Windows 10: New desktop features: recent activity and multiple destop icons at the top of the screen.

Discus and support New desktop features: recent activity and multiple destop icons at the top of the screen. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I disable this new 'Timeline' thing and how can I reset the multiple desktop icons to the bottom of the screen, please?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by alancsears, Jul 21, 2018.

1. New desktop features: recent activity and multiple destop icons at the top of the screen.

How can I disable this new 'Timeline' thing and how can I reset the multiple desktop icons to the bottom of the screen, please?

:)

alancsears, Jul 21, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Another page/screen

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Windows 10 has a feature to create multiple desktops that can have a wide range of apps. For us to help you with your concern and delete the second desktop, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• On the taskbar, select the Task View icon.
    • Desktop 1 and Desktop 2 will appear at the bottom of your screen.
    • Hover your mouse at the Desktop that you'd like to delete. Click the
      red X icon
      at the top to delete the Desktop permanently.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check this article:
    Multiple desktops in Windows 10
    for further reference.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add "Options" screen + add icon for it

Suggestion:
    The place for the options, namely the top left corner system menu, is a bit strange, most similar programs do not use it like that.
    Most programs use a separate Options (or maybe Settings, whichever sounds best) screen.

So, I suggest for the menu items in the system menu to become like this:
    Restore
    Move
    Size
    Minimize
    Close
    Check for Update...
    Options
    Read Asic Quality
    Launch GPU-Z Instaler
    About...
    (or maybe Always on Top option can also stay)

Also, optionally I suggest adding a Gear or maybe Wrench icon next to the Camera icon in top right.
    When that Gear or Wrench icon is clicked, for the Options/Settings screen to appear.
    Where we have the Tooltips, Always on Top, Tooltip language and the other options.

What do you think? Thanks for any comments!

NOTE: Also, if the Size system menu item as well as the Restore menu item are not needed, they can both be removed. It is not trivial, but there is a way. *Smile New desktop features: recent activity and multiple destop icons at the top of the screen. :)

4. New desktop features: recent activity and multiple destop icons at the top of the screen.

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

New desktop features: recent activity and multiple destop icons at the top of the screen.

1. New desktop features: recent activity and multiple destop icons at the top of the screen. - Similar Threads - desktop features recent

2. Desktop Icons Stuck at top of screen and inaccessible

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons Stuck at top of screen and inaccessible: I changed the scale and layout of my windows 10 desktop, and now can't see the desktop icons, no matter what scale and layout I choose. They're still there, but t they're hidden at the top of the screen, in a box that is the width of the screen and unmovable.My problem is...
  3. Desktop Icons Stuck at top of screen and inaccessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons Stuck at top of screen and inaccessible: I changed the scale and layout of my windows 10 desktop, and now can't see the desktop icons, no matter what scale and layout I choose. They're still there, but t they're hidden at the top of the screen, in a box that is the width of the screen and unmovable.My problem is...
  4. Desktop Icons Stuck at top of screen and inaccessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Desktop Icons Stuck on top of screen and invisible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons Stuck on top of screen and invisible: I have searched the entire morning for an answer for the following question:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-stuck-on-top-of-screen-and-invisible/e9f13362-a204-4a6d-bde3-de4a95162295There is no answer in Microsoft community. I was able to...
  6. Desktop Icons Stuck on top of screen and invisible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icons Stuck on top of screen and invisible: I have searched the entire morning for an answer for the following question:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-stuck-on-top-of-screen-and-invisible/e9f13362-a204-4a6d-bde3-de4a95162295There is no answer in Microsoft community. I was able to...
  7. Desktop Icons Stuck on top of screen and invisible

8. Desktop Icons Stuck on top of screen and invisible

Desktop Icons Stuck on top of screen and invisible: So I was messing around with the Display Settings and I was curious what would happen if I changed the percentage of the of the Scale and Layout manually to about 300. After changing it back however, I now fully regret it because my screen looks fine but my desktop icons are...
  9. Desktop Icon at top of screen

Desktop Icon at top of screen: For some reason my recycle bin icon is stuck at the top of my screen. When my cursor moves to the top of the screen a light blue rectangle that stretches across the entire screen shows up. I can not move the icon. I can not drag it. I have tried changing the size, toggling on...
  10. Desktop icons on multiple screens

Desktop icons on multiple screens: I have 3 monitors. One is designated as my Home monitor. When I save items to my desktop they may go to any of the three monitors (not all 3 just 1) I would like to keep them coraled and on only 1 screen. How can I do that and how can I get all of the existing ones onto a...