Windows 10: New downloads disappear after about a half hour post-download

Discus and support New downloads disappear after about a half hour post-download in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been trying to download a large about 4.6 Gigabyte ZIP file. I was able to find it in the downloads folder when it was done, but after at least 30... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by poke454, Jan 4, 2020.

1. poke454 Win User

New downloads disappear after about a half hour post-download

I've been trying to download a large about 4.6 Gigabyte ZIP file. I was able to find it in the downloads folder when it was done, but after at least 30 minutes, the file goes missing and I have to re-download it. I can make a copy within that time and the copy is unaffected. Hidden files are shown and it doesn't affect past downloads.

:)

poke454, Jan 4, 2020

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Jan 4, 2020
  3. xfire Win User
    Half of All BitTorrent Downloads are Television Shows

Why isnt pron on the list I'm sure most people download it?

xfire, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Shuyin03 Win User

New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

1. New downloads disappear after about a half hour post-download - Similar Threads - downloads disappear half

2. Uncertain about downloading a new driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uncertain about downloading a new driver: Ok, so I manually downloaded a newer driver directly from the HP website for my computer but I am confused on what to do after downloading it onto my computer. The SW file appears as "sp100872". Is it supposed to download and change to the driver once its been installed, or...
  3. Uncertain about downloading a new driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uncertain about downloading a new driver: Ok, so I manually downloaded a newer driver directly from the HP website for my computer but I am confused on what to do after downloading it onto my computer. The SW file appears as "sp100872". Is it supposed to download and change to the driver once its been installed, or...
  4. Uncertain about downloading a new driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. about the download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    about the download: i have minecraft windows 10 full version in ms store but when i try to install it,it gives me the trail version.Pls help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-the-download/f51df947-cd8e-4e41-a66e-e44e1f8dead3
  6. After download the file disappears?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After download the file disappears?: Hello I'm downloading a program I've used before. Since I have a new ssd it does not work anymore. After download I open the folder via winrar. Unzip everything into one folder. After that the program disappears. I have also tried it by deactivating my antivirus program....
  7. PC freezes about half-hour after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezes about half-hour after startup: Good afternoon. Yesterday my windows 10 pc start freezing after I play on it half hour. I was playing an offline game and that happened. It also happens when I was browsing on the internet. I don't install anything in the last weeks so I don't know what may be causing...
  8. {Resolved} New downloads disappear after about a half hour post-download

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    {Resolved} New downloads disappear after about a half hour post-download: I've been trying to download a large about 4.6 Gigabyte ZIP file. I was able to find it in the downloads folder when it was done, but after at least 30 minutes, the file goes missing and I have to re-download it. I can make a copy within that time and the copy is unaffected....
  9. Post Download Problems With New Windows Version

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Post Download Problems With New Windows Version: I use Mozilla Firefox and have for years. After downloading and installing the new Windows10, I lost all of my graphics and continue to get an error message that Windows will not let Firefox.exe access the Graphics Driver. I uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled the latest...
  10. Downloads disappear after 48 hours

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads disappear after 48 hours: In the last month, it seems that Windows is deleting files saved in the Downloads folder after about 48 hours. I've lost pictures, docs, etc. Is this a new "feature?"...