Windows 10: New Device Fails to Reactivate Windows

Discus and support New Device Fails to Reactivate Windows in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I recently upgraded several parts of my computer's hardware Christmas!, and in doing so, I am being asked to reactivate my windows product key.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TylerAB, Dec 28, 2019.

1. TylerAB Win User

New Device Fails to Reactivate Windows

Hi,

I recently upgraded several parts of my computer's hardware Christmas!, and in doing so, I am being asked to reactivate my windows product key.

I tried reactivating my windows product key, but, it fails to work every time. I tried all the given online troubleshooting guides as well as the built in troubleshooter. No luck.

I don't know my product key, as I was given a free windows 10 upgrade from windows 7 years ago. I'm not sure how to proceed, as I am certainly not going to purchase a product key again, when I was given one for free from W7.

Thanks.

:)

TylerAB, Dec 28, 2019
  2. EdTittel Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 28, 2019
  3. Sachy2007 Win User
    Reactivation Failed

I have just recently replaced my motherboard/processor and I reformatted my windows hard drive. I gone through the hardware changes steps, I chose the old machine listed on my account and clicked on ACTIVATE.

It now tells me that:

"Unable to activate Windows

We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later."

What am I missing here?

Sachy2007, Dec 28, 2019
  4. titan5800 Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

my bios is and custom unlocked bios (latest version) (thanks to Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source ) because of lenovo hardware whitlist maybe thats causing the problem???

titan5800, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

1. New Device Fails to Reactivate Windows - Similar Threads - Device Fails Reactivate

2. Windows 10 Reactivation fails

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Reactivation fails: Windows 10 Pro previously activated on PCPC broke downBought new Computer and use previously activated Win 10Win 10 can't be activatedFails with Code 0xC004C008Went throught Phone Install-ID Activation Fails when i answer question on how many computers i activated win 10 my...
  3. Windows 10 Reactivation fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Reactivation fails: Windows 10 Pro previously activated on PCPC broke downBought new Computer and use previously activated Win 10Win 10 can't be activatedFails with Code 0xC004C008Went throught Phone Install-ID Activation Fails when i answer question on how many computers i activated win 10 my...
  4. Windows 10 Reactivation fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. reactivating windows on other device

reactivating windows on other device: hi I am installed windows on other device now I have also liked my system to this email I where windows digital key activation linked but system still not activated....
  6. reactivating Windows on new laptop

reactivating Windows on new laptop: Hi.. I'm going to buy new laptop,because on my old on I have broken screen.My question is...how can I activate my Windows 10 pro on my new laptop from old one..I bought product key online and it is Windows 10 pro......
  7. Reactivating windows on a new laptop

Reactivating windows on a new laptop: Hi, I had purchased a digital license of windows 10 pro on my old laptop in March 2019. I recently purchased a new laptop and I have been trying to install and activate windows 10 pro on my new laptop through the microsoft store. But it is not giving me an option to...
  8. Reactivating Windows With A New Computer

Reactivating Windows With A New Computer: Hi there team, So I got myself a new computer due to my old one dying on me. The old one was Windows 10 Pro and had it come with the motherboard. I installed Windows 10 Home on my new PC and when I used the Activation Troubleshooter after singing into my microsoft...
  9. reactivate a device

reactivate a device: Hi, my laptop got deactivated from my account recently and I want to renew the activation. It tells me to contact my admin to sort this but, I'm not entirely sure who my admin would be. could you help?...
  10. New Reactivation Of Windows 10

New Reactivation Of Windows 10: Hello, Today I installed new hardware onto my computer, I have never changed motherboards and cpu at the same time so I figured it would be a wise idea to do a clean install of windows 10 whilst I did it to clean the compute of any possible artifacts and such. I made sure to...