Windows 10: new desktop set up

Discus and support new desktop set up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; new desktop, went through setup and now cannot login so never got to windows desktop. How do I redo the setup or bypass the login? Tried to restore but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HW_wine, May 19, 2020.

1. HW_wine Win User

new desktop set up

new desktop, went through setup and now cannot login so never got to windows desktop. How do I redo the setup or bypass the login? Tried to restore but it wants an admin and there is none. Windows 10 pro 64.

:)

HW_wine, May 19, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 19, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 19, 2020
  4. new desktop set up

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 19, 2020
Thema:

new desktop set up

1. new desktop set up - Similar Threads - desktop set

2. When I set up my desktop I had a typo in the email which now setting up my new laptop I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I set up my desktop I had a typo in the email which now setting up my new laptop I...: When I set up my desktop, I had a typo in the email which now setting up my new laptop I noticed instead of @icloud.com I have @icoud.com is there any way to get it fixed?I cannot verify my current email on my desktop as that is the one that has the typo....
  3. When I set up my desktop I had a typo in the email which now setting up my new laptop I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I set up my desktop I had a typo in the email which now setting up my new laptop I...: When I set up my desktop, I had a typo in the email which now setting up my new laptop I noticed instead of @icloud.com I have @icoud.com is there any way to get it fixed?I cannot verify my current email on my desktop as that is the one that has the typo....
  4. "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option in the Taskbar settings turns...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option in the Taskbar settings turns...: ... as per title. This is a user setting and the OS should never turn it off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatically-hide-the-taskbar-in-desktop-mode/1cf1199d-0c26-4f52-b9ac-dd28cf965a68
  5. "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option in the Taskbar settings turns...

"Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option in the Taskbar settings turns...: ... as per title. This is a user setting and the OS should never turn it off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatically-hide-the-taskbar-in-desktop-mode/1cf1199d-0c26-4f52-b9ac-dd28cf965a68
  6. "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option in the Taskbar settings turns...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting....: KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting. there is no way to change the taskbar to a solid color anymore You had your desktop and your taskbar had a solid color so you could see your app icons and the time and date. Now you...
  8. KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting....

KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting....: KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting. there is no way to change the taskbar to a solid color anymore You had your desktop and your taskbar had a solid color so you could see your app icons and the time and date. Now you...
  9. Why do I have to set a password for my PC for allowing Remote Desktop Connection??? Why...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have to set a password for my PC for allowing Remote Desktop Connection??? Why...: Why do I have to set a password for my PC for allowing Remote Desktop Connection??? Why can't I just do it without setting up any password of my PC? Remove this **** ****....
  10. Why do I have to set a password for my PC for allowing Remote Desktop Connection??? Why...

Why do I have to set a password for my PC for allowing Remote Desktop Connection??? Why...: Why do I have to set a password for my PC for allowing Remote Desktop Connection??? Why can't I just do it without setting up any password of my PC? Remove this **** ****....