Windows 10: New desktop PC in the flat and internet 'lags' a lot more whilst gaming, browsing, watching...

Discus and support New desktop PC in the flat and internet 'lags' a lot more whilst gaming, browsing, watching... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It's a friends new machine and I've noticed that when playing CoD for example the amount of packet loss/lag can be unbearable. Sometimes we time out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ilmjo, Jun 5, 2020.

1. /u/ilmjo Win User

New desktop PC in the flat and internet 'lags' a lot more whilst gaming, browsing, watching...

It's a friends new machine and I've noticed that when playing CoD for example the amount of packet loss/lag can be unbearable. Sometimes we time out completely. Frequency of unreliability has really risen.

It's become very noticeable especially whilst gaming because we usually have 25 ping so it was pretty much perfect but now it seems like every corner I run around I get packet loss, it's probably on average every 15s that it happens. The severity of the lag/packet loss (not sure what to call it) also has increased ie the time it takes to restore back to normal.

Our internet is 50mb down and 10-20mb up, so should easily provide (only) two users with a reliable connection. We don't torrent anything so we're not straining anything.

The problem I don't think is the amount of data that is either being uploaded or downloaded, it's the 'priority' Windows 10 gets over everything else and how often it happens.

Like I said this has only occurred since getting the new PC so I can't see any other option other than windows 10. Literally nothing has changed, always been using over wifi and all of a sudden it's much more rubbish.

I had this before on much slower (5-10mb down) internet whereby the connection would go from just normal to absolutely unusable when gaming. The only change from usable to unusable was that a windows 10 computer was switched on, it didn't even have to be logged in or doing anything.

The PC uses the 5ghz connection and the xbox (1 m further away) uses the 2.4ghz connection.

Does anyone know of a possible fix for this?

Seems W10 is very heavy on resources overall, like you need twice the relative computing spec to achieve the same results these days.

submitted by /u/ilmjo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ilmjo, Jun 5, 2020

2. Internet lags while gaming

Can surf internet with no lag, Playing games like TF2, Gmod, Counter strike :global offensive. Max resolution. cable speed is around 20 mb/s with 5 mbs up
    specs will be listed in 1 min

nathan10007, Jun 5, 2020
  3. New PC

You would have to look up the games Max requirements and buy one that meets and exceeds the games Maximum specifications such as ( Processing Power / Memory requirements / Graphics requirements / Internet connection @ speed requirements ).

A bad or low Internet connection can induce lag.

• OR : Have a custom Computer built for yourself by a reputable agent who possibly is a Gamer his-self and knows his mettle.
    • To save money it would probably be better to do some research on the game and its MAX requirements and Internet Speed requirements for lag free operation " AND " if you are computer savvy build it yourself.

Frank N St31n, Jun 5, 2020
  4. New desktop PC in the flat and internet 'lags' a lot more whilst gaming, browsing, watching...

Card games lagging!

Hi Helena,

If it's an online game, the lag issue may have been caused by your Internet connection. It can also occur due to the game server issue. We'll need to gather a bit more information to better identify what's causing this. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • What card game are you having issues with?
    • Is the issue the same with other games?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?

Meanwhile, if the card game you're playing is downloaded from Windows Store, we suggest running the
    Windows apps troubleshooter. The apps troubleshooter can help resolve issues with games and applications downloaded from Windows Store.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

New desktop PC in the flat and internet 'lags' a lot more whilst gaming, browsing, watching...

1. New desktop PC in the flat and internet 'lags' a lot more whilst gaming, browsing, watching... - Similar Threads - desktop flat internet

2. Game lags, lots of wifi issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game lags, lots of wifi issues: So this has been going for a while now. Every time I play a game I lag. Even on ethernet cable. Furthermore download/upload speeds are horrible. At one point it reached below 10mbps without anyone using wifi. Keep in mind this does not happen for other devices and for other...
  3. Game lags, lots of wifi issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game lags, lots of wifi issues: So this has been going for a while now. Every time I play a game I lag. Even on ethernet cable. Furthermore download/upload speeds are horrible. At one point it reached below 10mbps without anyone using wifi. Keep in mind this does not happen for other devices and for other...
  4. PC lags a lot in big games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC lags a lot in big games: In games if the stuff in the game is bag after a few minutes I think depending on the game my pc will lag a lot not like just the game my whole pc and its there forever so if I close the game and re open it the game will still lag Note: I already did a system recovery so if...
  5. PC lags a lot in big games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC lags a lot in big games: In games if the stuff in the game is bag after a few minutes I think depending on the game my pc will lag a lot not like just the game my whole pc and its there forever so if I close the game and re open it the game will still lag Note: I already did a system recovery so if...
  6. Lag Mouse on new desktop PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lag Mouse on new desktop PC: Never had this problem before. Tried a bunch of recommendations found online, some of them that went deep in the system, but nothing worked. Last thing I tried was to try and move the mouse away from the wifi router but that also did nothing. Not sure if just mouse or other...
  7. New PC build lagging in every game, with good internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New PC build lagging in every game, with good internet.: I recently had Geek Squad upgrade my PC with a new Motherboard, CPU, Ram. x570 gaming edge wifi, ryzen 7 3800x, 16gb ram, 1TB SSD, GTX 1060 6gb All drivers are up to date and fresh windows install. My computer stays connected to the internet fine. I am using an ethernet...
  8. Flat desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Support
    Flat desktop icons?: This look can't be right? [img] What do I need to do to make some 'saved shortcuts' to my desktop more transparent? 145913
  9. lots of BSOD on my new pc while gaming or watching online movies

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    lots of BSOD on my new pc while gaming or watching online movies: hello, i am new here. i recently bought a new configuration. i started with installing win 8.1 since i had a license then upgraded to win 10. the bsods started in win 8.1 and keep going even now, while playing skyrim, even heartstone. i also get bsod while browsing...
  10. BSOD while playing games, browsing internet, watching videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while playing games, browsing internet, watching videos: Hello and thank you so much in advance for any help you can give me. For the past month or so I've been getting more and more BSODs with different error messages each time. They mainly occur when I'm playing games (Starcraft 2, Battlefield 1, Infinite Warfare), browsing the...