Windows 10: New Documents still saving to a OneDrive folder even after uninstalling OneDrive

Discus and support New Documents still saving to a OneDrive folder even after uninstalling OneDrive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have kind of an odd problem. The newest update 20H2 reinstalled OneDrive to my computer, and I then proceeded to uninstall it, then realized that my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cameron Sandberg, Mar 30, 2021.

1. New Documents still saving to a OneDrive folder even after uninstalling OneDrive

I have kind of an odd problem.

The newest update 20H2 reinstalled OneDrive to my computer, and I then proceeded to uninstall it, then realized that my documents still saved under the folder C:\Users\camer\OneDrive. I did a registry fix, and successfully changed the location of my documents to C:\Users\camer, but now all new documents that are created on my computer are created under C:\Users\camer\OneDrive. The OneDrive folder under that was under C:\Users\camer literally recreates itself, and proceeds to save all new document folders that are created there specifically new Steam documents, which shouldn't even need to be created again because they are already exist under C:\Users\camer\Documents.

I don't know where to go from here, and any help would be appreciated.

:)

Cameron Sandberg, Mar 30, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 30, 2021
  3. Why I have TWO Documents folders?

ok so lemme start off my saying i recently wiped my system and installed windows 10
    and i noticed even more recently that i seem to have TWO documents folders...
    i have one that has nothing that it should in it and the other somehow is linked to Onedrive...
    the onedrive linked one has everything that the non onedrive should. (game saves, etc)
    my question is...why? is this normal cause i can't imagine it is...
    i don't think steam game save cloud will work with onedrive so i need to know, is this fixable WITHOUT another wipe? i have no idea how my onedrive got synced with my documents folder. i didn't set it up that way. any help is appreciated!
    thanks!

TheMatt1984, Mar 30, 2021
  4. Freezer Win User

New Documents still saving to a OneDrive folder even after uninstalling OneDrive

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

New Documents still saving to a OneDrive folder even after uninstalling OneDrive

1. New Documents still saving to a OneDrive folder even after uninstalling OneDrive - Similar Threads - Documents still saving

2. Still saving to OneDrive even though it's unlinked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still saving to OneDrive even though it's unlinked?: Hi!I'm having issues with OneDrive...I really don't like it, and I've already unlinked my PC. The issue I have is that it's still showing up as a place to save. I've already done the "File", "Options", "Save", and "Turn off AutoSave" options, but it's still coming up as a...
  3. Still saving to OneDrive even though it's unlinked?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Still saving to OneDrive even though it's unlinked?: Hi!I'm having issues with OneDrive...I really don't like it, and I've already unlinked my PC. The issue I have is that it's still showing up as a place to save. I've already done the "File", "Options", "Save", and "Turn off AutoSave" options, but it's still coming up as a...
  4. OneDrive is uninstalled. Default Save Location set to drive C. Still saving to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive is uninstalled. Default Save Location set to drive C. Still saving to OneDrive: How do I stop Windows 11 from saving to OneDrive. I have completely uninstalled it. The Default Save Location in settings is set to drive C, yet it still saves everything to the OneDrive folder. This is absolutely ridiculous....
  5. OneDrive is uninstalled. Default Save Location set to drive C. Still saving to OneDrive

OneDrive is uninstalled. Default Save Location set to drive C. Still saving to OneDrive: How do I stop Windows 11 from saving to OneDrive. I have completely uninstalled it. The Default Save Location in settings is set to drive C, yet it still saves everything to the OneDrive folder. This is absolutely ridiculous....
  6. Onedrive uninstalled but windows still uses onedrive path to save.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive uninstalled but windows still uses onedrive path to save.: I have uninstalled onedrive completely. However my system still uses C:\users\xxxxx\OneDrive\Documents, and not C:\users\xxxxx\Pictures, etc. Nothing I do will stop this. I saw a method to change this path on the forum but this involved clicking on the onedrive icon which I...
  7. Onedrive uninstalled but windows still uses onedrive path to save.

Onedrive uninstalled but windows still uses onedrive path to save.: I have uninstalled onedrive completely. However my system still uses C:\users\xxxxx\OneDrive\Documents, and not C:\users\xxxxx\Pictures, etc. Nothing I do will stop this. I saw a method to change this path on the forum but this involved clicking on the onedrive icon which I...
  8. Onedrive folder keeps reappearing even after uninstall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive folder keeps reappearing even after uninstall: Hi,As I installed OneDrvie on my PC, it integrated my system folders Pictures, Documents, ... with OneDrive, i.e. put these folder on the OneDrive and synch them with cloud, which I absolutely would have not allowed knowingly.It really really bothered me, I tried to fix it...
  9. Onedrive folder still existing after uninstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Onedrive folder still existing after uninstall: I've tried loads of things to remove the \OneDrive\ from my path ; regedit key, group policy edits, moving certain files from the onedrive build number to the policy definitions, and have had no luck. I simply want the OneDrive folder gone from my path permanently. I want it...
  10. Inkscape is saving to OneDrive folder and not Documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Inkscape is saving to OneDrive folder and not Documents: When I go to export a PNG to This PC -> Documents Inkscape is saving to OneDrive/Documents instead. I don't have OneDrive installed. I don't want to have anything to do with OneDrive. 174830