Windows 10: new disk ssd and new desktop

Discus and support new disk ssd and new desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want my old Desktop back but i dont want do download all the stuff on my ssd (Windows 10 pro ) so if there is a way to linkt the old desktop to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pristar123, Dec 16, 2018.

1. new disk ssd and new desktop

I want my old Desktop back but i dont want do download all the stuff on my ssd (Windows 10 pro )

so if there is a way to linkt the old desktop to the new one please tell me thankts !

:)

Pristar123, Dec 16, 2018

2. Install Windows 10 on new SSD disk

What is the procedure to install Windows 10 on new SSD disk? Should I first install it on running old disk with Windows 7 and then install it again on the new SSD installed on the same PC?

Martin Kovac, Dec 16, 2018
  3. JimPta Win User
    How to add SSD as boot disk on new Dell XPS 8700 with Windows 10?

Goal: Add a Samsung EVO 500GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD and make it the boot disk for a new Dell 8700 running pre-installed Windows 10.

Questions:

• Do I have to change the BIOS from IRST to AHCI?

• Can I transfer the OS from the original C: drive to the SSD via

EasyUS Todo Backup
      ?

• Do I need the Windows installation disks?
    Background:

Using a StarTEC USB 3.0 to 2.5 SATA III Hard Drive adapter cable, I connected the new SSD to the new Dell 8700 via USB. The Dell transfer tools, and Dell Navigator, did not recognize the SSD. I later read a post that said that these Dell tools did
    not yet work with Windows 10. As suggested in another post, I did get the transfer to work using EasyUS Todo. I copied Windows 10 to the SSD. I then installed it internally in one of the empty drive bays. Windows 10 file manager recognized the drive and I
    was able to see that Windows was indeed copied on it.

But, before I change the Boot Sequence to start with the SSD, I would like to know if the OS transfer will indeed work and\or whether the BIOs needs to be changed from IRST to AHCI (if yes, how).

Finally, Windows disks, usually orderable from PC manufacturers, are not yet available from Dell. Alternatively, the “create USB recovery disk” goes in an endless loop even though I am trying to create one using a new 32GB San Disk USB drive.

Any other things I need to do in order to make this SSD boot configuration to work?

Thanks!

JimPta, Dec 16, 2018
  4. organDan Win User

new disk ssd and new desktop

stuck after adding SSD to my new Lenovo desktop

I planned to migrate Windows 10 from my new Lenovo desktop's C: drive with a 1T HDD to a newly-installed SSD. Cloning the OS (and a few other C: files) to the new SSD with EaseUS Todo seemed to go successfully, but I don't know how to complete the process
    - here's why....

The Lenovo boots successfully when ONLY the HDD drive is disconnected, and the C: drive is the SSD. All installed programs run normally.

But when I restart with both drives connected, I have a Windows A: drive (SSD) and Windows C: drive, and don't know which I'm booting from. I can't use Disk Manager (or EaseUS Todo) to wipe / reformat the HDD, because it has a boot partition, and neither
    software will let me.

I don't care what letter drive the SSD is, as long as I can boot from it, and use the HDD however I want, but I can't get there. What do I do now? This can't be a very hard problem to solve, but I am very eager to hear suggestions on how to proceed. Thanks

--Dan

organDan, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

new disk ssd and new desktop

1. new disk ssd and new desktop - Similar Threads - disk ssd desktop

2. Change my local disk old ssd to new ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change my local disk old ssd to new ssd: Hello this month i want to buy new 1tb Nvme m.2 and My laptop is Rog Strix G17. I already see the Motherboard and there's 2 slot SSD 2280. One already use is 500Gb. And one more is empty. And my Question is when i insert new ssd, can i change the local disk to my new nvme and...
  3. There is No “Initialize Disk” Option for My New SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is No “Initialize Disk” Option for My New SSD?: I’m setting up my friend’s new SSD, but I’m having trouble initializing it. It’s listed as Disk 0, is online, and is unallocated, but nevertheless the only options I get when I right-click it are to Convert to Dynamic Disk and Convert to MBR Disk. What’s going on here?...
  4. There is No “Initialize Disk” Option for My New SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is No “Initialize Disk” Option for My New SSD?: I’m setting up my friend’s new SSD, but I’m having trouble initializing it. It’s listed as Disk 0, is online, and is unallocated, but nevertheless the only options I get when I right-click it are to Convert to Dynamic Disk and Convert to MBR Disk. What’s going on here?...
  5. New Samsung SSD not seen by Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Samsung SSD not seen by Disk Manager: Bios sees the new SSD, device manager sees the new SSD, but Disk Manager is blind! Device manager says SSD is working properly and has the best Driver. I can't seem to find an answer as to why the new SSD is not seen by the Disk Manager. I cannot Initialize the SSD because...
  6. New Samsung SSD not seen by Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Samsung SSD not seen by Disk Manager: Bios sees the new SSD, device manager sees the new SSD, but Disk Manager is blind! Device manager says SSD is working properly and has the best Driver. I can't seem to find an answer as to why the new SSD is not seen by the Disk Manager. I cannot Initialize the SSD because...
  7. New Samsung SSD not seen by Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Unable to clone new SSD for System Disk

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unable to clone new SSD for System Disk: Hi, I have purchased a Crucial MX500 to increase storage over the existing 250GB SSD I have tried to use Crucial's clone software (Acronis), and also Media Creation but the clone fails every time, (well it doesn't fail but the new SSD is not bootable). I have run chkdsk for...
  9. Unable to clone new SSD for System Disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to clone new SSD for System Disk: Hi, I have purchased a Crucial MX500 to increase storage over the existing 250GB SSD I have tried to use Crucial's clone software (Acronis), and also Media Creation but the clone fails every time, (well it doesn't fail but the new SSD is not bootable). I have run chkdsk for...
  10. New pc with SSD and hard disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New pc with SSD and hard disk: How do I configure Windows 10 to use my SSD for programs and D: drive for data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-pc-with-ssd-and-hard-disk/368f5882-86dd-4125-8b1d-920ec00241ae

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if im adding a new ssd to my new desktop do i need to migrate any data to it?

2. internal ssd not initialized windows 10