Windows 10: New drive not showing up in explorer or disk management

Discus and support New drive not showing up in explorer or disk management in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Its a 4TB Barracuda Pro 6 GB/s It shows up in the BIOS (of course it does) but nowhere else. When I first went into disk management I got a prompt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LVTHER, May 20, 2018.

1. LVTHER Win User

New drive not showing up in explorer or disk management

Its a 4TB Barracuda Pro 6 GB/s

It shows up in the BIOS (of course it does) but nowhere else.

When I first went into disk management I got a prompt asking which partition I wanted and I chose GPT, but the drive didn't show up after.

Ive tried different sata ports, memory test (online recommendation)

When I restart or turn on my computer I can hear the windows disconnect sound clip (the ones that plays after unplugging a USB) at the login screen.

Only thing I haven't tried is installing the drivers, and that's because I don't have another PC to assist is things go south.

:)

LVTHER, May 20, 2018

2. My External Toshiba DVD Drive doesn't show up

Hi Charsmann,

The above issue might occur if a drive letter is not allotted to the external drive.

Please reply, did you try removing and re-plugging the driver to the PC?

Since the drive shows in Device manager, I suggest you to remove the external drive and re-plug to check if the issue is resolved.

If the issue persists, check if you are able to open the drive via
    Disk management
    by following the steps below:

• Connect the external drive to the PC, press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option from the context menu. Check if the drive is visible in the window.
    • If visible, right click on the external drive and select Open. Check if you are able to open the drive in
      File Explorer.
    • Close the Disk management window, open File Explorer (Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard) and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the external drive not showing in File Explorer on the PC for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 21, 2018
  3. Win 10 I have drives c, f, g when installed new printed drive f disappeared and only shows g how can i make compute showdrive f

Hello,

To address your concern about missing drive, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press Windows logo key + S on your keyboard.
    • Type diskmgmt.msc on the search box and hit Enter.
    • Look for your missing drive on the Disk Management window.
    • Right-click on it and give it a new drive letter.

Let us know if the drive will show up.

Regards.

Angela Pun, May 21, 2018
Thema:

New drive not showing up in explorer or disk management

1. New drive not showing up in explorer or disk management - Similar Threads - drive showing explorer

2. Disk partition not showing up in disk management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk partition not showing up in disk management: I installed a windows 10 update yesterday and now I have lost my D and E drive and all of the data that was on there. When I go into disk management the only drive that shows up is the C drive and 3 others that are called disk 0 partition 1, 4 and 5. When I go into file...
  3. Hard drive shows up in device manager but no in disk management

Hard drive shows up in device manager but no in disk management: I have a few months old Seagate 2tb HDD that just today began to not show up in my drives in file explorer. After screwing with SATA and power cables (to no prevail). It was previously assigned a letter and didn't show any sign of failure, any help?...
  4. hard drive shows up in device manager and bios but not in disk management windows 10

hard drive shows up in device manager and bios but not in disk management windows 10: I have been fighting with this for 2 days now and want to share my answer in case it ever happens to anyone else. I have a new HP computer, Well a refurbished but new to me. I moved my 2 year old 1 TB hard drives over to the new HP. Saw that I could have a mirrored drive and...
  5. My 2nd hard drive shows up in device manager but does not show up in disk management.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My 2nd hard drive shows up in device manager but does not show up in disk management.: How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-2nd-hard-drive-shows-up-in-device-manager-but/20dbfc90-2335-42f1-8dee-7b1c0abd58b4"
  6. Drive is not showing in disk management but showing in my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drive is not showing in disk management but showing in my computer: While expanding my C drive it may delete Ubuntu U drive on my computer,but the space is not unallocated by that drive. Now i want to completely delete that volume (U) but it is not showing in disk management. Also it is shown in my computer but it is not opening and also not...
  7. New Usb 2.O drive shows up in device manager but not explorer

New Usb 2.O drive shows up in device manager but not explorer: I am installing a new external USB 2.0 hard drive for use as a backup media. It shows up in the Device Manger as an external USB drive but is not shown in Windows Explorer. What do I need to do to get it to appear in Windows Explorer? 111535
  8. Disk Management shows HDD but Explorer doesn't

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Management shows HDD but Explorer doesn't: I'm working with a HDD where I want to remove partitions. I can see the disk and partitions in Disk Management but not explorer. I want to see the folders/files before I start deleting partitions. This is a removeable disk in a disk bay. How can I see this disk in Windows...
  9. A phantom removable drive is showing up in disk management

A phantom removable drive is showing up in disk management: There is no drive assigned. I wonder what it refers to? I've checked the registry but can't figure it out. How would I remove it? [img] 40439
  10. Internal Hard Drive not showing up in explorer shows up in Disk Mgmt

Internal Hard Drive not showing up in explorer shows up in Disk Mgmt: Hello! My disk was full of useless junk, so I decided to format it. It worked fine until earlier today, where when I booted up my pc, it vanished from explorer. "Odd", I thought. So I went to Disk Mgmt and formatted it again. It shows up as a healthy partition in Disk Mgmt...