Windows 10: New drives in windows explorer

Discus and support New drives in windows explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I bought a new PC yesterday HP 550-103na windows 10 ( how do i edit my profile btw ?) This evening after a reboot i have a new drive in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gooner1959, Aug 10, 2016.

1. New drives in windows explorer

Hi

I bought a new PC yesterday HP 550-103na windows 10 ( how do i edit my profile btw ?)

This evening after a reboot i have a new drive in explore called System and drive letter G

In disk management this shows as EFI System with no drive letter

So question is how do i remove it from explorer as it should be hidden yes ? and/or should i be worried

New drives in windows explorer [​IMG]

New drives in windows explorer [​IMG]

:)

gooner1959, Aug 10, 2016
  2. McGyver_ Win User

Windows 10 doesn't recognize a new external drive.

I installed a new Western Digital 3t drive on my Dell Windows 10 desktop computer. Windows File Explorer doesn't show the new drive, so I can't send backups to it or do anything else with it. Windows Device Manager shows the new drive and reports that
    it is working properly. I tried restarting the computer, removing and reinserting the drive power cord and I moved the new drive to a different usb port and restarted again. How do I get the new drive to be visible in Windows File Explorer?

Thanks.

McGyver_, Aug 10, 2016
  3. rvdude Win User
    Windows Explorer shutting down on its own.

I removed the USB Flash drive by unplugging it.

Nope. Any flash drive will open a new Windows Explorer window.

This is not a windows problem...it's doing what it's supposed to do, except I don't like it.

When you plug the flash drive in, Windows automatically starts Windows Explorer. Unplug the flash drive and Windows closes that same Windows Explorer window. Problem is when I close the window the flash drive opened when it was plugged in and view its contents
    in another Windows Explorer window I already have open, removing the flash drive closes down that Windows Explorer window as well, and I don't want it to shut down.

rvdude, Aug 10, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

New drives in windows explorer

Its normal for it to be there and visible no need to worry

Samuria, Aug 10, 2016
  5. Thanks for response but if its normal then why wasnt it there to start with ?

gooner1959, Aug 10, 2016
  6. Thats the Recovery partition where a support or system image might be installed to recover system in case of a falliure.
    OEMs like Dell and HP .. Normally put a System image or support software in these kind of recovery partitions.

No need to worry you can definitely hide the partition if you want to

manish9009, Aug 10, 2016
  7. Thanks again for the responses

I booted up today and it has vanished - very odd

gooner1959, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

New drives in windows explorer

1. New drives in windows explorer - Similar Threads - drives explorer

2. Is it possible to move drives in explorer? I want to move DVD Rw (:D) on last place

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to move drives in explorer? I want to move DVD Rw (:D) on last place: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_MeetYourMaker_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jlgtqz/is_it_possible_to_move_drives_in_explorer_i_want/
  3. Win 10, any way to make File Explorer only list drives? I.e. remove those custom folders.

Win 10, any way to make File Explorer only list drives? I.e. remove those custom folders.: I was hoping to remove the custom folders in Explorer. Actually I'd like to get rid of Quick Access, 3D Objects, Desktop, Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos. I mean, just them displaying in Explorer at the start. I don't intend to delete them on their actual folder path...
  4. Always takes a ridiculously long time to search for things on c drive in windows explorer

Always takes a ridiculously long time to search for things on c drive in windows explorer: I’ve never had a PC before, I got this 2 months ago. It’s great and extremely fast, I got it cause I do music and need 0 latency while playing guitar through software. It’s fast in every way except for this. It takes several minutes to search for something literally every...
  5. Disable auto hide arrows next the folder or drive in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable auto hide arrows next the folder or drive in File Explorer?: Hi, In the File Explorer navigation pane for Windows 10 2004, if you move your cursor out of the navigation pane, it will hide the arrow next to the folder or drive. If you move your cursor over the navigation pane, it will show the arrows. Anyone figure out how to disable...
  6. Right Clicking Drive In Explorer cause Explorer force closes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right Clicking Drive In Explorer cause Explorer force closes: I tought it was a bug for new version of Windows 10 ver 2004, and then i tried to downgrade my Windows to 1909 ver, but the same problem still occur....
  7. Accessing network mapped drive from Windows Explorer

Accessing network mapped drive from Windows Explorer: I have a problem accessing mapped network drive graphically. That is, I go to command prompt, input command like net use z: \\1.2.3.4\myfiles /user:myusername mypassword /persistent:Yes which works nicely from command line: I can access Z, I can see the files with dir-command...
  8. Right Click over File Explorer Drive Letter, Context menu Didn't Displayed but Desktop Refresh

Right Click over File Explorer Drive Letter, Context menu Didn't Displayed but Desktop Refresh: Yesterday, I had asked such a question as mentioned on subject. I solved it myself by deleting entries like {90AA3A41-2CBA-...} by regedit. Today, after reboot the notebook, the same issue occurred. I had tried the following methods: 1 DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image...
  9. Desktop context menu not work when right click mouse over Drive on File Explorer

Desktop context menu not work when right click mouse over Drive on File Explorer: After I opened File Explorer and highlighted drive C, I right clicked my mouse and expected the context menu would be displayed. However, it waited for a while and the whole desktop restarted. If I clicked 'This PC' on the left panel of File Explorer, and on the right hand...
  10. Windows 10 summer 2020: CDs cannot be read in the drive; File explorer "Please insert a...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 summer 2020: CDs cannot be read in the drive; File explorer "Please insert a...: Hello People, Somewhat of an old chestnut this one. Looked widely around this and other forums and tried most of the older advice on registry changes, updating driver, etc. Cannot get disks read and used. Older machine HP Compaq Elite 8300 AIO always been stable up until...