Windows 10: New Drive File Transfer

Discus and support New Drive File Transfer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to use a different drive for my PC but don't know how I'm going to move everything back in. Can someone help with that? Also, does it take out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by orangeturtle197, Mar 3, 2020.

1. New Drive File Transfer

I want to use a different drive for my PC but don't know how I'm going to move everything back in. Can someone help with that? Also, does it take out all my drivers?

:)

orangeturtle197, Mar 3, 2020
  2. LonGun Win User

Need Help Files Transfer

I have a computer running Windows XP Home Edition. That computer has two internal HDDs:

The 1st HDD is C:\ that running Windows. And it has 20GB total of capacity.
    The 2nd HDD is D:\ that is empty. And it has 90GB total of capacity.

The C:\ drive is almost run out of space (full). Is there a way I can transfer everything in the C:\ drive to the D:\ drive and begin to use the D:\ drive from there on as primary drive?
    Can the Windows Files Transfer feature in XP transfer everything I have in C:\ to D:\? If it cannot, then which way can I use to perform the above step?

Thank you.

LonGun, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    Need solution for automating transferring of files to flash drives

I am wary of jumping straight in at the deep end so I have a couple of questions.

1 How do you know which files to copy to which memory stick? Can you put a list for each one in a text file?
    2 Are you free to give each memory stick a specific label so that it can be detected in order to trigger the specific list that you have written for that memory stick?

I do have a batch file procedure for identifying the drive letter currently being used for a given external drive label. So perhaps you could trigger a common batch file that
    Step 1 - checks each drive in turn to read its label and then find its current drive letter
    Step 2 - for each detected drive, look up the list given in the batch file to identify which [if any] text file to look in to find the files to copy to that memory stick.
    Step 3 - copies the files listed in the relevant text file

Denis

Try3, Mar 3, 2020
  4. New Drive File Transfer

USB Transfer to Laptop

Hello Judy,

I suggest you to copy all the files to a flash drive from the laptop.
    You may create a new folder on your desktop and name that folder as per your choice.

• Perform the steps to transfer the files from laptop to desktop.

• Plug in the flash drive and wait for it to get detected.

• Now, open the flash drive and Right Click on the files that you want to transfer and select “Copy”.

• Now, open the folder on desktop and Right Click on an empty space in the folder and select “Paste”.

• Similarly, you can transfer all other files.
    As per the file size you can also use an external drive instead of a flash drive and transfer the data.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

New Drive File Transfer

1. New Drive File Transfer - Similar Threads - Drive File Transfer

2. How to transfer files to a new user but on a different drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer files to a new user but on a different drive?: This was previously on a different question segment thing before, but based on how long previous replies have taken I would rather ask a whole new question now than wait a few days for an answer...
  3. How to transfer files to a new user but on a different drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer files to a new user but on a different drive?: This was previously on a different question segment thing before, but based on how long previous replies have taken I would rather ask a whole new question now than wait a few days for an answer...
  4. Transfer fame files to new hard drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Transfer fame files to new hard drive: Hello, i've recently bought a new pc and i wanted to move the game files from old HDD to a new one so i dont have to download the whole game again, as it takes really long time for me.. so i copied everything from steam and other libraries to a new hard drive, but i cannot...
  5. Transfer settings and files from hard drive to new machine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer settings and files from hard drive to new machine: my mom has an old laptop windows 8, i think(but maybe 7). the battery is no good and the plug for the power cord is broken, so it does not boot. she bought a new one and would like to transfer her settings and files to the new one. my idea is to take the hard drive out of the...
  6. Transferring files from old hard drive to new hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring files from old hard drive to new hard drive: Hello, My laptop recently broke that was running Windows 7. I bought a new laptop that is running Windows 10. Since my old laptop would not start, I bought a hard drive enclosure so I could move everything off my old hard drive onto my new one. I am confused with exactly...
  7. transferring files to new PC

transferring files to new PC: Hi, I am awaiting delivery of my new PC build (Windows 10 Home) to replace an aging (Windows 7 Professional) machine. Meantime I have backed up my data files to an external HDD via USB. Will I simply be able to copy these files and folders onto the new PC via USB ? or...
  8. transferring files to new computer

transferring files to new computer: I'm new to transferring things from my old computer to my new one and I'm lost. I spoke with a couple of peopled and they made it sound easy and now I don't know what to do. Here is what I've done until now. I purchased a new desk top and need to transfer my entire lap top...
  9. How to Transfer one drive files to new PC?\

How to Transfer one drive files to new PC?\: I have around 700Gb of files from 2 pcs shared on a single OneDrive account. OneDrive has never been able to copy all files from the pcs to the cloud so not all files are available to both pcs so some are only local files to the pc. Onedrive error reports this as due to there...
  10. new laptop transfer files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new laptop transfer files: I have a new laptop and want to get everything off the old one and onto the new one. I tried to find a USB transfer cored but had no luck and now I am sitting here wasting valuable time when I need to be working. Someone know what I should be doing here?...