Windows 10: New drive for laptop

Discus and support New drive for laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Trying to update Dell Inspiron 5570 with WD Blue SATA SSD M.2.2280 500 GB to WD Blue SN550 NVME SSD M.2.2280 500 GB. Cloned current drive to new SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by John 2639, Jan 26, 2022.

1. John 2639 Win User

New drive for laptop

Trying to update Dell Inspiron 5570 with WD Blue SATA SSD M.2.2280 500 GB to WD Blue SN550 NVME SSD M.2.2280 500 GB. Cloned current drive to new SSD and installed it. PC wouldn't boot saying do bootable device found. Do I need a driver for the NVME drive?

:)

John 2639, Jan 26, 2022
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jan 26, 2022
  3. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Jan 26, 2022
  4. Debs-1035 Win User

New drive for laptop

New laptop and older external hard drive

The laptop doesn't easily "see" the drive.. when I am in Devices and Printers... the icon for the ext HD will appear for just a few seconds.. if I rightclick on it quickly, it'll show the popup for hardware but doesn't have the info for it... does correctly
    refer to it as "USB 2.0 CD + HDD".

I tried your list of steps, but , the HD does NOT ever show in the Disk Management list.

I do have an older Dell that I need to see if it will recognize the HD. I'll try that next.

THANKS for taking the time to list those steps...

Debs-1035, Jan 26, 2022
Thema:

New drive for laptop

1. New drive for laptop - Similar Threads - drive laptop

2. I bought fairly used Microsoft Drive label LAPTOP LCTKO3MG Local Disk 2021 model and don't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought fairly used Microsoft Drive label LAPTOP LCTKO3MG Local Disk 2021 model and don't...: I want to configure second hand Microsoft laptop pls assist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-fairly-used-microsoft-drive-label-laptop/188a7d58-46c3-4fba-b072-4f7bcd39f5d6
  3. I bought fairly used Microsoft Drive label LAPTOP LCTKO3MG Local Disk 2021 model and don't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought fairly used Microsoft Drive label LAPTOP LCTKO3MG Local Disk 2021 model and don't...: I want to configure second hand Microsoft laptop pls assist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-fairly-used-microsoft-drive-label-laptop/188a7d58-46c3-4fba-b072-4f7bcd39f5d6
  4. Is there a way to retrieve data from a BitLocker-encrypted hard drive in a laptop with a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to retrieve data from a BitLocker-encrypted hard drive in a laptop with a...: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with a blown-out motherboard, and I am unable to access the hard drive by using an SSD enclosure and connecting it to my desktop, as BitLocker is activated. I have two Microsoft IDs that are linked to the laptop as devices, and they are the only...
  5. Is there a way to retrieve data from a BitLocker-encrypted hard drive in a laptop with a...

Is there a way to retrieve data from a BitLocker-encrypted hard drive in a laptop with a...: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with a blown-out motherboard, and I am unable to access the hard drive by using an SSD enclosure and connecting it to my desktop, as BitLocker is activated. I have two Microsoft IDs that are linked to the laptop as devices, and they are the only...
  6. Laptop at every boot asks for Bitlocker Recovery Key for my 'D' drive, Any Solution??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop at every boot asks for Bitlocker Recovery Key for my 'D' drive, Any Solution??: I have Windows 11 HomeWindows 11 Home doesn't come with bitlocker settings and option similar to Pro and Student versions,I tried stopping the Bitlocker Encryption Service from Services.msc yet it keeps asking....
  7. Laptop at every boot asks for Bitlocker Recovery Key for my 'D' drive, Any Solution??

Laptop at every boot asks for Bitlocker Recovery Key for my 'D' drive, Any Solution??: I have Windows 11 HomeWindows 11 Home doesn't come with bitlocker settings and option similar to Pro and Student versions,I tried stopping the Bitlocker Encryption Service from Services.msc yet it keeps asking....
  8. Is it possible to install windows on my new laptop FROM two SEPERATE USB drives?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to install windows on my new laptop FROM two SEPERATE USB drives?: I currently have two usb drives, but only have 4gb of space on them, but need 8gb in order to install windows on my new laptop. So is it possible for me to split the installation? Regards Lukas...
  9. Is it possible to install windows on my new laptop FROM two SEPERATE USB drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to install windows on my new laptop FROM two SEPERATE USB drives?: I currently have two usb drives, but only have 4gb of space on them, but need 8gb in order to install windows on my new laptop. So is it possible for me to split the installation? Regards Lukas...
  10. Is it possible to install windows on my new laptop FROM two SEPERATE USB drives?