Windows 10: New Desktop Folder

Discus and support New Desktop Folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since the last Windows update I can no longer create a new file by right clicking and selecting new. The options are there but If I try to do that my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ThomasEarly, Apr 18, 2019.

1. New Desktop Folder

Since the last Windows update I can no longer create a new file by right clicking and selecting new. The options are there but If I try to do that my computer momentarily freezes then nothing happens. Googling this issue shows I am not alone but I have not yet found a solution that restores this option. Does anyone have a solution that resolves this?

:)

ThomasEarly, Apr 18, 2019

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 18, 2019
  3. gudiya#1 Win User
    creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Thanks, the step you mentioned

Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.
    • Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

It's working for me. But my new folder option is not working anywhere not in desktop as well as not in file explorer. Whenever I am placing my cursor on new folder option, its first spinning for few seconds then goes to close the file
    explorer and refresh the desktop once.

gudiya#1, Apr 18, 2019
  4. New Desktop Folder

Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

New Desktop Folder

1. New Desktop Folder - Similar Threads - Desktop Folder

2. My folders on the desktop will not open on the desktop, they open to the task bar. I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My folders on the desktop will not open on the desktop, they open to the task bar. I...: My folders on the desktop will not open on the desktop, they open to the task bar. I cannot make them bigger. I am using Windows 8.1, No error message at all...
  3. My folders on the desktop will not open on the desktop, they open to the task bar. I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My folders on the desktop will not open on the desktop, they open to the task bar. I...: My folders on the desktop will not open on the desktop, they open to the task bar. I cannot make them bigger. I am using Windows 8.1, No error message at all...
  4. What is this random folder with numbers that showed on my desktop? it contains a few ".cat"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is this random folder with numbers that showed on my desktop? it contains a few ".cat"...: i had a virus the other day, so i installed windows again and on my pc was a file that looked like a long date code, and i opened it and it showed 3 or 4 cat files, and the signature was "microsoft third party component CA 2012". the 9-file opened in notepad and notepad...
  5. What is this random folder with numbers that showed on my desktop? it contains a few ".cat"...

What is this random folder with numbers that showed on my desktop? it contains a few ".cat"...: i had a virus the other day, so i installed windows again and on my pc was a file that looked like a long date code, and i opened it and it showed 3 or 4 cat files, and the signature was "microsoft third party component CA 2012". the 9-file opened in notepad and notepad...
  6. Deleted folder from desktop. Can't recover it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted folder from desktop. Can't recover it: When i uninstalled adobe acrobat some, folders from my desktop deleted themselves not in the recycle bin and when I try to acces them through quick acces it wont open and gives me this message: "C: \Users\anaci\Desktop\BIP PORTUGAL is unavailable. If the location is on this...
  7. Deleted folder from desktop. Can't recover it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted folder from desktop. Can't recover it: When i uninstalled adobe acrobat some, folders from my desktop deleted themselves not in the recycle bin and when I try to acces them through quick acces it wont open and gives me this message: "C: \Users\anaci\Desktop\BIP PORTUGAL is unavailable. If the location is on this...
  8. Deleted folder from desktop. Can't recover it

9. Can't access Desktop folder URGENT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access Desktop folder URGENT: Today, I went onto my computer to find an error message that read:Location is not available C:\Users\mubas\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a...
  10. Can't access Desktop folder URGENT

Can't access Desktop folder URGENT: Today, I went onto my computer to find an error message that read:Location is not available C:\Users\mubas\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a...