New drive letter after update

Discus and support New drive letter after update in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; After this last update suddenly I have a new G drive which wasn't there before, only 448Mb with only 4Mb space left. Wondering where this drive came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cradom, Jun 1, 2018.

1. cradom Win User

After this last update suddenly I have a new G drive which wasn't there before, only 448Mb with only 4Mb space left. Wondering where this drive came from, what is on it (shows empty), and if formatting it (to get rid of the low space warnings) will hurt anything.
    It's not the recovery drive, that shows. Any idea where this came from?
    Thanks

:)

cradom, Jun 1, 2018
Thema:

New drive letter after update

New drive letter after update - Similar Threads - drive letter update

1. Change drive letters assigned

in Windows 10 Support
    Change drive letters assigned: Haven't done this in a while. Never in W-10 Want to move and reassign: On Disk 0 (F) becomes (D) 15 MB assigned by OS On Disk 1 (H) becomes (E) Second SSD drive On Disk 2 (D) becomes (F) First HDD used for storage On Disk 3 (E) becomes (G) External 1 GB for File History,...
  2. Change assigned drive letters

in Windows 10 Support
    Change assigned drive letters: Haven't done this in a while. Never in W-10 Want to move and reassign: On Disk 0 (F) becomes (D) 15 MB assigned by OS On Disk 1 (H) becomes (E) Second SSD drive On Disk 2 (D) becomes (F) First HDD used for storage On Disk 3 (E) becomes (G) External 1 GB for File History,...
  3. Map a server to a drive letter

in Windows 10 Support
    Map a server to a drive letter: Hi Guys, One of my clients ( I do a bit of freelancing) wants to map this server---------> The Eye | File Listing to a drive letter. he claims he uses it frequently and finds it much more easier as a drive letter.. I after a lot of researching did not find any solution.......
  4. New drive letter on update

in Windows 10 Support
    New drive letter on update: After this last update suddenly I have a new G drive which wasn't there before, only 448Mb with only 4Mb space left. Wondering where this drive came from, what is on it (shows empty), and if formatting it (to get rid of the low space warnings) will hurt anything. It's not the...
  5. Update gave me a new drive letter -- I don't want it!

in Windows 10 Support
    Update gave me a new drive letter -- I don't want it!: Hello, the most recent update of Windows 10 -- V1803, Build 17134.48 -- added a D drive to my collections of drives, causing me aggravation as I had previously assigned that drive letter to my Dropbox folders. The additional annoyance is the periodic warning that the drive is...
  6. Update gave me a new drive letter

in Windows 10 Support
    Update gave me a new drive letter: Hello, the most recent update of Windows 10 -- V1803, Build 17134.48 -- added a D drive to my collections of drives, causing me aggravation as I had previously assigned that drive letter to my Dropbox folders. The additional annoyance is the periodic warning that the drive is...
  7. Stuck in automatic repair loop (UPDATE: drive letters has switched)

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in automatic repair loop (UPDATE: drive letters has switched): ---- Update: My windows 10 won't boot. It seems like my windows installation is now located at drive D: (it used to be C:, which now seems to only contain a folder named Boot). I tried rebuilding my BCD according to this page:...
New drive letter after update solved