Windows 10: New droppings on Desktop

Discus and support New droppings on Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In addition to the annoying desktop.ini files that have cluttered my desktop for ages, I now also get these: [img] and they re-appear if I delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by perdrix, Dec 8, 2020.

1. perdrix Win User

New droppings on Desktop

In addition to the annoying desktop.ini files that have cluttered my desktop for ages, I now also get these:

New droppings on Desktop [​IMG]

and they re-appear if I delete them.

I think these appeared when I installed 20H2 ...

What's going on here - how to get rid of these and the desktop.ini files (without configuring explorer to not show hidden files)?

Thanks
    David

:)

perdrix, Dec 8, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 8, 2020
  3. Automatically moving a fullscreen window onto a new desktop

Hi Joel,

In Windows 10, there is an option to open an app in a fullscreen view. This way, it will be possible for you to make the fullscreen window move to a new desktop. Follow these steps to do so.

• Right click on the application.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click on the Shortcut tab.
    • Beside the Run option, click on the drop-down menu and then choose Maximized.
    • Click on Apply button and then click OK.

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Dec 8, 2020
  4. New droppings on Desktop

favourites to desktop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues with Windows.

I would suggest you to try the steps given below.

• Copy the URL from the favorites.
    • Paste it on the desktop.
    • Then double click on the URL the website will open.
    • You can also drag and drop the URL from the favorite to desktop and double click to open.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

New droppings on Desktop

1. New droppings on Desktop - Similar Threads - droppings Desktop

2. how do i pin an app to my desktop? what happened to drag and drop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i pin an app to my desktop? what happened to drag and drop?: new windows 10 user… i used 7 religiously until i got a new laptop. only using it for school and light gaming like minecraft and stuff. how do i get my apps and games on the home screen? there’s an option to pin it to start but nothing even happens when i do that? i figured...
  3. Intermittent problem with dropping files to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent problem with dropping files to desktop: About 2 out of 10 times when I drop something to the desktop either from a zip file or from explorer or any other source if i drop the file to the center of the screen it does not "land" there, it moves down the whole 1st column from the top left of the screen and places the...
  4. Intermittent problem with dropping files to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent problem with dropping files to desktop: About 2 out of 10 times when I drop something to the desktop either from a zip file or from explorer or any other source if i drop the file to the center of the screen it does not "land" there, it moves down the whole 1st column from the top left of the screen and places the...
  5. The option "use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" is not showing in the advanced...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The option "use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" is not showing in the advanced...: Hello everybody.I tried and searched for hours. Couldn't find a thread or a solution in the web for my problem. The issue is as the title says.The ways i tried:1. editing the registry "ListviewShadow" from 1 to 02. searching in the advanced settings for the option "use drop...
  6. The option "use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" is not showing in the advanced...

The option "use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" is not showing in the advanced...: Hello everybody.I tried and searched for hours. Couldn't find a thread or a solution in the web for my problem. The issue is as the title says.The ways i tried:1. editing the registry "ListviewShadow" from 1 to 02. searching in the advanced settings for the option "use drop...
  7. Issues with Windows 11 and KB5031354. My computer now has Drop Shadows on DeskTop Icons....

Issues with Windows 11 and KB5031354. My computer now has Drop Shadows on DeskTop Icons....: Team : The Recent Update.Windows 11 Version 22H2 x64 -based systems KB5031354.I Un Installed the Update. Then When I ReStarted teh Computer, within 1 hour the Update Windows 11 Version 22H2 x64 -based systems KB5031354 installs again. Drop Shadows return.Microsoft, STOP...
  8. Issues with Windows 11 and KB5031354. My computer now has Drop Shadows on DeskTop Icons....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Windows 11 and KB5031354. My computer now has Drop Shadows on DeskTop Icons....: Team : The Recent Update.Windows 11 Version 22H2 x64 -based systems KB5031354.I Un Installed the Update. Then When I ReStarted teh Computer, within 1 hour the Update Windows 11 Version 22H2 x64 -based systems KB5031354 installs again. Drop Shadows return.Microsoft, STOP...
  9. cannot turn off drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot turn off drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop: I can't turn off drop shadows for the icons on the desktop. I use sysdm.cpl in the cmd window to bring up "system properties" then "advanced" then uncheck the last check box "use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop". This has no effect.I then checked the box, hit...
  10. cannot turn off drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop

cannot turn off drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop: I can't turn off drop shadows for the icons on the desktop. I use sysdm.cpl in the cmd window to bring up "system properties" then "advanced" then uncheck the last check box "use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop". This has no effect.I then checked the box, hit...