Windows 10: New Desktop randomly crashes to black screen after normal operation

Discus and support New Desktop randomly crashes to black screen after normal operation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is my first time posting so thank you for any advice or insight My new PC which I've just built has been randomly crashing to a black screen,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by armymedtech, Jan 12, 2018.

1. New Desktop randomly crashes to black screen after normal operation

This is my first time posting so thank you for any advice or insight

My new PC which I've just built has been randomly crashing to a black screen, no BSOD...

It occurs randomly, sometimes not for days, othertimes multiple times within a day. I will usually be surfing the net, it has crashed once when I was gaming.

Sepcs of PC outlined below:
    - Saved Part Lists - PCPartPicker Canada

Event viewer shows this after every crash:

Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

EventID 41, Version 6, Task 63

- EventData

BugcheckCode 0
    BugcheckParameter1 0x0
    BugcheckParameter2 0x0
    BugcheckParameter3 0x0
    BugcheckParameter4 0x0
    SleepInProgress 0
    PowerButtonTimestamp 0
    BootAppStatus 0
    Checkpoint 0
    ConnectedStandbyInProgress false
    SystemSleepTransitionsToOn 0
    CsEntryScenarioInstanceId 0
    BugcheckInfoFromEFI true
    CheckpointStatus 0

I will often get this error just before the crash occurs:

Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM

EventID 10016, Version 0, Task 0

- EventData

param1 application-specific
    param2 Local
    param3 Activation
    param4 {6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52}
    param5 {4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D}
    param6 NT AUTHORITY
    param7 LOCAL SERVICE
    param8 S-1-5-19
    param9 LocalHost (Using LRPC)
    param10 Unavailable
    param11 Unavailable

What I have done so far reading various threads:

Updated all drivers
    Flashed bios to latest version
    Memory check with Memtest86
    Checked for bad sectors on all my hard drives (none found)
    Disabled audio drivers as I have two installed
    Tried different power settings
    Ensured all cables and connections were properly secured

DM log report is attached below

Thank you!

:)

armymedtech, Jan 12, 2018

2. MSVCR100.dll not designed to run on windows or containes an error for windows 10.

So, this stopped the error on starting up when on the desktop but still randomly after like 10 minutes all periphrials become unresponsive, all screens go black and say disconnected the speakers make a buzzing sound before turning off and the pc is basically
    crashed. Internally all fans are still on and the graphics card aswell along with the power supply. I cannot figure out why it keeps randomly crashing. Sometimes it doesn't crash at all and I can be on it working and filling out scholarship apps for hours.
    Or. It crashes 3 times in twenty minutes.

DavidAWitte, Jan 12, 2018
  3. windows 10 browsers crashing after cumulative update KB4090913

Black screen and system crashes randomly when using browsers . Reboot is then required

billt49thompson, Jan 12, 2018
  4. zbook New Member

New Desktop randomly crashes to black screen after normal operation

The website has strict rules on piracy.
    Please comment on Adobe licensing.

zbook, Jan 12, 2018
  5. Thank you for reminding me of the piracy policy. I have uninstalled adobe. Also I have reattached the new DM Log report with adobe removed. Of note, I am running and inactivated version of windows, from what I understand this is not considered piracy.

6. zbook New Member
    What do you mean by inactivated version of windows?

Please run this log collector and post a new zip:
    log collector v2-beta06.zip

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    slmgr /dlv
    Use one drive or drop box to post a share link into the thread.

zbook, Jan 12, 2018
  7. I've ran the new log collector, see zip attached below

I've also ran the "slmgr /dlv" on cmd prompt as instructed. I've attached the results as a jpg

8. zbook New Member

Originally Posted by armymedtech
    New Desktop randomly crashes to black screen after normal operation [​IMG]

Thank you for reminding me of the piracy policy. I have uninstalled adobe. Also I have reattached the new DM Log report with adobe removed. Of note, I am running and inactivated version of windows, from what I understand this is not considered piracy.

This is from post #4.
    Please explain WIndows inactivated version.

zbook, Jan 12, 2018
  9. Ztruker Win User
    No dumps in the zips you uploaded.

I did see a lot of these in the event logs though:
    Code: Event[4249]: Log Name: System Source: Netwtw04 Date: 2018-01-12T23:40:47.586 Event ID: 5002 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-L6B3E4A Description: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly.[/quote] Code: Event[4255]: Log Name: System Source: Netwtw04 Date: 2018-01-12T23:40:47.586 Event ID: 5005 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-L6B3E4A Description: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.[/quote] The one you have is c:\windows\system32\drivers\netwtw04.sys (19.50.1.6, 7.33 MB (7,689,728 bytes), 2017-09-29 8:40 AM)
    There is a newer one here: Downloads for Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 - 20.10.0 dated 2017-12-19. Try it, see if it makes a difference.

It's also possible the NIC is going bad and needs to be replaced.

Ztruker, Jan 12, 2018
  10. I was running and inactivated version of windows when the crashes first started happening as I lost my old activation key when I was building my computer. I thought that might have been the problem and leading to the crashes. I have activated windows with a key and the crashes are still happening... is there any other explanation you require?

Thank you Ztruker, I will try the new driver you suggested and report back.

11. Thanks for the suggestion Ztruker, however most recent crash after the driver update took place while I was surfing the internet. Itunes was on as well. I still have not been able to find a pattern which can get the computer to crash reliably so difficult to find the problem....

12. zbook New Member
    Download and install Everything:
    voidtools

It appears that pirated Adobe software may have reappeared on the computer or was incompletely removed.
    Search for any pirated software and remove it so that you can comply with the the no piracy website rule.
    Rule 4
    Forum Rules - Windows 10 Forums

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. New Desktop randomly crashes to black screen after normal operation - Similar Threads - Desktop randomly crashes

2. Random Black Screen Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Black Screen Crashes: Hi all!I've been having issues where my screen randomly goes black and my PC crashes. Sometimes I can still hear audio in the background and sometimes it's a full on crash. Things I've tried:1. Updated all drivers2. Underclocked GPU3. Set GPU to Max performance from Nvidia...
  3. Random Black Screen Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Black Screen Crashes: Hi all!I've been having issues where my screen randomly goes black and my PC crashes. Sometimes I can still hear audio in the background and sometimes it's a full on crash. Things I've tried:1. Updated all drivers2. Underclocked GPU3. Set GPU to Max performance from Nvidia...
  4. Random black screen crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random black screen crashes: For almost a year now I've been having crashes with no discernible source, seemingly at random. I could be browsing the internet, playing a game, or literally doing nothing. Sometimes I've had my computer crash after a restart before I can even open a program. When it first...
  5. Random black screen crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random black screen crashes: For almost a year now I've been having crashes with no discernible source, seemingly at random. I could be browsing the internet, playing a game, or literally doing nothing. Sometimes I've had my computer crash after a restart before I can even open a program. When it first...
  6. Random black screen crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Black screen instead of "Choose an operating system menu", then normal boot probably after...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen instead of "Choose an operating system menu", then normal boot probably after...: Hello, I had Windows 10 installed on one partition, and then installed Windows 10 on another partition. The first time I restarted the laptop after the installation finished, I got the "Choose an operating system" you know, the blue menu with white font menu with the two...
  8. Random Black Screen Crashes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Black Screen Crashes: My computer will randomly crash to a black screen, continue audio for a little bit, then nothing. This usually occurs when streaming video, but occasionally occurs when browsing or doing something else. However, it has never crashed while playing a video game. I've tried the...
  9. PC crashes randomly with black screen

PC crashes randomly with black screen: While it is hapaning i cant do anyting i cat even force close i reinstaled the graphic driver but it doesent work i need help asap please! ***Original Title: Random crash whit black screen***...
  10. Random crash whit black screen

Random crash whit black screen: While it is hapaning i cant do anyting i cat even force close i reinstaled the graphic driver but it doesent work i need help asap please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-crash-whit-black-screen/d9e3ff06-10c5-4796-bd21-f0189e2a6bf8