Windows 10: New drives in windows explorer

Discus and support New drives in windows explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I bought a new PC yesterday HP 550-103na windows 10 ( how do i edit my profile btw ?) This evening after a reboot i have a new drive in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gooner1959, Aug 10, 2016.

1. New drives in windows explorer

Hi

I bought a new PC yesterday HP 550-103na windows 10 ( how do i edit my profile btw ?)

This evening after a reboot i have a new drive in explore called System and drive letter G

In disk management this shows as EFI System with no drive letter

So question is how do i remove it from explorer as it should be hidden yes ? and/or should i be worried

New drives in windows explorer [​IMG]

New drives in windows explorer [​IMG]

:)

gooner1959, Aug 10, 2016
  2. McGyver_ Win User

Windows 10 doesn't recognize a new external drive.

I installed a new Western Digital 3t drive on my Dell Windows 10 desktop computer. Windows File Explorer doesn't show the new drive, so I can't send backups to it or do anything else with it. Windows Device Manager shows the new drive and reports that
    it is working properly. I tried restarting the computer, removing and reinserting the drive power cord and I moved the new drive to a different usb port and restarted again. How do I get the new drive to be visible in Windows File Explorer?

Thanks.

McGyver_, Aug 10, 2016
  3. rvdude Win User
    Windows Explorer shutting down on its own.

I removed the USB Flash drive by unplugging it.

Nope. Any flash drive will open a new Windows Explorer window.

This is not a windows problem...it's doing what it's supposed to do, except I don't like it.

When you plug the flash drive in, Windows automatically starts Windows Explorer. Unplug the flash drive and Windows closes that same Windows Explorer window. Problem is when I close the window the flash drive opened when it was plugged in and view its contents
    in another Windows Explorer window I already have open, removing the flash drive closes down that Windows Explorer window as well, and I don't want it to shut down.

rvdude, Aug 10, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

New drives in windows explorer

Its normal for it to be there and visible no need to worry

Samuria, Aug 10, 2016
  5. Thanks for response but if its normal then why wasnt it there to start with ?

gooner1959, Aug 10, 2016
  6. Thats the Recovery partition where a support or system image might be installed to recover system in case of a falliure.
    OEMs like Dell and HP .. Normally put a System image or support software in these kind of recovery partitions.

No need to worry you can definitely hide the partition if you want to

manish9009, Aug 10, 2016
  7. Thanks again for the responses

I booted up today and it has vanished - very odd

gooner1959, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

New drives in windows explorer

1. New drives in windows explorer - Similar Threads - drives explorer

2. Mapped Drives Not Visible in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapped Drives Not Visible in Windows Explorer: Hey All,we have multiple Windows 11 clients connected via an on-premise Microsoft Active Directory system.We have a group policy object for mapping 3 network drives that is working successfully. We have used this same object without changes for several years.The problem is...
  3. Mapped Drives Not Visible in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mapped Drives Not Visible in Windows Explorer: Hey All,we have multiple Windows 11 clients connected via an on-premise Microsoft Active Directory system.We have a group policy object for mapping 3 network drives that is working successfully. We have used this same object without changes for several years.The problem is...
  4. File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present: I have a cloned drive E that backs up the main drive C every night.When I do a search in the C: drive, it responds with those matching files in the E drive only.I've played with the index locations and nothing is selected for E:...
  5. File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present

File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present: I have a cloned drive E that backs up the main drive C every night.When I do a search in the C: drive, it responds with those matching files in the E drive only.I've played with the index locations and nothing is selected for E:...
  6. File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Why Can't I See my DVD/CD Drive in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Can't I See my DVD/CD Drive in File Explorer?: I see my DVD/CD drive in Device Manager. But, I don't see it in File Explorer. The drivers are up to date as well as Windows updates. Thank you....
  8. Why Can't I See my DVD/CD Drive in File Explorer?

Why Can't I See my DVD/CD Drive in File Explorer?: I see my DVD/CD drive in Device Manager. But, I don't see it in File Explorer. The drivers are up to date as well as Windows updates. Thank you....
  9. Why Can't I See my DVD/CD Drive in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Cannot add/remove drives from the left side pane of Explorer

Cannot add/remove drives from the left side pane of Explorer: Hi,I have 4 drives, but only 2 are shown on the left side under "This PC" in my Explorer. I cannot add drives to this list, nor remove drives from this list.How can I edit this list?...