that I can't get it to wake from sleep mode correctly. Pressing a key on the keyboard/mouse seems to initiate wake but the screen never comes on (backlight on the...