Windows 10: New Desktop Shortcut does Not show up in my Start Menu

Discus and support New Desktop Shortcut does Not show up in my Start Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; New Desktop Shortcut does Not show up in my Start Menu I created 2 New shortcuts 1 for Shutdown Per Not A Real Problem, Just annoying One! - Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by purplemtn, Mar 18, 2016.

1. purplemtn Win User

New Desktop Shortcut does Not show up in my Start Menu

I created 2 New shortcuts 1 for Shutdown Per Not A Real Problem, Just annoying One! - Windows 10 Forums
    %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe /s /t 0

and 1 for Restart per Solved How to create a reboot shortcut? - Windows 10 Forums
    %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe /r /t 0

I change the Icon on both of them with icons I downloaded.

They were added to and work fine from my Taskbar { Deleted Desk Top Shortcuts } , but if I click on Pin to Start neither of them show up in my Start Menu nor under Apps .

"alphanumeric I use a shortcut, pinned to my taskbar and start menu. "

I did Reboot.

Any Ideas or help ?

Thank You Rick

:)

purplemtn, Mar 18, 2016
  2. Mornon Win User

App in start menu

I installed a new app, and it showed in start menu, but since when I deleted the shortcut on my desktop I can't make it show anymore in start menu: the app is in the alphabetical list if I open the start menu, the shortcut is in the start menu folders (both
    common and account), I rebuild the index, but if I open start menu and type the app's name it doesn't find it. I also tried to put again the shortcut on desktop, but nothing happened.

Also, I deleted one app, there is no shortcut to it in start menu folders, but if I type its name it still find it (but can't open it, naturally).

How can I fix these issues?

Mornon, Mar 18, 2016
  3. windows 10 Briefcase slow to open

This assumes that you have installed Microsoft briefcase in win 10.

The question is why does it take so long for the briefcase to open?

Here are the steps.

A. briefcase function slow

1. Shortcut to a folder which is in a briefcase is located on start menu.

2. open start menu and double click on shortcut.

3. wait 15 seconds for folder to open.

B. desktop opens slow

1. Click file explorer on taskbar.

2. Click Desktop. display shows "working on it" . 7 seconds later desktop appears.

C. simple fix, but why does this work is the question.

1. create a new briefcase with nothing in it, place in start menu

2. open start menu and click on new briefcase

3. new briefcase opens immediately.

4. open start menu

5. click on original shortcut to file in briefcase.

6. file opens immediately.

7. repeat steps to open desktop.

8. desktop opens immediately.

jefersonkarchin, Mar 18, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Usually when I pin something to the Start menu it ends up at the bottom of the list of Tiles so I click it to drag back up to the top of that list.

Berton, Mar 18, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    I do not customize the shortcut.
    I pinned it to Start and it shows up at Start..............................

New Desktop Shortcut does Not show up in my Start Menu [​IMG]

davidhk, Mar 18, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Create another shortcut(just copy the one you have now) and paste in: C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Cliff S, Mar 18, 2016
  7. purplemtn Win User
    davidhk "I do not customize the shortcut."
    I created a New short %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe /s /t 0 left it as is No Changes..

It Still does Not Show Up

Rick

purplemtn, Mar 18, 2016
  8. purplemtn Win User

Cliff S
    "Create another shortcut(just copy the one you have now) and paste in: C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"

That worked . . . Thank You

Rick

purplemtn, Mar 18, 2016
  9. purplemtn Win User
    Somehow I missed you post , I did look at the whole Start Menu

Thanks for your Inut.

Rick

purplemtn, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. New Desktop Shortcut does Not show up in my Start Menu - Similar Threads - Desktop Shortcut does

2. Windows Start Menu not showing up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Start Menu not showing up.: Hello together,we have a User with a broken start menu on his laptop. Hitting the win key, or pressing it with a mouse will result to a colored icon, but not open up the menu. Details:This Error only occurs for one specific user on this machine. It happens on windows 10 and...
  3. Windows Start Menu not showing up.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Start Menu not showing up.: Hello together,we have a User with a broken start menu on his laptop. Hitting the win key, or pressing it with a mouse will result to a colored icon, but not open up the menu. Details:This Error only occurs for one specific user on this machine. It happens on windows 10 and...
  4. Prevent the "new" tag from showing up in the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent the "new" tag from showing up in the start menu: Is there a way to prevent the "new" tag from showing up in the start menu every time a program is installed? 146884
  5. Start menu not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu not showing up: Neither this or searching menu don't show up help submitted by /u/Kamiks0320 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e0o9xv/start_menu_not_showing_up/
  6. Start menu not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu not showing up: Neither this or searching menu don't show up help submitted by /u/Kamiks0320 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e0o9xv/start_menu_not_showing_up/
  7. New Windows 10 Laptop start up shows me the windows start menu not desktop

New Windows 10 Laptop start up shows me the windows start menu not desktop: I would like to open my laptop to desktop. Instead I get all the App tiles (I actually hate that) I have restarted I have rightclicked an empty space (no response) I have tried using the task bar to get there I work off of my desk top so 1. How do I open to desk top...
  8. Desktop, Taskbar and Start Menu not showing.

Desktop, Taskbar and Start Menu not showing.: The Desktop, Taskbar, Start Menu and Windows Key (Command) aren't showing up or working, not even on Safe Mode. I am using Windows 10 on a MacBook Pro 9. Bootcamp wasn't working properly before, so I restored it with the latest drivers and reset PRAM, which got it working...
  9. Start menu doesn't show up

Start menu doesn't show up: HI, my pc is having this simple problem: when left clicking on the start icon the start menu doesn't show up, instead the icon background chances colour from black to white. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Other info: - full screen start menu mode works. - the start menu works with...
  10. "Desktop" shortcut for full-screen start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Desktop" shortcut for full-screen start menu?: My mom just got a new tablet which came with Windows 10. I'm trying to set it up to be as similar as she was used to with Windows 8.1 I know with the full-screen start menu, you can technically just press the Windows key a second time to return to the desktop view you were...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start menu shortcut does not show