Windows 10: New .dll files in my Documents folder?

Discus and support New .dll files in my Documents folder? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently downloaded a program called TaskbarX and accidentally installed it in my documents folder. However I noticed around 20 .dll files in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lukas_27, Aug 7, 2020.

1. New .dll files in my Documents folder?

I recently downloaded a program called TaskbarX and accidentally installed it in my documents folder. However I noticed around 20 .dll files in the documents folder that were not there before. A lot of them start with System like System.Data.dll. The type is “application extension” which i’m guessing means it’s for the TaskbarX program. I tried uninstalling the program but those files were still there. Is it safe to delete all of the .dll files? Thanks.

submitted by /u/Lukas_27
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lukas_27, Aug 7, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

My Documents Files - Deleted?

I have a PC where I have moved My Docs away from my C: to my E: so i can perhaps suggest a few things to check.

1. The documents and settings folder will still be present on your C: (although unused)
    2. My Documents on my E: is shown as E:\Data (do you have a similar directory)
    3. Is your missing data in this \Data folder if it exists?
    4. If you click the My Documents shortcut does it take you to the default C:\doc and settings\blah blah, or does it take you to the \Data folder?

Ive had a similar issue with an application resetting the My Docs path back to its orig location and in essence orphaning the My Docs on my E:

IggSter, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Dia01 Win User
    My Documents Files - Deleted?

Thanks for the reply though my drive letter is actually F:\ and does not show a Data folder. When I click on the shortcut it takes me straight to my (administrators name)/Documents, so the link is correct. Not sure what happened.

Dia01, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

New .dll files in my Documents folder?

.DLL file

Hi Jerry,

Specific programs use DLL files to function properly in a Windows environment. If the DLL file gets misplaced, deleted, or corrupted, the error "____.dll is missing" appears. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide
    the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before this started happening, like installing or uninstalling a program?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you disable your Startup programs to isolate the cause of the error. To do this, follow these steps:

• Right-click the taskbar and select Task Manager.
    • Click More details.
    • Go to the Startup tab.
    • Right-click every listed program and choose Disable.
    • Restart your computer and check if the issue persists.
    • If the error disappears, enable one of the programs and restart your computer to check if the error reappears; this is to pinpoint exactly which program is causing the error. Do this for all Startup programs until you find the cause.
    • Once you've found the program that's causing the error, you can then try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

We'll wait for your response and the results of the troubleshooting.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

New .dll files in my Documents folder?

1. New .dll files in my Documents folder? - Similar Threads - dll files Documents

2. Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...: At first, I accidentally moved the Documents folder to the root drive folder E:/ and I moved it back by restoring registry files to their defaults.Now I correctly made a Documents folder E:/Documents and moved the folder there. However, while I can access the folder from the...
  3. Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...: At first, I accidentally moved the Documents folder to the root drive folder E:/ and I moved it back by restoring registry files to their defaults.Now I correctly made a Documents folder E:/Documents and moved the folder there. However, while I can access the folder from the...
  4. New documents/folders/files are encrypted by default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New documents/folders/files are encrypted by default: I am using Windows 11 Pro PC came with Windows 10 Pro. One time I encrypted a file using the built in encryption that comes with pro versions of Windows. But now, any new document I create is encrypted by default, and I have to uncheck the encryption box. How do I stop new...
  5. New documents/folders/files are encrypted by default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New documents/folders/files are encrypted by default: I am using Windows 11 Pro PC came with Windows 10 Pro. One time I encrypted a file using the built in encryption that comes with pro versions of Windows. But now, any new document I create is encrypted by default, and I have to uncheck the encryption box. How do I stop new...
  6. Deleting files and folders in Documents folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting files and folders in Documents folder.: Why I cant delete folders and files in my documents folder also on some folders like videos and pictures. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-files-and-folders-in-documents-folder/65b04852-3916-4099-b1ac-585106682994
  7. Making a New "My Documents" folder

Making a New "My Documents" folder: To make more room on C: drive, I used the move folder to "E" drive. I followed the guidance, Properties, location, move folder. However, it moved all the files and folders into the "E" drive main directory, and did not create a "My Documents" folder on "E". In effect, "E" is...
  8. Files and folders in My Documents have disappeared!

Files and folders in My Documents have disappeared!: Help! A couple of days ago I was saving a document and it said it could not find the file location. That is when I discovered all of the files and folders in My Documents have disappeared! The only folder in My Documents is Custom Office Templates and it's empty. I have...
  9. jna dll files in my temp folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    jna dll files in my temp folder: does anybody know what this is? https://gyazo.com/c26ed524316f7c6748eb1f39dc11f15d https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/jna-dll-files-in-my-temp-folder/be74337a-44f9-4f8a-b410-358c86f53f96
  10. Files disappearing from my Documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Files disappearing from my Documents folder: Yesterday I found that certain files had disappeared from my Documents folder. Some, but not all, of them had also disappeared from the back-up copies I keep in an external hard drive. I had made no changes to my computer and the files were there the day before. I did a...