Windows 10: New Desktop is sharing with my laptop and laptop sharing with desktop

Discus and support New Desktop is sharing with my laptop and laptop sharing with desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Everything from Steam games, homework assignments, and pictures are being shared between my two computers. I'm a full time student and I just purchased... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tyler_Walker, Oct 15, 2020.

1. New Desktop is sharing with my laptop and laptop sharing with desktop

Everything from Steam games, homework assignments, and pictures are being shared between my two computers. I'm a full time student and I just purchased a PC for gaming. I've had my laptop for a couple years now and since getting my gaming PC, everything on my laptop including all my homework and pictures are downloading onto my gaming PC, and all of my games and software from my gaming PC are downloading onto my laptop, I have already read through some of the recommended fixes like turning off auto updates in the Microsoft store and have tried turning off "sync settings". The only thing I can tell is they use the same Microsoft account.

:)

Tyler_Walker, Oct 15, 2020
  2. BrucePyle Win User

Desktop cannot access shared folders on new laptop over wi-fi

I just bought a new laptop and I have Network Discovery, File Sharing turned ON. I have Password protected sharing turned OFF. Laptop is connected to home Wi-fi as a Private network. Latest update to Windows 10 build 17763.914.

Via File Explorer:

• The laptop has no problem accessing shared folders on my office desktop.
    • On my desktop (build 18362.535), the laptop name is visible in the Network section, but I receive an error message when I select the laptop:
    Windows cannot access \\LAPTOPNAME

Error code: 0x80070035

The network path was not found.

I have already set the Function Discovery Provider Host, Function Discovery Resource Publication, SSDP Discovery, UPnP Device Host to Automatic (delayed start.) They are running.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

BrucePyle, Oct 15, 2020
  3. jdz7t8 Win User
    Buying a new laptop or desktop for gaming [help]

I want to buy either a new laptop or a new desktop for gaming. I want to run games smoothly and maybe even use it for some ps2 emulation. Could someone suggest either a laptop or desktop? I heard Alienware is expensive and over-rated. I was also told Sager laptops are good for gaming. I have about $1000-$1500 to spend on a new machine. Initially I was going to get a laptop but it seems like I would be able to get a more powerful desktop for the same price or less. Please advise. Please suggest a model/brand [desktop/laptop] that I could purchase because I don't think I know enough about computers to build one from scratch.

jdz7t8, Oct 15, 2020
  4. abacus Win User

New Desktop is sharing with my laptop and laptop sharing with desktop

Desktop and Laptop lose sharing

A scenario is that 1) both the laptop and the desktop are connected, can share files back and forth and the laptop can print to the printer that is usb connected to the desktop. Close the lid to the laptop, and 2) the connection is broken. The two computers no longer see each other. 3) BUT I can print from the laptop to the desktop printer without issue. But the network connection is apparently broken. So how can the laptop send a print job to the desktop printer (the printer does NOT have wifi) when the network connection is broken? The printer is a Brother DCP-L2520DW.

I tried that suggestion, but cycling the wifi from on to off to on does not make the laptop re-connect to the desktop. To conserve battery power, I'd rather continue to allow the laptop to sleep when I'm not using it.

abacus, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

New Desktop is sharing with my laptop and laptop sharing with desktop

1. New Desktop is sharing with my laptop and laptop sharing with desktop - Similar Threads - Desktop sharing laptop

2. Sharing a drive on a desktop with a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing a drive on a desktop with a laptop: HELP! I am trying to share a drive containing folders and files on our desktop to a laptop. I have setup the drive, folder, and files to be shared; I have not required a password; etc. Yet, I either get errors saying 1 I need credentials yet without telling me EXACTLY what...
  3. Sharing a drive on a desktop with a laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharing a drive on a desktop with a laptop: HELP! I am trying to share a drive containing folders and files on our desktop to a laptop. I have setup the drive, folder, and files to be shared; I have not required a password; etc. Yet, I either get errors saying 1 I need credentials yet without telling me EXACTLY what...
  4. sharing files between laptop and desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sharing files between laptop and desktop: I have a desktop and a laptop that share files. How can I delete unnecessary files from my laptop without deleting them from my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-files-between-laptop-and-desktop/51fb77ca-e65d-41bf-94a7-90e3f03e2e3c
  5. sharing files between laptop and desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sharing files between laptop and desktop: I have a desktop and a laptop that share files. How can I delete unnecessary files from my laptop without deleting them from my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-files-between-laptop-and-desktop/51fb77ca-e65d-41bf-94a7-90e3f03e2e3c
  6. sharing files between laptop and desktop

7. Sharing Problem: Desktop sees Laptop, but Laptop does not see Desktop

Sharing Problem: Desktop sees Laptop, but Laptop does not see Desktop: I have desktop and laptop on same workgroup and same router. Desktop is ethernet cable attached, laptop via wifi. Both systems are at the same level of Windows 10 Pro X64 - 20H2 19042 Shares were created via "Give Access" in file explorer. The desktop sees the laptop and its...
  8. Desktop sharing

Desktop sharing: How can I share my desktop with other users in same PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-sharing/876dfb36-ac9b-4c2a-8ccc-c660e7f5bba7
  9. Desktop and Laptop lose sharing

Desktop and Laptop lose sharing: I have two Windows 10 machines: a desktop running 1909 18363.657 and a laptop running 1909 18363.592. If both machines are re-started at the same time, the machines can share files and the laptop can print to the printer connected to the desktop. But, when I close the lid on...
  10. Share desktop DVD Drive with Laptop

Share desktop DVD Drive with Laptop: The DVD drive on my laptop died. I often play games like Monopoly on my laptop while watching TV, but they require the DVD in the drive (which doesn't work). Can I share the DVD drive on my desktop with the laptop. I'd put the Monopoly disk in the desktop, re-install from...