Windows 10: New docs disappear/Amended docs revert back after Restart

Discus and support New docs disappear/Amended docs revert back after Restart in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I've recently had problems with Windows 10 causing blue screen crashing and found updates had failed since Dec 21. Only discovered in last couple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobDewick, May 3, 2022.

1. RobDewick Win User

New docs disappear/Amended docs revert back after Restart

Hi, I've recently had problems with Windows 10 causing blue screen crashing and found updates had failed since Dec 21. Only discovered in last couple of weeks when I found any new documents I created disappeared or any current documents that were changed reverted back after Shutdown and restart. I lost many hours of cartoon work on Clip Studio Paint because, even though my work had saved to the SSD drive, the next day the work had reverted back as though I'd done nothing. The problem isn't Clip Studio as I tried just creating folders with test documents in and after Shutdown and Restart they h

:)

RobDewick, May 3, 2022

2. My Word docs keep disappearing.

My Word docs keep disappearing.

Mary JeanHerzog, May 3, 2022
  3. Micrsoft Works docs are all PDF, new docs are PDF

I converted a Microsoft doc to PDF via the print function. Now all docs are PDF, new docs also PDF.

How to I go back to normal .DOC. I did the change to send doc to someone who couldn't open MS Doc.

How do I go back to normal MS works and can't I convert just a single doc...I DID THAT BEFORE.

GeorgeDi Leo, May 3, 2022
  4. srj123 Win User

Word docs

many thanks for responding and trying to help me. the problem is that all of the docs in various folders that were word docs are no longer word docs - they only open on wordpad (and so parts of the docs cannot be seen). does anyone know why that would
    happen?

I actually don't know if I have a current subscription to office.

thanks again for any help anyone can give

srj123, May 3, 2022
Thema:

1. New docs disappear/Amended docs revert back after Restart - Similar Threads - docs disappear Amended

2. New docs disappear/Amended docs revert back after Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New docs disappear/Amended docs revert back after Restart: Hi, I've recently had problems with Windows 10 causing blue screen crashing and found updates had failed since Dec 21. Only discovered in last couple of weeks when I found any new documents I created disappeared or any current documents that were changed reverted back after...
  3. New docs disappear/Amended docs revert back after Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New docs disappear/Amended docs revert back after Restart: Hi, I've recently had problems with Windows 10 causing blue screen crashing and found updates had failed since Dec 21. Only discovered in last couple of weeks when I found any new documents I created disappeared or any current documents that were changed reverted back after...
  4. attaching docs and sharing docs

attaching docs and sharing docs: Hello, I am unable to attach emails and share docs via email. Jane https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/attaching-docs-and-sharing-docs/12520def-5747-4500-afda-963bcce46076
  5. My Word docs keep disappearing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Word docs keep disappearing.: My Word docs keep disappearing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-word-docs-keep-disappearing/e611d3de-9769-4ed1-b1b5-1c79d816c41e
  6. Unsaved doc disappeared

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unsaved doc disappeared: I left the Surface on all night with a unsaved notepad document. The next day I awaked the computer it was in sleep mode I guess and the notepad document was gone. Disapeared. Is this a bug? Of Windows 10? Of Surface?...
  7. Doc back to pdf

in Windows 10 Customization
    Doc back to pdf: I didn't mean to switch to doc from pdf. How do I switch back to PDF https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/doc-back-to-pdf/7fa837bc-e302-4ab2-907d-2e2ccc6f184b
  8. Converting a TXT doc into a Word doc?

Converting a TXT doc into a Word doc?: How do I convert a text doc into a word doc? Thanks- LB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/converting-a-txt-doc-into-a-word-doc/d8192142-066d-49d9-b2ee-c5098ea28b03
  9. how to open this doc as word doc?

how to open this doc as word doc?: This document was originally opened as a notepad document, so it opens that way always. I would like to change it to a Word document. Is that possible?...
  10. MAc doc conversion to windows doc

in Windows 10 Customization
    MAc doc conversion to windows doc: I generated a document on my Macbook Air but I need to change it to a windows doc. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/mac-doc-conversion-to-windows-doc/a667cb62-d7be-40a2-b567-de5927abf585