Windows 10: New Device Setup Issues

Discus and support New Device Setup Issues in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new computer when I encountered a problem. I have an office 365 account for school, and I am signed into my current computer... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Mac DePriest, Dec 6, 2019.

1. New Device Setup Issues

I recently purchased a new computer when I encountered a problem.

I have an office 365 account for school, and I am signed into my current computer with this account.

However, when I tried to sign into this account on my new device for the initial setup, I was told that this account does not exist. I am quite confused, does my account not exist? Is there some limitation for a school account? or perhaps some other issue?

Any and all help is appreciated,

Thanks!

If it is of relevance, my version of office is office 365 A1 for students.

:)

Mac DePriest, Dec 6, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 6, 2019
  3. Issues with accessing playback devices after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Vohn,

As you are facing issues with accessing the playback device option on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated audio drivers, try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article try the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 6, 2019
  4. New Device Setup Issues

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

New Device Setup Issues

1. New Device Setup Issues - Similar Threads - Device Setup Issues

2. New pc setup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New pc setup: I want to set up a new computer for use in my own home for me only as a local user with no password and no need for system administrator overrides or permissions to access any and all files and folders on my own computer. Are their instructions for doing this? I also want...
  3. PowerBI Setup User issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    PowerBI Setup User issue: Hi I am very new to Microsoft PowerBI technology. I have one windows server and the other a SQL Cluster that is given to me with a user which has dbcreator role. The installation of PowerBI RS went fine but during configuration, I have used domain user which is added as...
  4. cortana device setup is currently not available

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    cortana device setup is currently not available: For some reason im unable download the Cortana device setup . Ive tried rebooting my system and my app store. Keeps giving me "device setup is currently not available" and i can't find a solution anywhere. Please help...
  5. Device setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device setup: Device setup randomly appeared in my laptop. Can i close it? Also, the progress bar is stuck on 5-10%. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-setup/86402d5c-914d-41fe-a588-4211081c7a5f
  6. New PC Windows10 Setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New PC Windows10 Setup: Just received two brand new Windows 10 Dell PCs. Trying to get through the initial setup but, it won't accept my email address, saying "This doesn't look like a work or school email address. Use another address or select 'Back' to set up Windows with your Microsoft...
  7. A New Network Printer Setup

A New Network Printer Setup: Hello All, We have a new network printer in the office and wanted to set up for more than 100+ PCs We have 1511,1709 and 1803 mix version windows installed. Active Directory 2012 and All PCs in Domain joined. What is the best option or tool for installing this HP LaserJet...
  8. Usb composite device setup and ready

Usb composite device setup and ready: Win10. What does this message on boot up mean "USB composite device setup and ready.." ? The machine was just beset with a bug, flashing a message about 'last usb device connected not recognised..' and we couldn't find anything wrong in device manager or anywhere......
  9. Windows Setup Issue with UAC

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Setup Issue with UAC: I have an issue with error message coming up when I try to open Edge [img] I believe this is caused by setting up my laptop as me as the only with administrator rights. I have set the setting below because I cannot live with the constant messages every time I open an...
  10. NEW PC Setup

NEW PC Setup: Hi All Newer Gaming PC from Asus arriving by Monday, getting things in order So far got all the drivers for the external hardware Plan on transferring sorta new ssd to the new machine, will be used as boot drive First gonna do system image of current hard drive in the...